Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 PM

448 posts, read 685,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeffrey View Post
I did bring up the race angle to make the point if a group of white bikers harassed a black family in a SUV, the media would be talking about a hate crime. In this story, the media hasn't even mentioned they are black. I actually thought they were white at first.
They're Spanish

Old 10-02-2013, 12:43 PM

342 posts, read 803,262 times
We have an annual ride out here, a lot bigger in size than that in NYC and I have never seen bikers act so unpeaceful. The rode the sidewalks, 4 wheelers (illegal on the street), managed to stop traffic (think funeral processions) and create their own lanes, no less in one of the most populated city in US. Imagine if there were cars that need to go fast because of family emergency, or even an ambulance that needs a right of way. I hope they ride again, but in a peaceful manner.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:46 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
I was not a fan of Giuliani especially his second term, but I'd like to see what he would have done if he was mayor and this happened. Bloomberg seems to have an opinion on everything, his silence here is deafening.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:50 PM

8,693 posts, read 11,081,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
We have an annual ride out here, a lot bigger in size than that in NYC and I have never seen bikers act so unpeaceful. The rode the sidewalks, 4 wheelers (illegal on the street), managed to stop traffic (think funeral processions) and create their own lanes, no less in one of the most populated city in US. Imagine if there were cars that need to go fast because of family emergency, or even an ambulance that needs a right of way. I hope they ride again, but in a peaceful manner.
I will assume NYPD will be thinking hard to prevent any gathering in the future. NYPD is aware...after last year's complaint...seems like they didn't do anything about it this year around. I am not sure why NYPD would think its a risk to civilians...now some people get hurt...its a ugly lesson which could have been avoided.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/02/ny...=nyregion&_r=0

What Should You Do When A Violent Motorcycle Mob Surrounds Your Car?: Gothamist

"We had over 200 calls just on Sunday about this particular group operating in a reckless manner,” Mr. Kelly said. "

Reckless dirt bike and motorcycle riders are a frequent problem in New York City, and the NYPD seems powerless to do anything about. One law-enforcement source tells the Post that officers have been ordered not to chase after large biker groups, because of the risk to civilians.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:54 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
So according to NYPD, the tire slashing and window busting didnt happen until AFTER he ran over the guy, and kept going.

He deserved that beatdown.
http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a...ee&ec_rate=230

According to this picture, the tires are gone. GONE. That means they slashed the tires before he even moved. Tires don't just disappear like this. They got slashed before he started driving. Driving on them meant he would obliterate the rest of the rubber.

They started the encounter. They escalated the encounter by slashing his tires & threatening him before he had a chance to do anything at all, such as obtain insurance information.

It's their fault, they hold responsibility for it 100% & they are liable for everything.

End of story.

Quote:
Meh, its whats I heard directly from a cops mouth. Maybe the exact story will be told some day.
The exact story is plain as day on the Internet. Are you kidding me?

Old 10-02-2013, 12:55 PM

206 posts, read 223,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I apologize for misreading your intent. I thought your post was simply to illustrate that race was NOT being made an issue. I did not realize you were upset that it was being overlooked. My sincere apology.
I'm not upset, I thought it was amusing and hypocritical and demonstrates the agenda of the media. I like exposing this kind of thing.

You keep being smarmy now.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:56 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
To me the biggest shock and embarrassment of the entire story is the lack of NYPD presence.

Like I said in an earlier post, if Al Queda wants to cause problems, just hop on some motorcycles, NYPD will ignore you.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a...ee&ec_rate=230

According to this picture, the tires are gone. GONE. That means they slashed the tires before he even moved. Tires don't just disappear like this. They got slashed before he started driving. Driving on them meant he would obliterate the rest of the rubber.

They started the encounter. They escalated the encounter by slashing his tires & threatening him before he had a chance to do anything at all, such as obtain insurance information.

It's their fault, they hold responsibility for it 100% & they are liable for everything.

End of story.

The exact story is plain as day on the Internet. Are you kidding me?
How did he make it so far with slashed tires? I thought this was like an 1 hour chase or something.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
They're Spanish
I think you mean Hispanic. You aren't Spanish unless you live in Spain.

I think some of them were black , some Hispanic. I think the one who braked in front of the SUV was black, the paralyzed guy is Hispanic.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 PM

448 posts, read 685,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeffrey View Post
I think you mean Hispanic. You aren't Spanish unless you live in Spain.

I think some of them were black , some Hispanic. I think the one who braked in front of the SUV was black, the paralyzed guy is Hispanic.
They were all hispanic. Did you base that on skin color? Because there are dark hispanics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City