Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 10:51 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,107,266 times

Advertisements

being from out of state, not using a turn signal was one of the first of many things i noticed about NY drivers. on the highway, pulling over to double park and especially when waiting to make a turn at an intersection and cars are turning onto the street you're on. what is so difficult about pushing that little appendage to the steering column and showing a little courtesy to others? that being said, to those drivers here who do use their signals....thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 11:15 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,284,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
it is to hard to text and use the turn signals at the same time.
I just don't get the logic of texting while driving, period.

It's like they're saying: "I'm going 80MPH in a motorized vehicle that I'm controlling on a road that I'm sharing with other motorized vehicles going as fast if not faster. I clearly need something else to do with my eyes and my hands..."

Old 09-19-2013, 12:25 PM

25,341 posts, read 36,862,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K 22 View Post
I just don't get the logic of texting while driving, period.

It's like they're saying: "I'm going 80MPH in a motorized vehicle that I'm controlling on a road that I'm sharing with other motorized vehicles going as fast if not faster. I clearly need something else to do with my eyes and my hands..."

Darwin's Law sets it all straight.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:38 PM

282 posts, read 572,853 times
This is hardly unique to New York. I am actually shocked whenever a Massachusetts driver signals.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:01 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,310,970 times
I find that most people do signal while they are driving. I also learned that, even though I always signal, for awhile I actually wasn't signaling because my light was out. From my experience, people are less likely to signal when they are changing lanes (usually the person who is in a rush and is just playing F-r-o-g-g-e-r on the highway.) Apparently, CD blocks that word.

Once I drove through Connecticut with my parents and I was surprised to see that almost no one used signals to change lanes.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:55 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,862,122 times
Signaling for changing lanes is a considerate nicety. I can forgive those who do not expecially if there is sparse highway traffic.

But making a left or right turn in New York City without signaling should be treated ALWAYS as a major moving violation. And cops should drop their donuts and DEAL with the rampant problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City