U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 11:42 AM

85 posts, read 161,929 times
What apartments are everyone going for? I'm hoping for a 1br at 80% AMI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 09:09 PM

21 posts, read 38,632 times
Default mobility impaired interviews

Hi,

I applied and am mobility impaired. I'm concerned because I haven't received any notification for an interview yet. Maybe my application wasn't opened? I'm unclear if they had to open all of them and then take the mobility impaired individuals or what.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:14 PM

39 posts, read 82,724 times
Thank you jhartigan and meemsone for providing the percentages. Much appreciated!

As for sydney44's question about why he wasn't called, it could be because they already picked enough mobility people for the first round of interviews. If some of those applicants don't pan out for any reason (not meeting the income restrictions, not enough money for down payment, inability to secure a mortgage), then they'll continue to go down the list of mobility applicants and pick more.

So, my thoughts - they probably did open your application, but they haven't gotten to it yet. Will they get to it? I guess that depends on where in the list it is and if some of the current batch of mobility applicants don't pan out.

Last edited by deker0; 10-25-2013 at 02:23 PM..

Old 10-25-2013, 07:20 PM

44 posts, read 35,066 times
hi guys, when they ask you to bring previous year tax return to interview... what are they looking for? my current income for 2013 meets the criteria but my past 2 years are does not.... will that disqualify me?

Old 10-26-2013, 01:34 PM

21 posts, read 38,632 times
LightWeightBaby - where you selected for an interview for Park Clinton?

Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 AM

47 posts, read 41,564 times
Default Lottery Process Outlined

Quote:
Originally Posted by marionsaleh View Post
10/20/13
RE: Lottery process

Dear all:

I truly wish that someone from HPD could answer my my concerns regarding the lottery process.

Note that according to earlier application instructions, "Applications will be randomly drawn and opened in a lottery process monitored by HPD. Depending on the volume of applications received, it may not be possible for all of the applications to be opened." given all the concerns expressed so far, can anyone analyze and interpret this statement? Thanks
Hello posters,

I was involved in the La Celia Lottery. Take a look at this document from HDC which explicitly outlines how the lottery process works.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/download...Guidelines.pdf

Page 17 begins to outline the lottery process.

Good luck to all! You will not regret trying.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:04 PM

29 posts, read 32,926 times
Bgal,

What was your experience with the process?

Did you purchase an apartment? If so, any regrets?

Just Trolling!

Old 10-29-2013, 04:54 PM

5 posts, read 10,816 times
Default Hurricane Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Actually I emailed them with that same question today and this is what they told me

5%- mobility
2%- visual/hearing
50%- Community Board
5%- Municipal
25%- Hurricane Sandy
in that order. I'm a municipal worker. Hopefully not that many municipal workers applied. But either way I wish everyone luck!
Im wondering if they will find 25% of Hurricane Sandy applicants. Maybe some of that alotment will go to nonpreferred.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:34 PM

307 posts, read 383,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopenpray View Post
Im wondering if they will find 25% of Hurricane Sandy applicants. Maybe some of that alotment will go to nonpreferred.
Yes I'm pretty sure they will. And actually sandy is before municipal workers. You figure the amount of people that applied I'm sure 25 were affected by sandy. They definately have better odds than the non preferred. Good luck to everyone waiting on the list.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:55 PM

47 posts, read 41,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Subsidy Troll View Post
Bgal,

What was your experience with the process?

Did you purchase an apartment? If so, any regrets?

Just Trolling!
Great experience. Trust that Mike Reed will do you right. Look at the fine print if you get chosen to look at an offering plan. You really need to be able to park it in NYC for a while for it to make it a good investment because of the restrictions on the resale are strict. The Park Clinton is under a completely different government program than La Celia. It is my understanding that the restrictions on resale are different than ours. I found info online that actually gave the prices of the apartments and the specifics on the resale. (I googled the actual address. Do some digging, hopefully you can still find it)

I have a beautiful new home and absolutely NO regrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City