U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 06:20 PM

86 posts, read 281,897 times

Advertisements

True but if you look at some of the floorplans of the higher priced apartments, many of the two bedroom apartments feature large terraces and second bathrooms.

I think the apartments are priced to sell for the people in those income brackets. Plus, the maintenance (~$500 for 1brs and ~$700 for 2brs) is relatively low and there is a 40 yr tax abatement, which takes the monthly payments down considerably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 09:28 AM

43 posts, read 141,043 times
Hi everyone, happy new year! Does anyone have any updates on this development?

Old 01-06-2014, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,664 times
Just got my interview letter in the mail this afternoon!

Old 01-07-2014, 03:24 AM

523 posts, read 1,257,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knicerbocker4life View Post
Just got my interview letter in the mail this afternoon!
What preference did you have?

Old 01-07-2014, 12:53 PM

27 posts, read 70,835 times
Has anyone picked their apartment? Any updates? I hope Michael Reed updates soon.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,842 times
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

I personally applied to these apartments because
1) I work in the area
2) In the center of everything
3) Great opportunity]
However, I find it that it’s unfair for those like myself who live outsideof the Community Board to be eligible for lottery apartments within thedistrict. This is not correct. Basically these affordable apartments are beingheld only by the community and not being diverse to other people, who have goodjobs and want the opportunity to live within Manhattan without the skyrocketingprice of city apartments. You have 50% of the apartments available to CBDistrict 5 then 25% of the apartments available to those affected by HurricaneSandy (Should be the other way around) and then the remaining 25% to"outsiders". And these outsiders are most likely city employees etc.I think the fact that 50% is available to the community board is relativelyhigh and it should be reduced.
I also noticed during the information section, as mentioned on a priorcomment to this forum, lots of elderly people with their children and orgrandchildren were applying. Not saying there was anything wrong with that andits good to see younger generations help the elderly. However, let's be honest,the majority are applying for either kids or grandkids and are not necessarygoing to live in the facility. Who’s really going to check on a day to daybasis regarding whom is leaving there and who is not. ]Hopefully some changes will come about soon regarding how these lotteriesare drawn.
Congrats to those selected. Best of Luck to You!

Last edited by golfgal; 01-14-2014 at 03:50 PM..

Old 01-15-2014, 05:32 PM

86 posts, read 281,897 times
If you have questions, you can email info@theparkclinton.com. Very prompt response time.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:27 PM

14 posts, read 36,123 times
Park Clinton'ers,

Happy New Year!

We have issued offers to the preference lottery applicants, as follows:

Preference Allocation Offered
Mobility Impaired 5 5
Visual/Hearing Impaired 2 2
Community Board 48 41
Hurricane Sandy 24 0
Municipal Employee 5 0

We have concluded interviews for Community Board ("CB") Preference applicants and we have enough CB applicants to offer the last few CB preference apartments.

All of the 80% AMI apartments have been offered by the time we commence Hurricane Sandy ("HS") preference selections. Most of the 1 bedrooms at 150% AMI have been offered.

Note: To qualify for a 2 bedroom, there is a preference for households of 2, 3, or 4 persons;

We will continue to schedule interviews for preference applicants through February and anticipate non-reference interviews to commence in March.

As mentioned previously, we rec'd approx. 14,000 lottery applications and we will only contact lottery applicants when/if we reach your application in order of the log.

Cooperatively yours,

Michael E. Reed,
Selling Agent

P.S.

I WILL NOT USE THIS FORUM TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OR REPLY TO ERRONEOUS COMMENTS.

This forum is for the enjoyment of those who join in. I don't want to stem that enjoyment by interacting with individuals. The interview and sales process is a private matter, please consult your attorney and refrain from making decisions based on 3rd Party forum comments.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

This is not an offer to sell shares, an offer and its terms can only be made based on issuance of the Offering Plan approved by the Atty General of New York State.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:20 AM

29 posts, read 67,956 times
Thanks for the update Mr. Reed.

I wish other HPD lottery projects would do this, it gives us a glimpse into the process.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Troll

Old 01-28-2014, 11:50 AM

43 posts, read 141,043 times
Hi all,

Does anyone have any updates? Any letters received in the mail? Interviews scheduled?

Thanks, D E K E R
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or