Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 02:15 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,216,849 times

Advertisements

All I feel like doing is backing into a large bag stop on a one way street and load up, blocking Marilyn with my garbage truck as she honks incessantly, late for an appointment. I wanna see her mad!

Old 10-06-2013, 02:19 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,987,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
All I feel like doing is backing into a large bag stop on a one way street and load up, blocking Marilyn with my garbage truck as she honks incessantly, late for an appointment. I wanna see her mad!
You are so bad. Lol!

Old 10-06-2013, 02:20 PM

3,841 posts, read 4,492,771 times
Still wondering if Bikers have a code against harming children and if a Baby on Board sign would have been a deterrent.

Baby on Board - YouTube

Old 10-06-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Um, my statement on the paralyzed guy had nothing do with you. I dont care what you think about him. By the way, there would be even a better chance if the dude would not have been run over, if he was not on his bike in the first place, because he was not licensed and had it revoked. If that is true, then this tells me he was not fit to be operating a motorcycle in the first place.
Yeah, everything you said could be correct, but the fact that NYPD was NOWHERE around to help prevent some of this shows huge incompetence (or fear) on their part.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:36 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,026,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Still wondering if Bikers have a code against harming children and if a Baby on Board sign would have been a deterrent.

Baby on Board - YouTube
Of course they don't. They saw the baby in the SUV after they dragged the dad out and started beating him. They had the back door open, saw the woman and the baby and STILL went after the woman. This is in the witness accounts of the good samaritan, Sergio Consuegro. He reported something along the lines of all the bystanders saying "No, not the lady!" when they started to go after her to attack her. Google it.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:38 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,026,177 times
There's an interesting timeline of when 911 was called in this article:

Behind the Biker Chase on the West Side Highway - WSJ.com

Excerpts:

It was there [West Side Highway, before the fender bender] that Mr. Lien encountered the bikers. He tried to call 911 to report they were driving erratically, but the call didn't go through, officials said.

The bikers chased Mr. Lien's car. Police received their first 911 call from Ms. Ng at 1:52 p.m. near 165th Street, Mr. McCarthy said, where Mr. Lien was again stopped on the road. The video shows a biker in a white helmet—allegedly Robert Sims, 35, who turned himself in to officials on Friday, police said—rush up to the Range Rover and pull open the driver's side door. Mr. Lien accelerated away, swinging the door closed

Soon after, 911 dispatchers received another call from Ms. Ng, then another, at 1:55 p.m., saying the SUV was stopped at 178th St. near Wadsworth Avenue in Washington Heights. The tires had gone flat.

Ms. Ng called 911 a final time at 2 p.m. from 178th St. and St. Nicholas Ave. The bikers were gone. Police arrived while she was talking to a dispatcher. An ambulance arrived two minutes later, Mr. McCarthy said.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
There's an interesting timeline of when 911 was called in this article:

Behind the Biker Chase on the West Side Highway - WSJ.com

Excerpts:

It was there [West Side Highway, before the fender bender] that Mr. Lien encountered the bikers. He tried to call 911 to report they were driving erratically, but the call didn't go through, officials said.

The bikers chased Mr. Lien's car. Police received their first 911 call from Ms. Ng at 1:52 p.m. near 165th Street, Mr. McCarthy said, where Mr. Lien was again stopped on the road. The video shows a biker in a white helmet—allegedly Robert Sims, 35, who turned himself in to officials on Friday, police said—rush up to the Range Rover and pull open the driver's side door. Mr. Lien accelerated away, swinging the door closed

Soon after, 911 dispatchers received another call from Ms. Ng, then another, at 1:55 p.m., saying the SUV was stopped at 178th St. near Wadsworth Avenue in Washington Heights. The tires had gone flat.

Ms. Ng called 911 a final time at 2 p.m. from 178th St. and St. Nicholas Ave. The bikers were gone. Police arrived while she was talking to a dispatcher. An ambulance arrived two minutes later, Mr. McCarthy said.
Thanks for posting this Henna. I'm shaking my head in complete amazement.

It seems the police WAITED until all of the bikers (which seemed to be about 40 or so) disbursed BEFORE arriving to help.

Hmmm, not gonna call NYPD cowards, but um, how convenient.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:20 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,356,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Yeah, everything you said could be correct, but the fact that NYPD was NOWHERE around to help prevent some of this shows huge incompetence (or fear) on their part.
Eh, speculation at best. Heck, if we're speculating you could argue that the NYPD was around, because they had to deploy resources to police the bikers participating in the Hollywood Block Party, which was an illegal gathering with a history in 2012 of riders breaking traffic laws and harrassing pedestrians. Had the block party got the legal permit, maybe the additional cops weren't needed, and maybe they could have been closer to Lien's chase.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:28 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,642,609 times
Look at the bright side, there will be no more biker block party. All dirt bike riders will be presumed guilty in public eye.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:35 PM

500 posts, read 567,929 times
My suggestion for Mieses (not that he's going to read this) would be that he sue Cruz, the guy who created the initial collision that precipitated the other events. If he really wasn't participating as his family claims, he should show some decency by not defending what was clearly criminal behavior. No one's going to take him seriously if he defends thugs. His family also said he personally knew only one of the other bikers so it's not like he should feel disloyal by going against them as they weren't his friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.