Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 10:56 PM

78 posts, read 274,914 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone else who LOVE the amazing climate ot New York City area? We have lots of sunshine year-round, hot summers, amazing spring and autumn, moderate snow and rainfall. I just love it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 03:34 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Probably one of the reasons, other than a great harbor, that NYC became popular. Although, as you get older the winters feel less moderate.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:40 AM

4 posts, read 4,447 times
What is the tep there now? And would u give more explanation about the weather how its in summer and winter...

I wont tell about the weather here in Kuwait, trust me u will not believe

Old 09-29-2013, 03:42 AM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
My favorite in the country. I've traveled all over and have lived in 4 states, completely hate NY for other reasons, but our climate is the best.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:50 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
I like the climate, being from Cleveland I am used to every season being super extreme. The winters are VERY VERY cold. Fall is about 3 days, as is spring and summer is as hot as the sun. I am loving this fall weather and I think it transitions nicely into winter.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 AM

78 posts, read 274,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoom View Post
What is the tep there now? And would u give more explanation about the weather how its in summer and winter...

I wont tell about the weather here in Kuwait, trust me u will not believe

23 - 28 Celsius sunny.... Down to low teens at night.
Kuwait is tropical

Old 09-29-2013, 09:12 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashaly View Post
Is there anyone else who LOVE the amazing climate ot New York City area? We have lots of sunshine year-round, hot summers, amazing spring and autumn, moderate snow and rainfall. I just love it....
The snow is not always moderate.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:41 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The snow is not always moderate.
Nor is the humidity in the summer - especially when down in the station waiting for a subway - ICK!

But yeah, basically you cannot beat our Spring and Fall. I never get why tourists want to come here in the Summer. It's too darn hot and sticky. Right now the crispness hasn't even entered the equation. The sun is so beautiful and strong and the air is so cool and fresh. As I said, Spring is the same.

Chava61, I don't know - I've found the snowfall in the winters to be a good bit less than I remember it is a kid, teen, etc. I DO find it more bitingly cold for several weeks - but overall I've been finding the winters to be growing more mild. Give or take the occasional blizzard!

I agree with a lot of you. Whenever I've lived away from NY for an extended period of time, I have really missed the weather. There is something to be said for experiencing the true length of each of the four seasons and the special attributes of each of them.

Enjoy the weather today folks - it is BEAUTIFUL out. Currently 64 degrees F, sunshine, blue sky and going only up to 70 today. Down to 54 degrees F in the overnight. Perfect for sleeping!

Old 09-29-2013, 12:39 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Nor is the humidity in the summer - especially when down in the station waiting for a subway - ICK!

But yeah, basically you cannot beat our Spring and Fall. I never get why tourists want to come here in the Summer. It's too darn hot and sticky. Right now the crispness hasn't even entered the equation. The sun is so beautiful and strong and the air is so cool and fresh. As I said, Spring is the same.

Chava61, I don't know - I've found the snowfall in the winters to be a good bit less than I remember it is a kid, teen, etc. I DO find it more bitingly cold for several weeks - but overall I've been finding the winters to be growing more mild. Give or take the occasional blizzard!

I agree with a lot of you. Whenever I've lived away from NY for an extended period of time, I have really missed the weather. There is something to be said for experiencing the true length of each of the four seasons and the special attributes of each of them.

Enjoy the weather today folks - it is BEAUTIFUL out. Currently 64 degrees F, sunshine, blue sky and going only up to 70 today. Down to 54 degrees F in the overnight. Perfect for sleeping!
I agree that the spring and fall in NYC are really great. But it gets too cold in the winter and too humid in the summer.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:05 PM

34,093 posts, read 47,293,896 times
I like 4 distinct seasons. I don't mind the humid summer or the snow and freezing cold. It's actually nice that we get relief by having 4 distinct seasons.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City