U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 02:30 PM

286 posts, read 274,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Fixed.
LOL, thanks dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 09:13 AM

34 posts, read 44,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
I think in the next 5 years we will see a huge difference in Bed Stuy and Bushwick, another 10 years it will be completely 'taken over'. The G-Bomb has been aggressive and continuous. Look at Williamsburg, 10 years or so later and it's on the 'clean sweeping' phase.

East New York is another story, terrible reputation, not as attractive as Bed Stuy or even Bushwick, not close to DTBK the Financial District and Midtown. Lot's of infill in ENY too. If I can roll my dice, I say the areas north of Pitkin Ave and south of Atlantic Ave may get some new comers some years down the line. This may occur when the Broadway Junction is redeveloped and spill over from neighborhing Bed-Stuy, Ocean Hill and Bushwick occurs, and whatever is going to happen to Cypress Hills too.

I am very appalled at this. The area is not run down. I mean, have you guys lived in the area? The area is definitely changing for the better. Soon it will be as expensive as Bed-stuy, if not even more since the area isn't congested like Bed-stuy or Willie-B. They have opened up Gateway mall years ago and now recently added more stores; they are also building more homes around that area.

I try to only comment on areas I know for sure and it just bothers me that some people make comments about BK but never lived in BK and only follow whats on the news or from hearsay.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:18 AM

34 posts, read 44,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianbeef View Post
First off don't lump East New York with Brownsville, they are two completely different neighborhoods. East New york has a lot of nicer areas on the north side and it gets sketchy as you get south closer to Pennsylvania ave. and Pitkin ave. south and west of that don't bother because you will basically be in Brownsville, which has either projects or cheap single family houses built in the 90's to fill the empty lots. Stick to Cypress Hills or Cityline in East New york, those areas are mostly hispanic with a big arab population near the Ozone Park border, It's mostly brick row houses with some victorian and woodframe houses in Cypress Hills, more of a stable neighborhood feeling with very few empty lots unlike south of Sutter ave. ENY only has Projects on the south end of the neighborhood (Pitkin ave. south) stay away from Linden blvd. or Livonia ave. especially.

Pretty sure Southside Jamaica Queens has a higher murder rate and by the looks of things ENY will be the next neighborhood on the gentrification train. Now that Bed-Stuy and Bushwick are certified hipster neighborhoods ($$) more and more hipsters will be priced out and move to the next neighborhood over which is ENY (Cypress Hills especially).

Thank you for your positive comment about ENY. I am always on the defense especially since many have not lived in the area.

And yes, Brownsville is the hood. It has the most housing complexes, aka PJs. My grandmother used to live in Brownsville for years before she expired years ago. I loved her dearly but disliked visiting the area.

Not sure if Brownsville will ever get gentrified since the "poor" folks need a place to live when they eventually get kicked out of Bed-stuy and other surrounding complexes since they may want to turn them into co-ops or condos, etc. They may just send everyone to the Rockaways and create another man-made storm like Sandy to annihilate the population.

My two cents.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 PM

De Blasio Administration Targets Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn for Building | New York Observer

Old 11-18-2014, 07:21 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,850,217 times
Hmm interesting. Idk if this has to do with the city or developers, but I live in Brownsville & I've been seeing construction going on with restoring abandoned houses. One of them actually looks nice now. I doubt we'd see something special like ENY or those other areas though, a true shame.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:50 PM

For anyone interested.

Gateway Elton II East New York Affordable Housing Applications Open | BrickUnderground

Old 02-03-2015, 04:50 PM

Default It begins

The Red-Hot Rubble of East New York -- NYMag

now they're just outright forcing it.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:03 PM

19,640 posts, read 34,743,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianbeef View Post
The Red-Hot Rubble of East New York -- NYMag

now they're just outright forcing it.
Lol. Free wi-fi cafes on Van Siclen and Sutter.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-01-2015, 04:18 PM

Arlington Village bought up, now Blue Ridge farms:

Phipps Houses | Blue Ridge Farms Brooklyn

Old 06-22-2015, 08:27 PM

Six Residential Units Penciled Out At 680 Jamaica Avenue, Cypress Hills - New York Yimby

Six-Family Apartment Building Planned At 717 Sutter Avenue, East New York - New York Yimby

Three-Story, 10-Unit Building Filed At 424 Glenmore Avenue, East New York - New York Yimby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City