Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 11:27 AM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
So, you're gonna tell me he has power over our lameduck big mouth Mayor and self-congratulating all the time police commissioner too???
The mayor and police commissioner are in the business of ensuring that ALL crime in downplayed. The three of them have the same interests regarding this situation.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:31 AM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
In my opinion, it is far more real estate development interests. Why didn't the mid-day attack on the M60 bus get major coverage ? And the other attacks in Harlem ? Because people have invested money in "luxury" housing and they do not want to compromise their potential market.

Someone told me that the "everyblock" site was closed down for that reason - too many people coming on and telling actual stories, things they saw, which discouraged potential renters and buyers and compromised plans. I had never used the site, no firm opinion - could have been other reasons, inefficiency ... ?

I suppose that Sharpton could be a part of these interests as well.
As with the commissioner and mayor, the real estate industry certainly benefits when the reality of street-level crime is hidden from the public. Especially outsiders looking to move to NYC.

But back to Sharpton, he and Jesse Jackson have been using bully tactics for years to suppress information that they deem inappropriate for wide distribution. Jackson in particular created a cottage industry and his fortune using threats of boycotts to solicit "donations". His activities have been well-documented for years.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:21 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Al Sharpton has resources dedicated to ensuring that events such as this stay out of the spotlight. He uses media connections, bribes and threats of boycotts to make these types of stories go away quickly.
If only there was a video...in this day & age there should have been one. If there was no video of the biker incident, we probably wouldn't have heard much about it either.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:32 PM

725 posts, read 804,838 times
This anti white violence has got to stop. Anti racist is just a code word for anti white because the people who cry racism are often the most racist themselves.

Most people like their own race/group the best and want to stick around and help their own people out. No one ever says blacks, Indians, Mexicans or Asians are bad because they only hire their people in their stores. But all white stores are evil. Same thing with neighborhoods.

Why can't they just leave whites alone. Whites don't do anything to blacks. White just want to be left alone and have freedom to live around who they want, sell to who they want and hire who they want. Blacks actually physically attack and murder whites.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:05 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,529,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberal logic- Only white people are racist.
Welcome to Obama's post-racial America where it's open season on white people. We're "moving forward"!
No hate crime charges will be brought against these violent thugs, guaranteed.

They were white. That's all the provocation they needed.
OOH poor white people.

You know what these kids will be arrested and will have the full book of the law thrown at them, and no one, black, brown or white will defend them.

So spare me your false tears. The notion that whites are suffering more than other groups in 2013 is a laugh, and I am sure that you CANNOT find any data to support this.

And guess what if it was blacks in the car they would have been attacked the same way. Guess you dont know about black on black crime. And please do not pretend as if drunken hooliganism by rowdy white kids doesnt occur.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW001 View Post
This anti white violence has got to stop. .
Check any statistic and you will find the most violence in INTRA group. Most blacks attack other blacks. Most whites attack other whites, etc.

Go grow a pair of you know what!

Old 10-24-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
In my opinion, it is far more real estate development interests. Why didn't the mid-day attack on the M60 bus get major coverage ? And the other attacks in Harlem ? Because people have invested money in "luxury" housing and they do not want to compromise their potential market.

Someone told me that the "everyblock" site was closed down for that reason - too many people coming on and telling actual stories, things they saw, which discouraged potential renters and buyers and compromised plans. I had never used the site, no firm opinion - could have been other reasons, inefficiency ... ?

I suppose that Sharpton could be a part of these interests as well.

The notion that Al Sharpton is so "powerful" that he can prevent the NY Post, NY Daily News and Fox News from covering this is a laugh.

Yes I agree that some neighborhoods are marketed as "safe" and crime is under reported, especially when those who they wish to attract as buyers become victims.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
No, there aren't two types of African Americans. Every African American has their own life and thoughts.
I refuse to be clumped in with one of two groups. I'm my own person.

You seem to throw a bunch of people in one group based on a few individuals. You are wrong to do that. Not all black people fit your description.

hilltop and the other racists here get an orgasm every time some black person does something bad. After all they need to justify their belief that ALL blacks are evil unless they are people like Clarence Thomas.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:12 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
The notion that Al Sharpton is so "powerful" that he can prevent the NY Post, NY Daily News and Fox News from covering this is a laugh.

Yes I agree that some neighborhoods are marketed as "safe" and crime is under reported, especially when those who they wish to attract as buyers become victims.
I swear the way some people talk about Al Sharpton, they make him seem like the anti-god. They make him much more volatile than he really is.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
When its politcally correct to have a White American advancement society, .

Tell me something. Furnish statistics to indicate that white males, who are 33% of the population of the USA,l but who occupy the overwhelming majority of top positions in the USA, are truly being victimized along the lines of females of all races, and non white males.

Some white men are just not competitive and rather than focusing on THEIR OWN PERSONAL inadequacies, invent some conspiracy which suggests that they face the highest level of discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.