Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM

14 posts, read 42,762 times

Advertisements

Overtime and bonuses are also projected to estimate current annual income. HPD will use the highest income from all tests.

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 11:24 AM

25,345 posts, read 36,873,455 times
Any illegal immigrants here won an 80/20 "lottery?" Stand up and be counted.

Those of us who have ever applied for any of these apartments are having a REALLY good belly-laugh right about now.

Wait........ I think there are apartments opening up in the Frick Mansion that are EXCLUSIVELY for illegal immigrants. Quick Manuelito, RUN!

Old 10-20-2013, 11:48 AM

29 posts, read 77,488 times
A raise cannot be projected, but a bonus can be. If you received a bonus in the prior year, they will assume a similar bonus.

You would need to provide a letter from your employer indicating that you will not be receiving a bonus in the current year.

Further, you can appeal the initial determination, but you will only have a few days to provide additional documentation to overturn the determination.

If anyone needs assistance with an Over Income determination from a Public Subsidized development in NYC,
PM me for more details and have the Advertisement with you.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:59 AM

25,345 posts, read 36,873,455 times
In fact, most require only PAST and current earnings...not future wish fulfillment.
These developers are not idiots, nor is the law idiotic.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,109 times
Default seems unfair/suspicious- what complex are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrih329 View Post
Hello everyone, just wanted to share a story and see if there is anyone out there that can help.

I won the lottery for one of HPD affordable Housing unit, I was really excited had all my paperwork ready for the interview and was good to go. I get to the interview and give all my paperwork knowing that I fit into their income guidelines that they posted on line. The interviewer came back into the room and said that they do four different calculations for income, I was approved on 3 but because of the fourth my application for that building is being denied. The fourth source that they used is they made an assumption that I will get a raise and bonus next year so rhey had to calculate that. And once they added my next year's invisible raise they found that my income exceeds their guidelines. I was devastated because I just feel like they tried to find anyway they can to make me ineligible. Does anyone know what can I do about this???
this seems unfair, no, actually suspicious- what complex are you talking about? Please advise if you feel comfortable doing so. thanks

Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,939 times
How about this.....
Going on into 5 months prior to get a call that ur stubs are out dated but one of the adults doesn't have the same job as before and now works at a place receiving a lot less and only received one check at the end of the year due to when they got hired (late in the year) now u need to bring that one stub and a job letter to have your income recalculated

Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 PM

343 posts, read 1,089,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrih329 View Post
Hello everyone, just wanted to share a story and see if there is anyone out there that can help.

I won the lottery for one of HPD affordable Housing unit, I was really excited had all my paperwork ready for the interview and was good to go. I get to the interview and give all my paperwork knowing that I fit into their income guidelines that they posted on line. The interviewer came back into the room and said that they do four different calculations for income, I was approved on 3 but because of the fourth my application for that building is being denied. The fourth source that they used is they made an assumption that I will get a raise and bonus next year so rhey had to calculate that. And once they added my next year's invisible raise they found that my income exceeds their guidelines. I was devastated because I just feel like they tried to find anyway they can to make me ineligible. Does anyone know what can I do about this???
that sounds really odd.
as far as i've read, they do 3 income calculations (6 pay stubs average, tax return income, income for the current year based on YTD earnings so far) then take the highest. If you are talking about the 66 Rockwell lottery..this was not handled by HPD, and i'm not sure if HFA follows the same methods to a T, but HPD gave an example saying: if a person made $30,000 in 2012, $32,000 in 2013 they can only assume they will make $34,000 in 2014, and thus will be over the limit; they are looking at patterns. As far as I know, they cannot just make up numbers and scenarios. For example, they can determine my income for the rest of 2014, because i already have YTD earnings for 2014 so far. They cannot just assume what my 2015 income will be, thats ridiculous. If that were the case, they could just disqualify everyone based on the logic that anyone could go from being lets say a janitor making $22,000 - to a manager making $50,000.
The only thing I can think of, is that based on your pay stubs and tax returns, there must have been a pattern of you receiving a certain raise, bonus or overtime amount and they do state that they have to include all bonuses, and take the highest amount of the different income calculations. Also, you have to be approved by the developer AND the city. I couldn't find much info on 66 Rockwell's developer (Dermot Management) which seems very odd to me. But I guess these developers can make up their own rules because doing 4 income calculations, and you qualifying for only 3, doesn't make sense at all. Keep in mind, that if this was the developer's ploy to keep applicants at bay, you may not want to live in their development, because what would they be like as management? Could be a pain in the a$$

Either way i hope it works out for you

Old 01-04-2014, 09:12 PM

16 posts, read 32,014 times
Hi Sherrih329,

Once I was denied because of that too, my last two or three paystubs had overtime hours so my check was bigger for that month; Something that never happened again, but they determined that if I was going to do more overtime the following year I would exceed the requirements; and that was that. probably 4 years ago! It's very hard to qualify, they find a way. the overtime was not more than $1000 per year - by there calculations.
best of luck!

Old 02-09-2014, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 7,592 times
I live in a shelter and I was sent on an HPD interview for Cypress Village. I submitted all necessary paper work. I have not heard anything yet. But I checked my NYCHA account on line and it says my application was closed. I was on the waiting for an apartment. It states that I told the development I was no longer interested in the apartment, which I never did. Does that mean that I was approved for the apartment and HPD canceled my NYCHA????

Old 02-09-2014, 07:05 PM

40 posts, read 111,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymelle83 View Post
I live in a shelter and I was sent on an HPD interview for Cypress Village. I submitted all necessary paper work. I have not heard anything yet. But I checked my NYCHA account on line and it says my application was closed. I was on the waiting for an apartment. It states that I told the development I was no longer interested in the apartment, which I never did. Does that mean that I was approved for the apartment and HPD canceled my NYCHA????

Can anyone apply for NYCHA online? And whats the website?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery