Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:12 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
The problem is that if people don't sign up for health care and remain uninsured, they go to the ER anyway and when they do, it ends up raising hospital costs by lowering the revenue hospitals need, .....
And what happens to hospitals that don't have enough revenue to cover their expenses? They get closed.

This is why, anyone who has been to the ER lately, all the services have been insourced and now one gets around six different bills related to that one ER visit. And if you skip out on the bill, six different collection agencies come after you. And also thanks now to computers, they no longer get written off. They get archived and your credit report shows it. Thus when sometime in the future when you go for a loan, it pops up as an unpaid debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 10:58 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
Obamacare is a monumental cluster F. This is the last thing our faltering economy needs.
The new mountain of federal regulations it imposes on healthcare is couterproductive.
As a practicing doctor, it makes me wish I was stupider and didn't study so hard, so I could have gone to dental school instead of medical school.

And the best part... the friggin IRS is in charge of enforcing this abomination of a law.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Obamacare is a monumental cluster F. This is the last thing our faltering economy needs.
The new mountain of federal regulations it imposes on healthcare is couterproductive.
As a practicing doctor, it makes me wish I was stupider and didn't study so hard, so I could have gone to dental school instead of medical school.

And the best part... the friggin IRS is in charge of enforcing this abomination of a law.
The thing is, it's a cluster f*ck by design. It's meant to fail so the powers that be can say "we tried, we really tried" and then they can usher in what they really want which is pure single payer socialized healthcare. I'm surprised more people don't realize this. As an aside, it was promised not be a tax, they swore up and down not a tax. Then when the supreme court says well it can only be implemented if it's a tax, all of a sudden yes its a tax!!! LOL how the left never holds it's own accountable is amazing.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:18 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Well if they're not even citizens they shouldn't be receiving health care anyway, in any form.
Sorry, it hasn't been that way for ages. No public hospital can ever turn away a patient from the ER, even if he is a non-citizen, uninusred, or indigent. Private hospitals can never turn away an indigent patient in a life-threatening situation. But they do have the option IIRC of turning away non-emergency visits by the uninsured or those who can't pay up front.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:49 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
The thing is, it's a cluster f*ck by design. It's meant to fail so the powers that be can say "we tried, we really tried" and then they can usher in what they really want which is pure single payer socialized healthcare. I'm surprised more people don't realize this. As an aside, it was promised not be a tax, they swore up and down not a tax. Then when the supreme court says well it can only be implemented if it's a tax, all of a sudden yes its a tax!!! LOL how the left never holds it's own accountable is amazing.
Believe me, doctors do realize the intent of Obamacare. It is to bankrupt the private system so that the government will socialize it into a single payer system. Medicaid for everyone. Find me any practicing doctor that actually supports Obamacare... you can't. The AMA sellouts which only represent less than 1% of all doctors support it, but thats it.

Private practices are already feeling the crunch. I left my private practice shortly after Obama care passed to join an academic center because small private groups can't compete with hospital systems. Ironically the group I left just got acquired by the hospital I joined.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:58 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,803,014 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
+100 and +100!

I also think the dysfunctionality you see among the Republican Party today is an intended desire of the people (Baucus, Pelosi, Reid, Obama) who were so behind this legislation to begin with.

The fact that basically one person, Chief Justice John Roberts, ended up being the reason (and therefore responsible) for upholding one law affecting more than 300,000,000 people proves that checks and balances works perfectly...when there is no corruption or political grandstanding. No system is perfect because humans aren't perfect, and I understand that, but the fact that the Supreme Court and the American court system in general legislates rather than interprets constitutionality is something that the American people have just become complacent with.

In other words, we have the dysfunctional government we deserve. And Obamacare is the ultimate fruit.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Believe me, doctors do realize the intent of Obamacare. It is to bankrupt the private system so that the government will socialize it into a single payer system. Medicaid for everyone. Find me any practicing doctor that actually supports Obamacare... you can't. The AMA sellouts which only represent less than 1% of all doctors support it, but thats it.

Private practices are already feeling the crunch. I left my private practice shortly after Obama care passed to join an academic center because small private groups can't compete with hospital systems. Ironically the group I left just got acquired by the hospital I joined.
Are you finding that doctors from all sides of the political spectrum are against it?. The ones I talk to range from liberals to conservatives and they realize what a disaster this is. Not just financially but patient care will suffer immensely. This comes from people in practice like you that know what they are talking about. Not the average idiot "hey free healthcare woohoo".... nothing is free people...

Old 09-25-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
+100 and +100!

I also think the dysfunctionality you see among the Republican Party today is an intended desire of the people (Baucus, Pelosi, Reid, Obama) who were so behind this legislation to begin with.

The fact that basically one person, Chief Justice John Roberts, ended up being the reason (and therefore responsible) for upholding one law affecting more than 300,000,000 people proves that checks and balances works perfectly...when there is no corruption or political grandstanding. No system is perfect because humans aren't perfect, and I understand that, but the fact that the Supreme Court and the American court system in general legislates rather than interprets constitutionality is something that the American people have just become complacent with.

In other words, we have the dysfunctional government we deserve. And Obamacare is the ultimate fruit.
Yes indeed, complacency at it's finest. New book out, The Liberty Amendments, gives us a blueprint into what can be done Constitutionally to fix this problem. Our forefathers gave us the ability to fix this and we must...

Old 09-25-2013, 12:34 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Certain things cannot be denied. Doctors have ethics.

Thanks for a great laugh!!!! "Doctors have ethics"???? No.... MONEY first, patients second.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:44 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Thanks for a great laugh!!!! "Doctors have ethics"???? No.... MONEY first, patients second.
You are suppose to also make a comment that they are on the golf course too.

Clearly you are of a lower, uneducated class that do not understand the education and dedication it takes to go into medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City