Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 01:03 PM

81 posts, read 100,532 times

Advertisements

I know there are people with different culture background live in different communites, there are also people live in communites that out of their culture background. Are there many communites have diverse culture population?? If yes do they get along in general? would anyone tell me more about different communites and neiborhoods there just for me to get a general idea of the place?? Thank you a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 01:24 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,274,482 times
On my block we have people of all different cultures. Polish, Romanian, Puerto Rican, Italian, German, Slavic, Chinese, Egyptian, Filipino, Indian, hipster, etc... Yet to see anyone act unfriendly towards one another.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:06 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,890,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Iguana View Post
I know there are people with different culture background live in different communites, there are also people live in communites that out of their culture background. Are there many communites have diverse culture population?? If yes do they get along in general? would anyone tell me more about different communites and neiborhoods there just for me to get a general idea of the place?? Thank you a lot!
Many neighborhoods in Queens have a big mix of cultures. I recommend walking around Astoria or Sunnyside one day if you get the chance.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:41 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,761,029 times
At one point in time yes, now not that many left.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,161,372 times
Residential divisions in NYC are more commonly economic. However, there is still significant diversify due to various forms of rent stabilization.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
On my block we have people of all different cultures. Polish, Romanian, Puerto Rican, Italian, German, Slavic, Chinese, Egyptian, Filipino, Indian, hipster, etc... Yet to see anyone act unfriendly towards one another.
the culture is abosulutely diverse there.how do people feel the diverse there? by the way, where are Japanese and Korean??

Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 PM

37,009 posts, read 39,070,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Iguana View Post
the culture is abosulutely diverse there.how do people feel the diverse there? by the way, where are Japanese and Korean??
There's not that big of a Japanese American or Japanese expat population in NYC compared to a lot of other ethnicities. There are a lot of Japanese business in Midtown East and along and around St. Mark's Place between 2nd and 3rd Avenue, but very few Japanese people actually live there. In terms of actual residents, there are some small communities within the city such as the Upper East Side (holdovers from the former Japanese economic boom) and Astoria. There's also a somewhat larger population out in some of the NYC suburbs.

There are a pretty good number of Koreans in northeastern Queens around Flushing and Whitestone.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Many neighborhoods in Queens have a big mix of cultures. I recommend walking around Astoria or Sunnyside one day if you get the chance.
are there all kinds of business owned by people with different culture background?? If so do those business all share a piece market there??
what's your opinion about live in a big mix of culture neighborhood and a single culture neighborhood?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:08 PM

268 posts, read 339,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
Residential divisions in NYC are more commonly economic. However, there is still significant diversify due to various forms of rent stabilization.
...And welfare.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
At one point in time yes, now not that many left.
do you mean in geneal or any borough in particular ??what happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City