Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:00 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
You know... another funny thing. My daughter goes to a regular public high school. They have people posted at every single door in the building! You are not walking in or out of that door without some kind of explanation. If you're coming in, you have to have some kind of ID and a reason to be there. If you are a student trying to leave, you better have your ID and something showing you are permitted to leave for lunch (they're not allowed out for any other reason unless a parent/guardian is picking them up)

This is a regular school. Why don't they have this at a "special needs school"????????
When I did a kindergarten search for my kid we visited at least a dozen NYC schools. Every single one of them had MULTIPLE unguarded side doors where a kid could just bolt any time they wanted (if they were not supervised and so-inclined). And this is elementary school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 03:03 PM

52 posts, read 137,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I hope the kid's okay....but it's like 3 weeks now and he can't speak. How is he eating??
It's very unlikely that he's even breathing at this point, let alone eating. Just need to be realistic.

And yeah, the man power / government resources used to find this boy is a bit much. Kids probably get lost ALL THE TIME in NYC. I'm sure the parents of said kids are fuming that the same amount of resources weren't spent on their kid.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:05 PM

52 posts, read 137,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
You're just upset that its a BLACK, NON-WHITE autistic kid from the city and NOT a White, precious, Aryan, blue eyed, blonde hair, heavenly kid from the affluent suburbs that the media is focusing its attention on. I just sense this disgusting, seething racism from you and HOMEBOY (he hates the word) 30to66at55. It's disgusting really because if little Courtney McRally was lost, you wouldn't waste time putting it up this thread.
wish there was a dislike button for this ignorant post

Old 11-06-2013, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,241 times
Default Why Avonte? What About All the Rest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funlol View Post
... Just need to be realistic.

And yeah, the man power / government resources used to find this boy is a bit much. Kids probably get lost ALL THE TIME in NYC. I'm sure the parents of said kids are fuming that the same amount of resources weren't spent on their kid.
My feelings exactly. Every kid deserves this much manpower in his or her search. But every kid doesn't get it. I can't imagine how the parents of some of the other kids--some missing for years, some equally as impaired--feel seeing all this attention to one child. Attention and media hype that their child did NOT get. I blogged about it here, and got mixed reactions: Why Avonte? | only the jodi

Last edited by jshdoff; 11-06-2013 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: Fixing URL

Old 11-06-2013, 07:41 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
It's very unlikely that he's even breathing at this point, let alone eating. Just need to be realistic.

I think if he is not dead, some pervert has him and is doing god knows what awful things to him. Like forced prostitution.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:45 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
No, there's really not that many who aren't runaways. Here's the active list:
Missing & Endangered Children Alerts for New York issued by MissingKids.com

I'd put down decent odds they find Avonte alive

Old 11-14-2013, 09:17 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Just as with the Jewish child that went missing last year and subsequently discovered to have been kidnapped by a man in his neighborhood, think some one or persons locally took advantage that Avonte is "challenged" and have him some where.

We know from local NYC news at least once a week some new pervert is arrested or being sought for doing sick things to children/teens. Being as Avonte cannot speak he is the perfect target because he doesn't know what is happening to him nor how to stop it.

It has been nearly six weeks since this kid ran away from school and it is impossible for someone in his situation to just "vanish" into thin air. Even if he got on a subway or bus someone would have seen. It also didn't help this some kind of piece of school dropped so many balls in handling this from the get go.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:45 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,804 times
I haven't heard anything in the news lately about this case.. I actually was over in new rochelle yesterday and saw 2 of his posters when walking into the supermarket. So sad. -_-

Old 11-15-2013, 08:53 AM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
I haven't heard anything in the news lately about this case.. I actually was over in new rochelle yesterday and saw 2 of his posters when walking into the supermarket. So sad. -_-
There was something on at least one of the NYC 6PM and 11PM news shows (Channel 7?).

Basically the NYC DOE announced it was looking at procedures and will be making "changes" in light of Avonte's disappearance. They defend the security guard and the school's actions including the delay in contacting NYPD. Am sure if you "Google' "Avonte" something will come up.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:10 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,804 times
I did hear something last week in the AM with Greg & Rosanna - This week I've been so busy haven't watched my ch 7 news at 6.. I also saw the dad in the spanish news. I think last week as well. Time is going by so quick.. I think this will be a missing case person for a few years if they don't find him or they rule foul play. Tough times especially now with the holidays approaching. I always hope for the best you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City