U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 10:40 AM

150 posts, read 209,492 times

Advertisements

Hi, men and women of NYC's city-data.

I was wondering, does anyone know a good tattoo shop; preferably in the Queens area? It's my first time trying to get a tattoo, so I'd like some opinions from the individuals on this forum. By "good" I mean: a clean workplace, friendly, and reasonably priced. But like I said, it's my first time so I have no idea what a "reasonable" price is.

I at least know that it's up to the artist him/herself to decide on the final price, but is it possible for anyone to give a price range on a 15-word quote tattoo on the inside of my left forearm? I'd like the font to be somewhat "curvy" or in italics, I suppose. Any help and advice will be appreciated..

Have a good day y'all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 10:45 AM

7,845 posts, read 9,887,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK04 View Post
Hi, men and women of NYC's city-data.

I was wondering, does anyone know a good tattoo shop; preferably in the Queens area? It's my first time trying to get a tattoo, so I'd like some opinions from the individuals on this forum. By "good" I mean: a clean workplace, friendly, and reasonably priced. But like I said, it's my first time so I have no idea what a "reasonable" price is.

I at least know that it's up to the artist him/herself to decide on the final price, but is it possible for anyone to give a price range on a 15-word quote tattoo on the inside of my left forearm? I'd like the font to be somewhat "curvy" or in italics, I suppose. Any help and advice will be appreciated..

Have a good day y'all.

Will send you a DM

Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,656,285 times
i'd say more than 70% of tattoo places charge on an hourly basis. They also have a base price that is usually an hour. You'll probably be charged for an hour of work as I can't imagine anyone taking more than an hour on a piece like that.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnayyy View Post
i'd say more than 70% of tattoo places charge on an hourly basis. They also have a base price that is usually an hour. You'll probably be charged for an hour of work as I can't imagine anyone taking more than an hour on a piece like that.
Right? I myself can't see it take more than an hour for a couple of words, haha.. I would guess around 200, but I guess it depends.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:03 PM

7 posts, read 27,526 times
Most shops in NYC charge between $150-$200 an hour. Some people do specialize in wording. It is better to spend more and wait to get a artist that is good at what they do then just going out and picking someone random.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling396 View Post
Most shops in NYC charge between $150-$200 an hour. Some people do specialize in wording. It is better to spend more and wait to get a artist that is good at what they do then just going out and picking someone random.
Yeah, I've been looking around for artists that specialize in lettering. I found a few artists so I'll probably choose one out of them

Old 08-11-2013, 08:40 PM

4,889 posts, read 8,788,268 times
Tattoos are so yesterday.
Why follow the crowd?
Be original and NOT get a tattoo.

Punk

Old 08-11-2013, 10:21 PM

2,081 posts, read 3,100,173 times
If you get something with words, make sure they do a spell check first

Old 08-12-2013, 12:34 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,656,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
If you get something with words, make sure they do a spell check first
When I was in High School, I wish I could count the number of misspelled words on people. The worst part, is they thought they were correct!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City