Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 09:45 PM

8,078 posts, read 6,678,956 times

Advertisements

YoungLove 21, look at the end of the video. These animals attacked this man, smashing his window with his wife and child in the car. I doubt that just prior to the 50 second mark they were just having a friendly meet and greet!

Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 PM

448 posts, read 683,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corso1834 View Post
YoungLove 21, look at the end of the video. These animals attacked this man, smashing his window with his wife and child in the car. I doubt that just prior to the 50 second mark they were just having a friendly meet and greet!
.........................for running over their friends. Seems like he ran over atleast 5 dudes. If he had an argument with 1 person, I don't understand the purpose in mowing down the 5 that did nothing to you.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 PM

Look up "acting in concert" and "self defense".

Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 PM

448 posts, read 683,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corso1834 View Post
Look up "acting in concert" and "self defense".
So if i'm arguing with someone, and in my act of self defense, I run over your wife and kids.......................its ok?

Old 09-30-2013, 10:07 PM

414 posts, read 535,280 times
DF
where was the police, this went on for so long and they are nowhere to be seen

Old 09-30-2013, 10:09 PM

So if I am trying to beat your husband to death with my helmet for bumping my bike .................it`s ok?

Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,011,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
Um this was no fender bender. He purposely ran over a couple of dudes and their bikes. Literally ran over them.

Skip to the 50 second mark

Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC (Original) HD - YouTube
If he "literally ran over a couple of dudes" then where are their injuries? I only heard of one who had a broken leg. He gunned the engine AFTER the angry mob began to attack his SUV with his wife and young child inside. They were attacking him because he had the nerve to bang into the stupid jerk biker who cut in front of him and then deliberately stopped short. His fleeing the angry mob and breaking one guy's leg in the process was completely justifiable. If he hadn't, his family might have been seriously harmed or killed.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
So if i'm arguing with someone, and in my act of self defense, I run over your wife and kids.......................its ok?
Change it to:

So if I'm in my car and a group of angry men begins to attack my vehicle, and in the act of trying to get away from them, I run over the bike of one of the men in the angry mob and break one guy's leg, it's ok?

YES, IT'S OK.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:18 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,767,868 times
People always seem to forget that car > bike, and a car can be a formidable weapon if one has the resolve to use it as such. If I am driving along and a pack of bikers surrounds me and intentionally causes a collision, then I am not stopping for them. Let the cops come arrest me for failing to stop. I want the cops to come. If they want to attack my car (especially with my family inside), then you can bet I'd be knocking them down like bowling pins.

1. The guy never should have stopped.

2. Once stopped, he was correct to drive off as he did.

3. He should have locked his effin' door.

4. If a pack of bikers is pursuing, he should not have worried about traffic laws. Red light? So what? Unless someone is coming, you drive through it. Stop sign? Same thing.

5. Stopped by traffic and surrounded? Your car goes in more than one direction, and unless and until it is disabled by mechanical failure, it should continue moving until you reach a safe place. A police station might be the place to go.

6. Got On Star? Hit the little button and tell the operator that a pack of bikers is chasing you and you would appreciate it if they monitored your location and dispatched the police.

IMHO, the SUV driver lacked street smarts in a big way.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
People always seem to forget that car > bike, and a car can be a formidable weapon if one has the resolve to use it as such. If I am driving along and a pack of bikers surrounds me and intentionally causes a collision, then I am not stopping for them. Let the cops come arrest me for failing to stop. I want the cops to come. If they want to attack my car (especially with my family inside), then you can bet I'd be knocking them down like bowling pins.

1. The guy never should have stopped.

2. Once stopped, he was correct to drive off as he did.

3. He should have locked his effin' door.

4. If a pack of bikers is pursuing, he should not have worried about traffic laws. Red light? So what? Unless someone is coming, you drive through it. Stop sign? Same thing.

5. Stopped by traffic and surrounded? Your car goes in more than one direction, and unless and until it is disabled by mechanical failure, it should continue moving until you reach a safe place. A police station might be the place to go.

6. Got On Star? Hit the little button and tell the operator that a pack of bikers is chasing you and you would appreciate it if they monitored your location and dispatched the police.

IMHO, the SUV driver lacked street smarts in a big way.
Excellent post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City