Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 09:15 AM

37,119 posts, read 39,327,883 times

Advertisements

I have never been this hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 11:22 AM

579 posts, read 945,207 times
Don't.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:17 PM

61 posts, read 117,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
You sound like the typical American that moves into bushwick displacing the poor non-American born family.
I just can't win with you, can I? First you tell me to "go back to" what you (assumed) was "my own country" (as if THAT'S not racist, you hypocrite), then when I tell you I'm actually American, you criticize me, personally, for somehow contributing to your bull****, false notion of gentrification. The thing with people like you, as I imagine you, some boring middle aged man in his 40's, totally out of touch with everything, angry and bitter, is that you paint everyone with the same brush. You'd hate me if I was some trust fund kid living here (I'm not), you'd hate me if I wasn't, too, it seems. I haven't "displaced" anyone. Like, I love how you make this big boohoo, bellyache over gentrification "displacing" 'poor non-american born families' (oh, let's victimize all these people, since they're all the same, right?) yet you have no sympathy whatsoever for working class young Americans who move to NYC at some point in their lives and can't afford a place to live because the rich took over your city. ****ing double standard much? Look, I get it. But don't take out your frustration with the problems of NY and Bloomberg on me, or anyone else who can hardly afford to live here. "Poor non-americans" have just as much of a right to live in an affordable neighborhood as working class Americans. You make it sound like there is some kind of wonderful, working class American enclave that everyone moving here is just magically unaware of. Get ****ing real, dude.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:28 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,306,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcommie View Post
I just can't win with you, can I? First you tell me to "go back to" what you (assumed) was "my own country" (as if THAT'S not racist, you hypocrite), then when I tell you I'm actually American, you criticize me, personally, for somehow contributing to your bull****, false notion of gentrification. The thing with people like you, as I imagine you, some boring middle aged man in his 40's, totally out of touch with everything, angry and bitter, is that you paint everyone with the same brush. You'd hate me if I was some trust fund kid living here (I'm not), you'd hate me if I wasn't, too, it seems. I haven't "displaced" anyone. Like, I love how you make this big boohoo, bellyache over gentrification "displacing" 'poor non-american born families' (oh, let's victimize all these people, since they're all the same, right?) yet you have no sympathy whatsoever for working class young Americans who move to NYC at some point in their lives and can't afford a place to live because the rich took over your city. ****ing double standard much? Look, I get it. But don't take out your frustration with the problems of NY and Bloomberg on me, or anyone else who can hardly afford to live here. "Poor non-americans" have just as much of a right to live in an affordable neighborhood as working class Americans. You make it sound like there is some kind of wonderful, working class American enclave that everyone moving here is just magically unaware of. Get ****ing real, dude.
I could care less about you and you don't know me, nor would i want you to. I'm all for gentrifying Bushwick, just getting over the fact that people are choosing to live there. You are correct that I have no sympathy for working class young Americans, should I? Also I'd like you more if you were some trust fund kid, or at least i'd like your money.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:15 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,132 times
Quote:
Typical butt-hurt oblivious to reality transplant response... "It's not my fault... i'm poor like you i just live with six friends that combined pay 3000 for a broken down bed bug infested 1-bedroom... We don't contribute to gentrification at all, it's the man..."

You guys are pure comedy
Take this brain surgeon right here

Street Art - NYC L Train - Williamsburg Brooklyn - YouTube

The "look at me, I didn't get enough attention as a child" attitudes of so many of your ilk is just plain embarrassing. When do you guys just decide enough is enough and begin to grow up... I've seen the overgrown child reach as far as 40's so far...

Old 10-01-2013, 12:17 PM

Furthermore, how anyone can consider replacing hard working low-middle income hispanic families for illegal apartment, self-engraciating, narcissistic, overgrown children gentrification is beyond my comprehension... I guess green isn't the color involved here...

Old 10-14-2013, 11:24 PM

61 posts, read 117,850 times
Wow, anon1, you've proven yourself to be a total *******, I think it's safe to say. The whole "transplant" label is retarded, first of all - people have been moving to NYC from all over the world for decades. I moved here after living in another city for 6 years. The idea that people can't move here from other places is elitist and just downright stupid. Part of the legacy of NYC is people who came here from other places, so get over yourself. Also, no one I know i paying 3k for a bed-bug infested 1bedroom, especially not in bushwick or bed-stuy, what the ****. Everyone I live with works full time and we pay for our stuff. And we all have our own rooms. I've never lived in an illegal apartment, but those illegal apartments aren't the seeds of gentrification, you genius, CONDOS are. So **** off with all of your little know-it-all bull**** - mocking me for saying that gentrification is more complex than simply blaming 'hipsters' - obviously it has a lot to do with property, landlords, zoning and the rich pricing people out. But oh, who ****ing cares where America's young working class lives, let's lament other "middle class" people like Latinos but not an entire generation who graduated during a recession. You typical kneejerk liberal scum, pandering to what you perceive as a victimized group of people (in this case, "oh, those poor hard working latinos") but reserving none of the same consideration for "young people" who come to NYC and work full time and can barely get by. You're so quick to sweep everyone with the same brush, what a doofus you are. Out of the apartment I live in, 2 of my roomates are native NY'ers, 1 is latino and 1 is mixed race, and the other 2 of us are white. There's a hair dresser, a waiter (photographer), retail worker (student/nurse in training), graduate student/teacher. Spew your hateful bull**** somewhere else, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Wow, anon1, you've proven yourself to be a total *******, I think it's safe to say. The whole "transplant" label is retarded, first of all - people have been moving to NYC from all over the world for decades. I moved here after living in another city for 6 years. The idea that people can't move here from other places is elitist and just downright stupid. Part of the legacy of NYC is people who came here from other places, so get over yourself. Also, no one I know i paying 3k for a bed-bug infested 1bedroom, especially not in bushwick or bed-stuy, what the ****. Everyone I live with works full time and we pay for our stuff. And we all have our own rooms. I've never lived in an illegal apartment, but those illegal apartments aren't the seeds of gentrification, you genius, CONDOS are. So **** off with all of your little know-it-all bull**** - mocking me for saying that gentrification is more complex than simply blaming 'hipsters' - obviously it has a lot to do with property, landlords, zoning and the rich pricing people out. But oh, who ****ing cares where America's young working class lives, let's lament other "middle class" people like Latinos but not an entire generation who graduated during a recession. You typical kneejerk liberal scum, pandering to what you perceive as a victimized group of people (in this case, "oh, those poor hard working latinos") but reserving none of the same consideration for "young people" who come to NYC and work full time and can barely get by. You're so quick to sweep everyone with the same brush, what a doofus you are. Out of the apartment I live in, 2 of my roomates are native NY'ers, 1 is latino and 1 is mixed race, and the other 2 of us are white. There's a hair dresser, a waiter (photographer), retail worker (student/nurse in training), graduate student/teacher. Spew your hateful bull**** somewhere else, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Never thought I'd see the day where a hipster calls someone else liberal scum... That's a good one... Second of all nowhere did I speak of "latinos" or any other minority group. Third off, any ignoramus dumb enough to move to this city without the funds because it's the "cool" thing to do deserves absolutely no sympathy from anyone whatsoever. Too many young idealistic fools think that it's practical to live in one of the most expensive cities in the world with an art degree... You guys set yourselves up for failure... Don't come crying to C-D now that things didn't pan out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City