Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,722,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
That might be true, but you feel a lot more disgusting getting sneezed on all over your face. It's like
getting your face raped.
At least in this case the rape was more of a tripped and fell and then raped you as the person at least tried to cover it up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 AM

500 posts, read 571,364 times
That's gross. I would of been pissed.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:16 AM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
I think it's reasonable to reprimand people whether they're sneezing directly on you or not. On the other hand, I remember complaining to a mother in a gourmet food shop about her child whose sneeze was right on the level of the food counter, and instead of being apologetic, she was annoyed with me. Which is why we all should chime in.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:50 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,514 times
I was on a crowded downtown six train a few days ago and a guy (mayble homeless, vagrant, or on the verge of it anyways) wedged his way into a small space (sitting). While the door is closed and we're just sitting there, he let go of an obnoxious noise from his lower region. You figure it out. I also had a few choice words in a very crowded subway.

One can't avoid sneezing. What this guy did is just b/c he is an animal with no type of respect.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:54 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Was an accident, as he covered his nose and mouth but it wasn't enough. Got showered anyway a bit. I was livid and had a few choice words for him, none of them pleasant I hate to say. A heads up for the coming flu season : Maybe standing is a better plan. I was one stop away and went to the store and bought a bottle of alcohol and gave myself a a good splashing right there in the street. Only thing I can do. See if I get sick in the next few days. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

If you knew it was an accident why did you "have a few choice words for him"?
Pretty childish response in my opinion.
If you breathed in any of the air products that splashing of alcohol is not going to do you any good
unless you splashed the inside of your nose and lungs as well.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
I had that happen to be a few years ago. They sneezed on my arm/hands. I didn't touch anything and when I got off the train went straight to a restaurant and used there restroom to scrub my hands and arm off.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 AM

390 posts, read 940,577 times
People are always sneezing / coughing next to one another on a crowded subway train without covering their mouth. If you don't stand up to them, they'll just keep doing it.

Don't automatically pick a fight with them, but give them a stern, menacing look and voice your displeasure.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:23 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times
Id wager a bet that the same people who are so prissy about germs are the same ones that never get the flu vaccine.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:41 AM

302 posts, read 368,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Was an accident, as he covered his nose and mouth but it wasn't enough. Got showered anyway a bit. I was livid and had a few choice words for him, none of them pleasant I hate to say. A heads up for the coming flu season : Maybe standing is a better plan. I was one stop away and went to the store and bought a bottle of alcohol and gave myself a a good splashing right there in the street. Only thing I can do. See if I get sick in the next few days. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

yukk!! back in the day people did much worse , but I feel ya .

Would you rather have one of these lovely travel companions ?

subway lunatic - YouTube

Memorable Moment in NYC Subway - the Human Bee - YouTube

NYC MTA | Screaming Crazy Lady - YouTube

AND THE WINNER IS

Naked Guy Racist Violent Rant On NYC Subway - YouTube

Old 10-18-2013, 12:08 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
who knows? maybe you made him sneeze lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City