Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 12:19 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why?

I don't live there and yes I felt sympathy for all of those who were involved and affected that day however, it is not a day that I personally mourn yearly.
It is none of my business nor concern who does what on this day every year.
A lot of those affected personally have moved forward in their lives, they have remarried, had children, moved away, had others in their families die, etc. Just because a tragedy as terrible and traumatic as this happens does not mean the world stops for the rest of eternity.

I believe everyone is entitled to remember the day any way they choose and not be degraded for their choice.
Typical self centered American. Tragedy? This was an ACT OF WAR against innocent citizens. Men and women who kissed their kids in the morning, their wives and husbands, never to be seen again. The only tragedy here, is that most of the populace has forgotten or doesn't care. The footage of that day should be shown often, children in school must be taught what happened. Watch people jump to their deaths, put yourself in their place.

If you saw me you would think I'm some big tattooed maniac that never cries. Well, every time I am reminded of that day and what I saw, I cry without fail. Anger, rage, sadness, emotional overload. Never forgive Never forget...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Watch people jump to their deaths, put yourself in their place.
Put yourself in Baghdad during Shock and Awe when 100,000 people were slaughtered with U.S. missiles. Bet some of them were children too.
Would you like to see some of their home movies?

Old 09-11-2013, 01:05 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Put yourself in Baghdad during Shock and Awe when 100,000 people were slaughtered with U.S. missiles. Bet some of them were children too.
Not my people, not my problem. Those videos I enjoy, where's the popcorn? Muslims slaughter more Muslims then we ever could. Religion of peace my a**. Speaking of which, are you concerned about the Christians in Egypt, Syria, and Sub Saharan Africa in particular that have been slaughtered in untold numbers. I didn't think so.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:13 PM

706 posts, read 1,042,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
9/11 was not the most horrible evil deed humans have done against one another.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:17 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
9/11 was not the most horrible evil deed humans have done against one another.
Who is trying to insinuate that it was?

Old 09-11-2013, 02:04 PM

206 posts, read 294,406 times
Can we just leave politics out of it and remember what happened for the sake of those who died or survived that day? It could have been you or someone you know. Maybe it was. Lets not tarnish the memory with pointless arguing.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM

195 posts, read 304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Vigoda View Post
Can we just leave politics out of it and remember what happened for the sake of those who died or survived that day? It could have been you or someone you know. Maybe it was. Lets not tarnish the memory with pointless arguing.
^^this!

Old 09-11-2013, 04:59 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Thank you for your kind thought.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:29 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Vigoda View Post
tarnish the memory??? the memory of humans killing other humans..

Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,192 times
September 11, 2001 was a day when terrorists hoped that an attack would cripple American money, power and, spirit.

Our economy is the crapper but, that's because of stupidity and corruption at our higher levels of government, -not- terrorist... ok I got sidetracked.

Point is the terrorists failed on all 3 counts. American stands strong and determined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City