U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 PM

12,908 posts, read 8,735,729 times

Advertisements

Don't bother with NYC women, too many are stuck up, spoiled, and bad personalities. Even fat chicks here have attitudes.

It's a great city to be a single gay man but not a single straight man because for every one decent girl there are 10-20 decent single guys around. Disproportionate male to female ratio.

A lot of women here aren't looking for Mr.right, there looking for a sugar daddy. Many of the hot college girls here have arrangements with some wall street banker or lawyer.

Why would they want to hangout with just a decent good guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 10:18 PM

4,926 posts, read 7,074,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Don't bother with NYC women, too many are stuck up, spoiled, and bad personalities. Even fat chicks here have attitudes.

It's a great city to be a single gay man but not a single straight man because for every one decent girl there are 10-20 decent single guys around. Disproportionate male to female ratio.

A lot of women here aren't looking for Mr.right, there looking for a sugar daddy. Many of the hot college girls here have arrangements with some wall street banker or lawyer.

At least you're not bitter, buddy!!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:21 AM

16,209 posts, read 18,676,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Really? here I thought NYC women prefer Wall St. bankers, Midtown lawyers and doctors from Mt. Sinai & NY Presbyterian, etc.

Perhaps he's better off outside much of Manhattan and trendier parts of Brooklyn, for more down-to-earth natives, or transplants that don't ascribe to the Sex and the City lifestyle.

Careerist type women will be wooed and seek after a man who is a banker, lawyer or doctor of some sort, wether if she is from the midwest or if she is an educated local. But your average typical native NYC woman wont really go for certain guys like that not because of money, thats unless if she is a gold digger. Native women are down to earth and humble as well as compassionate, butbon the flip side, shallow, stuck up and rude. For most women from NYC its physical attraction that counts. For the op case he needs to traverse the waters and sample what NYC has to offer with women. I knew guys who had nothing, bums, jail birds, single father with 3 kids and women did not mind being with them because he has a nice body, great smile, sense of humor, very genuine, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
/\/\

Simple. It's expensive to start a family w/ kids and live well in the NYC area on average/modest HH income. They want that tidy 4-BR home in a top-rated school district, sports leagues and music lessons for the kids, eat out in trendy fam-friendly restaurants more than 2x a week, 2 SUVs in the garage, au pairs etc. So they are themselves looking for partners who can support their QOL ambitions and augment the income that they make. Aside from that, these careerist women often don't make a lot of money in their late 20s/early 30s (100K on the high side but often it's below 6 digits) and some have huge student loans they need to pay so the dream becomes harder to attain. One pretty 27-YO co-worker of mine moved back with her parents in Staten Island after renting in Brooklyn for 4 years when she realized her savings weren't enough for her to get a nice house on her own. She dresses well so you wouldn't think that she's financially challenged. The guy who wants to win her over therefore has to show what she is looking for in a husband.
I was thinking the same thing. thats what I have noticed is that these careerist type women are always broke. It does not make any sense to me for these women spending 500 a month on fitness, 2000 bucks on rent, has to pay back for college and still live the yuppie and satc life style. I actually know of one who racked up nearly 6 figures of debt and is getting married, i hope her fiamcee does not know how much debt she has, because if it was me I would call off the wedding.

Quote:
When they're in their early 20s they do. But after they hit 25-27 reality sinks in and then they pine for the comforts of suburbia that they grew up with, but this time on steroids.
I agree. The confines of tranquility of the nostalgic suburbs comes into play, but not all. Some still want to stay in the city that's if they can afford it.

Quote:

Very true, but what can you do? Yes fat chicks in NYC are just like any other chick sround the city, very shallow. Thats another problem is availability. There are more single women than men, but on the flipside there are probably more decent available men on the msrket compared to decent available women. What's going to happen. NYC is not the best place for decent average guy, an average joe is probably better off in the south, west or midwest. Decent average guy may come off as boring to your average NYC women who vies for attention and drama. If your a decent guy just be prepared to date a woman who has a already made family, or an woman who is washed up in debt, or health related mental issues.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 AM

6,993 posts, read 9,535,510 times
If they settle in the good parts of Westchester and Nassau, they're not too far away from Manhattan and they're 5 mins drive from amenities like schools, lessons, retail, restaurants etc. But a house in those areas that's not in disrepair will easily cost more than 700K with taxes approaching 20K/year. Add to that their own Audi SUV (aside from husbands' car) which can set back another 40K. Then there's the after school lessons for kids and other misc expenses plus constantly changing wardrobe for kids as they keep outgrowing their outfits (and ongoing college loan payments well into their 40s). Hence the need for a husband who can take them to a total HH income of more than 110K to afford all this.

Last edited by Forest_Hills_Daddy; 08-16-2013 at 05:13 AM..

Old 08-16-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
If they settle in the good parts of Westchester and Nassau, they're not too far away from Manhattan and they're 5 mins drive from amenities like schools, lessons, retail, restaurants etc. But a house in those areas that's not in disrepair will easily cost more than 700K with taxes approaching 20K/year. Add to that their own Audi SUV (aside from husbands' car) which can set back another 40K. Then there's the after school lessons for kids and other misc expenses plus constantly changing wardrobe for kids as they keep outgrowing their outfits (and ongoing college loan payments well into their 40s). Hence the need for a husband who can take them to a total HH income of more than 110K to afford all this.
Very true. Sounds like a lot.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:34 PM

4,841 posts, read 8,230,791 times
Quote:

Truth be Told!

That's why I recommend joining a dating website instead. Hope I find someone in Nassau/Suffolk or Westchester.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Truth be Told!

That's why I recommend joining a dating website instead. Hope I find someone in Nassau/Suffolk or Westchester.
I have to say that is worthwhile traveling and visiting the suburbs that ring around NYC. Suffolk county is very far, I would rather seek something longterm with a woman from there compared to seeing a local woman from the city who has plenty of hangups. I do have to see it gets easier with women when crossing the cities border. One night I came back into NYC from hanging out with a woman out in Suffolk County. When I got back into Penn Station, I bumped into a late twenty or early thirties milf. She had her daughter with her. She is half pr and italian from Toms River NJ, she is cute too with a suburban look. We exchanged numbers and fb info. Damn she is too far, but also so close. I have been thinking, are suburban women the way to go over raised or transplanted city women?

Old 08-16-2013, 11:20 PM

4,841 posts, read 8,230,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I have to say that is worthwhile traveling and visiting the suburbs that ring around NYC. Suffolk county is very far, I would rather seek something longterm with a woman from there compared to seeing a local woman from the city who has plenty of hangups. I do have to see it gets easier with women when crossing the cities border. One night I came back into NYC from hanging out with a woman out in Suffolk County. When I got back into Penn Station, I bumped into a late twenty or early thirties milf. She had her daughter with her. She is half pr and italian from Toms River NJ, she is cute too with a suburban look. We exchanged numbers and fb info. Damn she is too far, but also so close. I have been thinking, are suburban women the way to go over raised or transplanted city women?
When I was a teen, I use to go to Long Island often and girls would ask me out. I rejected them only because I lived far in Queens, looking at it now, I really regret it. I personally prefer suburban middle class females, and find myself a lot more comfortable around them. I find some transplant women attractive, but I doubt they would think the same about me.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 PM

12,908 posts, read 8,735,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
When I was a teen, I use to go to Long Island often and girls would ask me out. I rejected them only because I lived far in Queens, looking at it now, I really regret it. I personally prefer suburban middle class females, and find myself a lot more comfortable around them. I find some transplant women attractive, but I doubt they would think the same about me.
The downside to suburban females is that most of them still live at home with mommy. When I dated NYC females, most of them live with roommates and have no issues with staying out late or even crashing over. The suburban ones, especially from LI all have to call their parents even though they are in their late 20s and early 30s!!

If you want to find a gf you go to LI, if you just want a girl that you hang and bang on the weekends or during the week then you find a NYC girl that works in an ad agency. One of those I'll call you but don't call me during the weekday types.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 9,535,510 times
There are suburban woman you can hang and bang also - au pairs.

Those transplant women in the city, some of them will move to the suburbs also later in their 20s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
One night I came back into NYC from hanging out with a woman out in Suffolk County. When I got back into Penn Station, I bumped into a late twenty or early thirties milf. She had her daughter with her. She is half pr and italian from Toms River NJ, she is cute too with a suburban look. We exchanged numbers and fb info. Damn she is too far, but also so close. I have been thinking, are suburban women the way to go over raised or transplanted city women?
Bronxguyanese - It appears as if you don't need to go prospecting in the suburbs. Looks like you are able to bag them just about anywhere!

Last edited by Forest_Hills_Daddy; 08-17-2013 at 05:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City