Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:41 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,304,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Umm, but you DO live in the Bronx. At least according to Google Maps, Wikipedia, Yelp and pretty much every real estate website.

Are you that much in denial?
Umm... Google Maps, has Riverdale, NY.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=River...ed=0CCoQ8gEwAA

Same for the Real Estate websites.

Exclusive Properties Sotheby's International Realty - Sotheby's International Realty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 03:46 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Brother, every neighborhood in Queens goes by the same method. It's still Queens though. At first I thought you were trolling the hell out of everybody, but now I am not so sure.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:53 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
Of course it says Riverdale, NY. THE BRONX IS IN NY!!! Your mail is addressed that way--not Riverside, Bronx. Jeeze.

Sotheby's is one of those uppity agencies. Of course they wouldn't consider it to be the Bronx either

Apparently you ARE in denial...

Riverdale, Bronx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Riverdale - Bronx, NY Real Estate & Homes For Sale - NYTimes

Bronx, Riverdale real estate overview - Trulia.com

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=river...&ved=0CI4BELYD

Restaurants Riverdale, Bronx, NY

http://www.zipmap.net/New_York/Bronx..._Riverdale.htm

Heck, even the Riverdale Press has a Bronx address:
Contact us - The Riverdale Press

Old 08-07-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Brother, every neighborhood in Queens goes by the same method. It's still Queens though. At first I thought you were trolling the hell out of everybody, but now I am not so sure.
Not at all. I'm giving my honest opinion and I am certainly NOT delusional. I never viewed Riverdale as part of the Bronx even when I didn't live here. It's not run down, is well developed, clean, has low crime and so on. If I did I would've never moved here years ago and made this my home.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Not at all. I'm giving my honest opinion and I am certainly NOT delusional. I never viewed Riverdale as part of the Bronx even when I didn't live here. It's not run down, is well developed, clean, has low crime and so on. If I did I would've never moved here years ago and made this my home.

There are a solid few clean, low crime neighborhoods in the Bronx. Are they part of the borough, or no?

Also let me ask you this. Does the borough of Queens exist?

Old 08-07-2013, 04:04 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
There are a solid few clean, low crime neighborhoods in the Bronx. Are they part of the borough, or no?

Based on Grosvenor's logic, the borough of Queens exists maybe for certain areas. If he has a negative view of Queens then my guess is areas like Bay Terrace, Howard Beach, Malba, Whitestone, North Flushing, Bayside, Forest Hills are NOT part of Queens. They are just part of NY lol

Old 08-07-2013, 04:11 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,580,539 times
And why does the NY Daily News categorize this article under the Bronx section of it's news stories?

nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/slumlord-strikes-riverdale-article-1.1419446

Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Based on Grosvenor's logic, the borough of Queens exists maybe for certain areas. If he has a negative view of Queens then my guess is areas like Bay Terrace, Howard Beach, Malba, Whitestone, North Flushing, Bayside, Forest Hills are NOT part of Queens. They are just part of NY lol
Most of Queens is quite nice, especially the areas you've mentioned, so most would not blink an eye if you said you lived in Astoria or Queens or used Queens as opposed to Bayside.

Quote:

There are a FEW and only a FEW decent neighborhoods in the Bronx. Considering how big the borough is and how long it's been plagued by high crime, poverty and the like, you can't fault anyone who actually lives in a good neighborhood for distancing themselves from the borough. For years neighborhoods like Throggs Neck, Woodlawn, Pelham Bay, Country Club, Morris Park and City Island were seen as some of the few decent areas of an otherwise run down borough full of dispair. All of these neighborhoods are fairly small in population and isolated in some way, so when you look at the big picture, most of the Bronx is in pretty bad shape.

Quote:
Of course it says Riverdale, NY. THE BRONX IS IN NY!!! Your mail is addressed that way--not Riverside, Bronx. Jeeze.

Sotheby's is one of those uppity agencies. Of course they wouldn't consider it to be the Bronx either

Apparently you ARE in denial...

Riverdale, Bronx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Riverdale - Bronx, NY Real Estate & Homes For Sale - NYTimes

Bronx, Riverdale real estate overview - Trulia.com

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=river...&ved=0CI4BELYD

Restaurants Riverdale, Bronx, NY

http://www.zipmap.net/New_York/Bronx..._Riverdale.htm

Heck, even the Riverdale Press has a Bronx address:
Contact us - The Riverdale Press
The point is for every link you find with that listing, I can find plenty of businesses that use Riverdale, NY. In fact all of the businesses that I patronize list Riverdale, NY on the receipt and everywhere else. We're not in denial. We're proud of where we live, which is in Riverdale, New York.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
There are a FEW and only a FEW decent neighborhoods in the Bronx. Considering how big the borough is and how long it's been plagued by high crime, poverty and the like, you can't fault anyone who actually lives in a good neighborhood for distancing themselves from the borough. For years neighborhoods like Throggs Neck, Woodlawn, Pelham Bay, Country Club, Morris Park and City Island were seen as some of the few decent areas of an otherwise run down borough full of dispair. All of these neighborhoods are fairly small in population and isolated in some way, so when you look at the big picture, most of the Bronx is in pretty bad shape.
Yes most of the bronx is in relatively bad shape. You haven't answered my questions though.

1) Are those good neighborhoods in the bronx......well.....part of the bronx?

2) Does the borough of Queens exist?

Old 08-07-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Yes most of the bronx is in relatively bad shape. You haven't answered my questions though.

1) Are those good neighborhoods in the bronx......well.....part of the bronx?

2) Does the borough of Queens exist?
Yes, they're part of the Bronx because THEY CONSIDER themselves to be part of the Bronx. Riverdale on the other hand has a clear history of doing the opposite as has been shown on numerous occasions going back many years. Several colleges, businesses and other places here consider this as simply Riverdale, NY and NOTHING else and list that on their websites and elsewhere. Even the postal workers know this. It is not at all uncommon or weird or any of that.

Manhattan College
Manhattan College

Riverdale Country School
Riverdale Country School ~ Welcome

Sotheby's
Exclusive Properties Sotheby's International Realty - Sotheby's International Realty

Tennis Courts in Riverdale, NY 10471 // directions to College of Mount Saint Vincent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City