Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:31 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,302,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Pardon my typo in my original post. Clearly I had a user fail.

So now TN is a ghetto? Let me inform my parents & their neighbors who have bought 3/4 million dollar homes on the LI sound that they're in the ghetto and look out for the brown people! Maybe they can get some Jews to buy them out? You know, cause they are all wealthy and live like "civilized folk" compared to the rest of us.
Oh I didn't call it a ghetto at all. In fact most of Throggs Neck (particularly the areas near the water) away from the projects have always been nice and expensive, but let's not kid ourselves. I think it was you who admitted that the area was on the decline. Too much overbuilding and too many new groups moving in and the White population is on the decline, which quite frankly stabilized the neighborhood for YEARS when just about most of the Bronx was burning.

Sadly the same thing is happening in Pelham Bay, Country Club and Morris Park. I was in Morris Park not that long ago and can see the old guard changing. A really tight knit community but it's being unraveled unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 10:44 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,759,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
Oh I didn't call it a ghetto at all. In fact most of Throggs Neck (particularly the areas near the water) away from the projects have always been nice and expensive, but let's not kid ourselves. I think it was you who admitted that the area was on the decline. Too much overbuilding and too many new groups moving in and the White population is on the decline, which quite frankly stabilized the neighborhood for YEARS when just about most of the Bronx was burning.

Sadly the same thing is happening in Pelham Bay, Country Club and Morris Park. I was in Morris Park not that long ago and can see the old guard changing. A really tight knit community but it's being unraveled unfortunately.

You're correct, I have stated in the past that TN is changing and not necessarily for the better in some regards. However, I'm also much removed the rose colored glasses of my childhood. And my issue with the changing population in TN has NEVER been about "new groups" moving in. It's how people (or mainly their kids) act.

Oh and let's reiterate that only white folks have the ability to stabilize an area.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
You're correct, I have stated in the past that TN is changing and not necessarily for the better in some regards. However, I'm also much removed the rose colored glasses of my childhood. And my issue with the changing population in TN has NEVER been about "new groups" moving in. It's how people (or mainly their kids) act.

Oh and let's reiterate that only white folks have the ability to stabilize an area.
You can if you'd like to but I was simply stating the FACTS that occurred in Throggs Neck during what was a TERRIBLE time for MOST of the Bronx and you know it. It was the White population that stabilized the neighborhood and kept it desirable and now that they're leaving that's more evident than ever.

Oh and those kids and their poor training, I guess you wouldn't attribute that to the new groups moving in? Must be the cause of ghosts right?

Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
You can if you'd like to but I was simply stating the FACTS that occurred in Throggs Neck during what was a TERRIBLE time for MOST of the Bronx and you know it. It was the White population that stabilized the neighborhood and kept it desirable and now that they're leaving that's more evident than ever.

Oh and those kids and their poor training, I guess you wouldn't attribute that to the new groups moving in? Must be the cause of ghosts right?
Well, considering I wasn't born until 1977 I can't clearly recall who lived where and did what when the Bronx was burning. I've read about it but that's about it.

Let me give you an example of **** kids. I've stated before I no longer live in the Bronx but frequently commute in for work. I usually crash at my parent's for a few days. This week I had one of my dogs with me. At 1am I decided to take a walk with him. What do I stumble upon- a bunch of 12-15 year olds hanging on the beach smoking weed. Best part, little girl was performing oral sex while everyone stood there. And guess who these kids were- children of "natives", white natives. The girl's family is in the area at least 50 years as my grandfather and her's are good friends.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Well, considering I wasn't born until 1977 I can't clearly recall who lived where and did what when the Bronx was burning. I've read about it but that's about it.

Let me give you an example of **** kids. I've stated before I no longer live in the Bronx but frequently commute in for work. I usually crash at my parent's for a few days. This week I had one of my dogs with me. At 1am I decided to take a walk with him. What do I stumble upon- a bunch of 12-15 year olds hanging on the beach smoking weed. Best part, little girl was performing oral sex while everyone stood there. And guess who these kids were- children of "natives", white natives. The girl's family is in the area at least 50 years as my grandfather and her's are good friends.
Well that's not so shocking. Bad influences from the new groups moving in. What do you expect?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Well that's not so shocking. Bad influences from the new groups moving in. What do you expect?
Oy vey! These were ALL WHITE KIDS WHO HAVE DEEP GENERATIONAL TIES TO THE COMMUNITY. Listen, like I said I grew up in TN and hung out there too. The weed smoking, the drinking and general disorderly behavior of kids there is nothing new and has, imo, little to do with new groups.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Oy vey! These were ALL WHITE KIDS WHO HAVE DEEP GENERATIONAL TIES TO THE COMMUNITY. Listen, like I said I grew up in TN and hung out there too. The weed smoking, the drinking and general disorderly behavior of kids there is nothing new and has, imo, little to do with new groups.
So you're telling me that they just picked this up out of nowhere? Who do they see on tv usually glorifying weed smoking and drinking and so on? I don't think it's Whites for the most part. White folks buy the most rap music and who usually makes the rap music?

I'm also confused. One minute it isn't the new groups, but rather their children, and the next it isn't the children. Make up your mind already.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:14 AM

530 posts, read 1,359,003 times
Quote:
This reminds me of when there was a stabbing out in the next county from me done by a white person and then in the comments section of the news site there was a desperate attempt by readers to blame minorities influencing them. I then went on quickfacts and read that the area was 98% white and 2% asian and all of the hamlets surrounding it were 90%+ white with the second largest groups being asian.

Even though I know you have controversial racial views, I didn't expect that comment from you. ESPECIALLY since in the other thread, your whining about other groups blaming whites for things that you *believe* they have nothing to do with.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
This reminds me of when there was a stabbing out in the next county from me done by a white person and then in the comments section of the news site there was a desperate attempt by readers to blame minorities influencing them. I then went on quickfacts and read that the area was 98% white and 2% asian and all of the hamlets surrounding it were 90%+ white with the second largest groups being asian.

Even though I know you have controversial racial views, I didn't expect that comment from you. ESPECIALLY since in the other thread, your whining about other groups blaming whites for things that you *believe* they have nothing to do with.
There's something called TV you know and as I said before Whites buy most of the rap music and who is that made by?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:24 AM

530 posts, read 1,359,003 times
Quote:
There's something called TV you know and as I said before Whites buy most of the rap music and who is that made by?
Well, rock/metal music is oftentimes just as violent and sexual as hip hop music... Actually hip hop/rap is MUCH MUCH MUCH less violent then it used to be over a decade ago.

True, blacks do make much of the hip hop music. But white businessmen are the main ones funding it and white people are the ones who own most of the music/radio networks where the music is played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City