Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 03:20 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
yes most definitely. and i hope the velcro straps that come out of the car that rest on the top part of the bumper don't weaken from the rain. ugh!!

I've never seen them come off but maybe as an added measure, try adding extra velcro or if you can find the ones they give you at EZ-Pass. It's more of an interlocking type rather than velco that can wear away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 03:22 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
despite what many people say it does look good on the car. but i guess im the minority in this...

Old 08-02-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
despite what many people say it does look good on the car. but i guess im the minority in this...

I think if you have the right size and install it properly it looks good. I hate seeing an SUV with one that barely covers the middle of the bumper. It's like trying to pull off an outfit that doesn't fit right lol...and I hate seeing the ones where they're all crooked and flapping around. Looking good is one thing though--it really doesn't protect the rest of the car which gets scratches and dents much worse than the bumper does.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:14 PM

the front bumper is free of any nicks but the back is already lousy and ive only had the car 18 months. of course i park on the street which doesn't help. the rest of the car so far so good, and im in NY City (but in a relatively quiet area a few blocks from the city border)

with my old car the rest of the car was fine but the back bumper was all "zitted" up. always the back bumper

Old 08-02-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
the front bumper is free of any nicks but the back is already lousy and ive only had the car 18 months. of course i park on the street which doesn't help. the rest of the car so far so good, and im in NY City (but in a relatively quiet area a few blocks from the city border)

with my old car the rest of the car was fine but the back bumper was all "zitted" up. always the back bumper

Our last car was only 24 hours old when it got hit on the front drivers side. I was livid. The car got hit everywhere except the back bumper lol..that car was a curse and couldn't wait for the lease to be up. The car we have now--same thing. It sits parked and gets hit. We've never actually hit another car while driving. Recently it got keyed from the back all the way to the front. We're on a first name basis with the auto body shop guy and exchange Christmas cards lol

Old 08-02-2013, 04:28 PM

in the blizzard of Jan 1996 my old Toyota, 4 yrs old then, got hit by a plow, suffered a huge dent in the drivers door.

then some moron backed into the car in 2000 and crushed the hood lock mechanism and part of the grille. i saw him do it so he couldn't bolt.

other than those two incidents i suppose ive been lucky

Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 684 times
NYC is a tight squeeze wherever you park -- bumper protectors are a a great idea -- but are they durable and secure? I agree with rlrl -- they can actually cause more harm rather than help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City