Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:42 AM

268 posts, read 340,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Most of these hookups have purpose rather than about love. A lot of asian women are using white guys to empower them and I don't blame them. Because an asian woman that's over 30 yrs old is generally regarded as being an old maid in Asia. In the US a 30 yr old Asian woman looks no different than a 25 yr old to a white male.

Generally a 30 yr old white female can look as bad a Lindsy Lohan but not much younger looking than Gweneth Peltrow. Most white females just don't age very well.

Which is why a lot of older white females these days are attracted to similarly aged asian males. A 37 yr old professional white female usually date either a 27-32 yr old white male or a 35-45 yr old asian male because generally speaking the asian male at this age does not look like an old dude. Where as many 27-35 yr old white guys already either lost all their hair or the signs of aging such as greys and wrinkles are showing up. For example, I am over 40 years old and just few white hair here and there but not noticeable at all. I'm not even close to being bald.

Since I am an asian male, the most common thing a white female ask me is to show them a good sushi place to eat and teach them all the different sushi pieces and my white male colleagues never asked me nor are they interested in eating sushi. They don't hate it but they don't love sushi as much as the women does.
I'm a little lost. What exactly is the significance of the sushi?

Old 08-16-2013, 09:42 AM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. I truly believe that most women across all races enjoy this as well. If most guys can get satisfaction via oral stimulation, why women wouldn't?
Just because you and all your friends like pasta and meatballs, it does not make them a universal dish. Expression of love and intimacy comes in many forms and has a strong cultural inheritance. Up until this day it makes my skin crawling seeing people sucking and caressing each other openly on the train or other public places because I grew up with the value that such behaviors are supposed to be "private and discrete". It is simply a cultural call, not any moral call though. Just like people have issues with sagging pants and showing undies....you may think it is wrong but they think it is their own business. When it comes to love and intimacy, most east Asians are very reserved and may seem cold in public. My parents never hugged me up to this day as I could remember, and I never saw them hugging or kissing each...if they start doing it now, I would actually feel embarrassed. On the other hand, I hug my kid and throwing "I love you" every now and then, which may seem all natural to you but most east asians have to make the effort doing it.

I have a lot to share on this matter but thought would give you a quick smack so you could have a balanced view on this topic instead of thinking that life is all about pasta and meatballs....

Old 08-16-2013, 10:40 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Just because you and all your friends like pasta and meatballs, it does not make them a universal dish. Expression of love and intimacy comes in many forms and has a strong cultural inheritance. Up until this day it makes my skin crawling seeing people sucking and caressing each other openly on the train or other public places because I grew up with the value that such behaviors are supposed to be "private and discrete". It is simply a cultural call, not any moral call though. Just like people have issues with sagging pants and showing undies....you may think it is wrong but they think it is their own business. When it comes to love and intimacy, most east Asians are very reserved and may seem cold in public. My parents never hugged me up to this day as I could remember, and I never saw them hugging or kissing each...if they start doing it now, I would actually feel embarrassed. On the other hand, I hug my kid and throwing "I love you" every now and then, which may seem all natural to you but most east asians have to make the effort doing it.

I have a lot to share on this matter but thought would give you a quick smack so you could have a balanced view on this topic instead of thinking that life is all about pasta and meatballs....
Hey I don't disagree with you about cultural differences regarding displays and expressions of love, sensuality and so forth.
I know, for example, that Italians are much more effusive than their Scandinavian counterparts.
But does that mean Scandinavians enjoy sex less than the Italians do?

Do east Asians women not enjoy sexual pleasures as much as other cultures due their reserved nature ?

My guess is that they probably enjoy it much as anybody else.
The fact that they are more reserved doesn't necessarily mean they don't want to have great sex.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:04 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Hey it's their lives. I really don't care...

Old 08-16-2013, 11:29 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post

You do have a point. My Japanese ex-boyfriend (born and raised in Japan) was very reserved in public. We did hold hands and had quick kisses here and there, but there was no sucking face, etc. That didn't mean that he wasn't good in bed. He was great in the bedroom. I had no problem with him being discreet.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:41 AM

250 posts, read 503,112 times
Lately, I've been seeing increasing numbers of attractive and young white women with older influential or rich asian men in the social circuit in London, Shanghai and Chicago.

The women seem to be, for the most part, above average in appearance, somewhat below average in career potential (some ex-models and transplants), and those I've spoken to do not seem to fit the usual gold-digger archetypes; ie. they tend to be psychometrically very feminine, tend to be self-diminishing and compliant, committed to forming exclusive relationships with long-term plans for stable marriages with children.

This simply affirms the idea that power, influence and intelligence, or at least the semblance of these properties, are the greatest aphrodisiacs and ignore cultural boundaries. As we see geopolitical power migrate west to east, I expect to see more and more couples of this type.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:44 AM

268 posts, read 340,667 times
I see a little bit of everything these days. I don't know what to think anymore or where this country is heading but it doesn't look promising that's for sure.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen401 View Post
Lately, I've been seeing increasing numbers of attractive and young white women with older influential or rich asian men in the social circuit in London, Shanghai and Chicago.

The women seem to be, for the most part, above average in appearance, somewhat below average in career potential (some ex-models and transplants), and those I've spoken to do not seem to fit the usual gold-digger archetypes; ie. they tend to be psychometrically very feminine, tend to be self-diminishing and compliant, committed to forming exclusive relationships with long-term plans for stable marriages with children.
Think Brandon Wade though his wife is a head turner.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post

Do east Asians women not enjoy sexual pleasures as much as other cultures due their reserved nature ?
The culture and tradition have a very repressive impact on east asians in displaying their true feelings in such aspects of life---if a woman makes joyful and loud screams during sex, she will not be considered as a decent woman...and similar restrictions apply to men which hold them back from revealing these primitive sensual expressions---often perceived as "low quality"...too busy to elaborate but i will get there slowly...

Old 08-16-2013, 12:19 PM

Another quick story, as close as I was to marry my ex white girl, I was persuaded out of it by family and relatives saying that "...you are not ready for this...", just so you know that love and marriage are always your own business in some cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City