U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:17 PM

139 posts, read 65,013 times
Default NY Marketplace - Affordable Health Care Act

Hello,

Since the ACA went into effect today, and NYC has its own Marketplace, has New Yorker been able to access the Marketplace? I have not been able to since too many people are trying to access it.

I am cautiously optimistic, and I am curious of what I'll find when I can finally login.

If you were able to login, what was your experience? Did you find better plans than what you currently have?

Please, the purpose of this topic is not to discuss whether the ACA is/was a good choice or if Obama is a good or bad president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 06:30 AM

It's been four days, and I still cannot get access due to high volume requests. Has anybody been able to get in and check this out?

Old 10-04-2013, 06:33 AM

451 posts, read 235,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
It's been four days, and I still cannot get access due to high volume requests. Has anybody been able to get in and check this out?
I was able to register and activate my account the first day. I was able to login but I haven't tried to sign up for a plan. Do you have an ID on the site?

Old 10-04-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I was able to register and activate my account the first day. I was able to login but I haven't tried to sign up for a plan. Do you have an ID on the site?
I do have an ID, and was able to login and get to complete about 20% of the application. My next step is to complete the income section, which will determine my eligibility for the plans. I have not been able to get to that point.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:10 AM

451 posts, read 235,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I do have an ID, and was able to login and get to complete about 20% of the application. My next step is to complete the income section, which will determine my eligibility for the plans. I have not been able to get to that point.
I haven't tried this, but is it possible to go to the websites of the various insurance companies directly and look at/sign up for their plans there instead of the state website? Here's a list of the approved plans in NY:

http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/do...ranceRates.pdf

Old 10-04-2013, 05:45 PM

10,515 posts, read 8,876,334 times
I am for Universal Health Care but this first approximation magilla is a MESS.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:18 PM

286 posts, read 156,392 times
Haha silly sheep. This will be the healthcare version of the DMV. Take a number and wait your turn, the fun is about to begin...

Old 10-04-2013, 10:46 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,014,040 times
I think I'm telling the government to take my social security money I paid for and use it for health care. I know I'm not getting that money returned to me so they should return it in a way I will get the value back.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:35 AM

1,271 posts, read 679,497 times
i like how celebrities are telling everyone to #Getcovered. I highly doubt that anyone of them would leave their current health insurance for Obama Care. LOL. "Do as i say not as i do"

Old 10-06-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I haven't tried this, but is it possible to go to the websites of the various insurance companies directly and look at/sign up for their plans there instead of the state website? Here's a list of the approved plans in NY:

http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/do...ranceRates.pdf
Thank for the link.

I am still not able to get in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City