Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 03:56 PM

18,888 posts, read 13,776,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You're 100% right about how the world at large not working like that. But keep in mind like the poster you're criticizing, there are old school New Yorkers who have barely left their ethnic neighborhoods that they identify with so much.
Lol. There you go assuming again. I spent my time IN 3rd world countries while you were learning about them in the halls of the Ivy League. Why I came back here I still am not sure because I having lived in 4 states other than NY and NJ, I can say that all were better suited to family life, freedom and enjoyment than this oppressive cesspool.

Rather than having never left, I unfortunately did and experienced the outside world of the rest of America. My mistake was returning to start a life here which now can't be easily abandoned.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
It is ok, it's your choice.
But please don't be fastidiously arrogant to the f*ing non-americans. They are humans too.
They can be humans without me and despite me.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:13 PM

268 posts, read 479,909 times
Hey... Did you guys hear that the Bronx isn't bad anymore?

Old 10-21-2013, 04:22 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,891,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Lol. There you go assuming again. I spent my time IN 3rd world countries while you were learning about them in the halls of the Ivy League.
As have we, just returned in fact. We also did the ivy league thing and I agree that our continued actual experience is vastly more productive. Quite a crystal ball this other self-proclaimed "ivy-leaguer" has, knows everything about everyone. Or is that ... nothing about anything. Yes, that's it. In any case.

About racial attacks. In fact, there have been others in Harlem, including a few weeks ago when, in mid-afternoon, a guy got on the M60 bus and punched a white guy (? I think it was a guy) in the face, breaking his nose and something else. While he did so he ranted about "crackers." I did not read about it but someone who was on the bus told me.

The race and neighborhoods thing ? Get over it. We "look like" everyone else around here, in a manner of speaking, attire and demeanor perhaps aside, but guess what. We cannot stand most of what goes on, many of the lifestyles, and certainly all of the anti-social behavior. Indeed, we have zero, ZERO, in common with a number of Harlem residents. Our black friends thought we were insane to move here, pointing out ghetto culture, litter, etc. Most of them live downtown or in Brooklyn and they would not consider even the "new" Harlem if it were free. Sadly, it is not, and the "post-racial America" transplants are buying things up at a ferocious clip. Sadly, they do not realize the fact - it is not about "race," but about culture, and culture is not going anywhere unless forced to do so. "Racism!" is truly the new opium of the people, and the financial industries grind on.

Regarding living in "diverse" areas. Wanting to live in an area populated by people of a similar social and economic class does not make someone a "racist," except from a viewpoint having no idea, none whatsoever, what "racism" actually means.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
^^^^^^
Racist post! Goes to show Black people can be racist to!
Why "racist" ? Why not just good old "stupid-ist" ?

Not that everyone from the midwest is stupid - not at all.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:42 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,993,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
As have we, just returned in fact. We also did the ivy league thing and I agree that our continued actual experience is vastly more productive. Quite a crystal ball this other self-proclaimed "ivy-leaguer" has, knows everything about everyone. Or is that ... nothing about anything. Yes, that's it. In any case.

About racial attacks. In fact, there have been others in Harlem, including a few weeks ago when, in mid-afternoon, a guy got on the M60 bus and punched a white guy (? I think it was a guy) in the face, breaking his nose and something else. While he did so he ranted about "crackers." I did not read about it but someone who was on the bus told me.

The race and neighborhoods thing ? Get over it. We "look like" everyone else around here, in a manner of speaking, attire and demeanor perhaps aside, but guess what. We cannot stand most of what goes on, many of the lifestyles, and certainly all of the anti-social behavior. Indeed, we have zero, ZERO, in common with a number of Harlem residents. Our black friends thought we were insane to move here, pointing out ghetto culture, litter, etc. Most of them live downtown or in Brooklyn and they would not consider even the "new" Harlem if it were free. Sadly, it is not, and the "post-racial America" transplants are buying things up at a ferocious clip. Sadly, they do not realize the fact - it is not about "race," but about culture, and culture is not going anywhere unless forced to do so. "Racism!" is truly the new opium of the people, and the financial industries grind on.

Regarding living in "diverse" areas. Wanting to live in an area populated by people of a similar social and economic class does not make someone a "racist," except from a viewpoint having no idea, none whatsoever, what "racism" actually means.

Why do you always sound like you have a stick stuck up your assets in your posts?

Old 10-21-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Why do you always sound like you have a stick stuck up your assets in your posts?
Anyone care to translate this ?
Won't prove difficult.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
I learned long ago that it is nearly impossible to understand the reality of the Third World unless you see it first hand. I'm currently trying convince my wife to spend some time at my friend's place in Kathmandu. He spends a few months there every year and invited me to stay with him. At least in the actual third world the people there understand and accept their situation and actively work to improve it (in some places at least). Impoverished Americans expect everyone else to fix the world for them.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I learned long ago that it is nearly impossible to understand the reality of the Third World unless you see it first hand. I'm currently trying convince my wife to spend some time at my friend's place in Kathmandu. He spends a few months there every year and invited me to stay with him. At least in the actual third world the people there understand and accept their situation and actively work to improve it (in some places at least). Impoverished Americans expect everyone else to fix the world for them.
Could not agree more. People have no idea, which does not make them less responsible. Broadly speaking, as a people, Americans are a narcissistic and beyond ignorant bunch. I pointed out something similar in a thread about "street harassment" of women here, granted that this does occur. I suggested that people might consider conditions for women in other countries, get over themselves here, in this absolutely first-world country, and try to help them.

A roar of PC protest ensued. In spite of the fact that most violence against women does not occur after street harassment - here, in any case.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:25 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,743,854 times
few things:

1. what care were those white people driving

2. where are the parents of these kids. I mean, they're kids. The parents are still responsible for these kids actions, and upbringing. Do you really think kids are born racists (both white and black and other races)? They're taught.

3. I'm glad (is this the word I want to use?) that the white guy didn't have a gun in his car and made this situation into something worst than it is.

4. Let me go back to the parents. These kids stole things. Isn't this cause by unequal distribution of wealth in the country? I mean, you can take a black kid who's the same age who grew up in a good neighborhood, with money to spend, would they have done this? Better yet, ask yourself if a white kid in that environment would of done the same thing these kids would have done to some unsuspecting black or white folks.

5. I think color of their skin is not only limiting people from seeing what the real issue is. This is really the entire race issue. It's 2013. We have a black president. The white man aren't oppressing the black, or any other race. However, bad parenting, and social in-equality remains, and always have been there.

6. Anybody in color who puts blame on other people have already lost. Cowards do that, and that's no way to advance and fight for your constitutionally right to pursue your happiness. If you honestly think President Obama became the president of the most powerful and wealthy nation in the world by blamed others and played the race card, then there is no hope for you.

7. I think this is a tragedy. But if you're a 30 year old man, and can't defend yourself or your GF against some rowdy kids, I think the problem is on this so called, "man". If I was in that situation, I would of pull their pants down and gave each one of them a spanking, and called their mama, so they can whup them at home at their leisure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City