Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2013, 03:39 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
If you referring to myself I came into this thread when some idiot said incidents like this is due to a "black culture" and responded appropriately.
I was referring more to nywriterdude. But who said that? Hilltopjay? Don't worry about him. He says stuff like that all of the time. He also claims to be black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 03:44 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I was referring more to nywriterdude. But who said that? Hilltopjay? Don't worry about him. He says stuff like that all of the time. He also claims to be black.
No actually it was a different screename but he never responded back so it doesn't matter.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:46 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Ok

Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
...or have been in combat before...
Or just had some booze and was drunk when posting. If you're targeted by a gang, who says they have to announce when they are going to shoot you? They can send someone in you don't recognize.

You'd have to go into hiding, period.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 PM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
You'd never understand the concept of situational awareness, so I won't bother explaining. I know you won't believe me, but my mindset comes from 15+ years of constant training and preparedness across various self-defense disciplines. I understand completely when people like you can't comprehend what I'm saying, that's a perfectly natural reaction to seeing, hearing, or experiencing something or someone that you've never encountered before.

It's not about being a tough guy, it just IS.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:55 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
If you referring to myself I came into this thread when some idiot said incidents like this is due to a "black culture" and responded appropriately.
Right. Let's DO argue that it's not culture, that all about some sort of "black race."

Old 09-05-2013, 06:57 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
It will continue to come as a surprise to people, I think, that not all black people have the same point of view.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
You'd never understand the concept of situational awareness, so I won't bother explaining. I know you won't believe me, but my mindset comes from 15+ years of constant training and preparedness across various self-defense disciplines. I understand completely when people like you can't comprehend what I'm saying, that's a perfectly natural reaction to seeing, hearing, or experiencing something or someone that you've never encountered before.

You're a man who deluded himself into thinking he's SuperMan. Btw, military people have been taken by surprise too (by terrorists or others) so there is no foolproof training that make you invulnerable to crime, outside of the spy movies.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:

If you believe all that you're saying, you should be perfectly fine living in the worst part of Brownsville. Except you'd never do that, because you know its not true. They'd waste you.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 AM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Ok. As I said, your failure to understand is a perfectly natural reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City