Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 3,645 times

Advertisements

Hi ,

I will try try to describe my needs, sorry if it is complicated and sorry for my English:

* Period of time that i am looking for - for 1-2 months each time when i will "jump" to Manhattan.

* Location - first priority to Manhattan and Jersey city from Newark till the Hudson ( like Newport) , and then the other territories around Manhattan Brooklyn Queens etc, with easy approach to Manhattan.

* i am looking for luxury studio apartment that can be extremely small, even don't need a kitchen.

For illustrate , I can say that what i actually need is like a regular 4-5 stars hotel room apartment, very hygienic , maybe in some luxury tower.

First can you focus me on what to search , of course i am Googling a lot but it was hard to find, or maybe some RE brokerage agency.

- Can someone give a clue of a price for this need?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 04:44 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
I'll start, and then maybe someone else can give you more specific information.
-Any apartment you rent will have a kitchen. Otherwise, you can have a hotel room.
-Most apartments will not rent for such a short period. For a luxury apartment like that, especially since you're a stranger, you should probably use a broker. Start by looking at advertisements in the New York Times. Most will not be for short periods, but it will give you some names of brokers who deal with luxury apartments.
-If you want to choose a 4-5 star hotel, then just buy one or two guidebooks, and they will list hotels.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:55 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
This article should help you. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/re...ment.html?_r=0

It lists price ranges for what you are looking for, and also some companies that deal with this kind of thing.

One company, AKA, has four properties in New York City — near Central Park, Sutton Place, Times Square and the United Nations — offering studios and one- and two-bedroom apartments with full kitchens and concierge services for around $10,000 per month.

Other extended-stay options in New York City are Churchill Corporate Housing, which also has apartments in New Jersey for less than $5,000 a month, and Sutton Court at 57th Street and First Avenue in Manhattan, where monthly prices range from $5,800 to $6,500.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,724,255 times
It sounds like you want to sublet an apartment?

You can do craigslist or sublet.com for that. Then they can be furnished apartments that you stay in for the 1-2 months and you won't have to move your stuff either. just a suitcase full of clothes!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnayyy View Post
It sounds like you want to sublet an apartment?

You can do craigslist or sublet.com for that. Then they can be furnished apartments that you stay in for the 1-2 months and you won't have to move your stuff either. just a suitcase full of clothes!

Sorry, but in my opinion, no one in their right mind would sublet to a foreigner for 1-2 months.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 AM

2,498 posts, read 3,774,156 times
A few buildings new/old don't have full kitchens only a mini fridge no oven but 2 burners.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:47 AM

5 posts, read 6,592 times
Hello,

Just I enter the city-data community.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:37 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,724,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sorry, but in my opinion, no one in their right mind would sublet to a foreigner for 1-2 months.
I'm sure a foreigner would rent to a foreigner.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:23 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanBell View Post
Check out Manhattan Extended Stay Budget Hotel – HotelAlexanderNYC.com for further details. As it offers students housing with no brokers fees, no security deposits.

I am not sure student housing qualifies as luxury housing as requested by the OP-- even though based
on the checks I sent to NYU for my daughter many years ago I don't see why not

Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 AM

3 posts, read 3,645 times
Thanks to everyone, i checked and will check all the options.
surprisingly Hotel Alexander looks not bad at all , if the photos in their website are 100% real.
if someone knows about other hotel like this i will be happy to know.
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City