Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 07:48 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
My source says the 3 days a week is true but they can't work over 50 hours a month no matter how much they receive.
False.

Quote:
No one is required to spend the remaining hours at a job center for any reason including searching for work.
ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY FALSE.

Quote:
At no time do they report back to work after a lunch break. By law a person doesn't have to have lunch with less than 6 hours of work. HRA makes sure they don't work more than 4.
Your "source" is LYING to you.

LMAO!! Seriously, you must not know people currently on the system or else you would know that your "source" is full of "ish". They MUST account for 35 hours a week.

Now whether you believe me or not is totally up to you.

In "some" cases where the parent might have a kid 6 and under, then they "might" be able to do 20 hours, but it depends on the job center and the home circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 07:51 PM

475 posts, read 852,876 times
46% of the New York population lives in poverty.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
This would legally amount having a person work without a contract to pay.
Yep.

ETA: Applicants who are WAITING to be approved do NOT perform WORKFARE. It's the ones who are ALREADY receiving cash.

Quote:
Totally illegal.
Yep, I think so.

Quote:
Civil rights attorneys would be all over this.
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Quote:
Do you have a young relative that is pulling the wool over your eyes while you are babysitting in your spare time?
LOL! Nope.

Last edited by marilyn220; 09-27-2013 at 08:34 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 07:58 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
All of those silly capitals and faces.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
All of those silly capitals and faces.
You want my attention, don't you?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:41 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,859,360 times
If what marilyn220 is stating is true most people would think so what , it is still not enough.

If what my source says is true and Harlem resident agrees it is, most people will think it is way too lenient and definitely not enough.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:43 PM

402 posts, read 811,461 times
GOOD GOOD GOOD.. Ive heard of so many 20 somethings with no ambition no drive, just lazy pieces of crap who do not work and do not look for jobs that collect food stamps... These men have no pride as a man and should be castrated, fn disgraces!

Old 09-27-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
If what marilyn220 is stating is true most people would think so what , it is still not enough.
When workfare first got started under Giuliani he banned all welfare recipients from any type of schooling. Everybody was forced to work 7 hours a day, 5 days a week as porters, street sweepers, etc. It changed in 2001. No one knows why, but it's "rumored" that civil rights attorneys took NYC to court and found that what was being done was legalized slave labor.

Guiliani was taken to court numerous times for forcing victims of domestic violence to work, when they were not mentally ready to do so. The city was also taken to court for not doing anything about women being constantly sexually harassed or threatened by their male supervisors on the job site of being reported for insubordination of they didn't submit to their sexual demands. Giuliani didn't care. Also, even the Fair Hearings were corrupted. Whereas, 97% of Fair Hearing would be overturned in favor of the recipient pre-workfare, under Giuliani, 97% of decisions would be in favor of NYC HRA. This eventually resulted in a class action suit which changed everything. Now, many bogus decisions NYC HRA sanctions are overturned by the judge.

People keep saying NYC's welfare system is the "best" in the country. I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. I think it's the WORST.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:18 PM

402 posts, read 811,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
When workfare first got started under Giuliani he banned all welfare recipients from any type of schooling. Everybody was forced to work 7 hours a day, 5 days a week as porters, street sweepers, etc. It changed in 2001. No one knows why, but it's "rumored" that civil rights attorneys took NYC to court and found that what was being done was legalized slave labor.

Guiliani was taken to court numerous times for forcing victims of domestic violence to work, when they were not mentally ready to do so. The city was also taken to court for not doing anything about women being constantly sexually harassed or threatened by their male supervisors on the job site of being reported for insubordination of they didn't submit to their sexual demands. Giuliani didn't care. Also, even the Fair Hearings were corrupted. Whereas, 97% of Fair Hearing would be overturned in favor of the recipient, under Giuliani, 97% of decisions would be in favor of NYC HRA. This eventually resulted in a class action suit which changed everything.

People keep saying NYC's welfare system is the "best" in the country. I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. I think it's the WORST.
WAH WAH!! Beggers cant be choosers, tell those bums to get some self respect! what a disgrace!!! a bunch of sluts and castrated men who cant even pay their weigh. LOSERS!

Old 09-27-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
WAH WAH!! Beggers cant be choosers, tell those bums to get some self respect! what a disgrace!!! a bunch of sluts and castrated men who cant even pay their weigh. LOSERS!
Um, in the context of your sentence it's spelled "w-a-y".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City