Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 05:55 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,311,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Just curious because I haven't seen you around the NYC forum talking about the different areas in the city. Just this particular thread that has words "racial attack" right in its name. Being so far away, how do you know what race relations are like here in Brooklyn and Queens?

Btw, I saw all sharpton today standing on the sidewalk over on 6th ave and 57th st waiting for a ride.

I just have a probelm with police officers randomly searching blacks and latinos and hope that that does not spread to other parts of the country. I also find it interesting that a city that is so diverse has so many racial issues. Call me naive, but I figure when you have a large number of different ethnicities they would be forced to some degree to get along better.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Right, instead we should act how you and some posters feel "black people" should act.
And think. And date.
My question is why are blacks always the blunt of misinformation? I realize that it is easy to attack anyone who is different and blacks standout very well. Now that I think about it, do you realize that black people are the only group that cannot be separated by saying that they are white? Let me try to clarify this. We have all heard of white-latinos, white-hispanics, white-cubans and even white asians but you will never hear of a white-black person. They are always referred to as being bi-racial

Old 11-02-2013, 06:18 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,919,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
My question is why are blacks always the blunt of misinformation? I realize that it is easy to attack anyone who is different and blacks standout very well. Now that I think about it, do you realize that black people are the only group that cannot be separated by saying that they are white? Let me try to clarify this. We have all heard of white-latinos, white-hispanics, white-cubans and even white asians but you will never hear of a white-black person. They are always referred to as being bi-racial
I am very well informed, but thanks for the concern.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:30 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,300,868 times
Quote:
I just have a probelm with police officers randomly searching blacks and latinos and hope that that does not spread to other parts of the country. I also find it interesting that a city that is so diverse has so many racial issues. Call me naive, but I figure when you have a large number of different ethnicities they would be forced to some degree to get along better.
You do realize that this thread was started because a group of approx 10 black youths jumped a white couple, right? Nothing to do with cops.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
I am very well informed, but thanks for the concern.

It was not directed towards you, since I believe that you are already aware of it.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
You do realize that this thread was started because a group of approx 10 black youths jumped a white couple, right? Nothing to do with cops.
So because of that one incident every black and latino is under suspicion? Considering that I'm not from NYC and just seeking answers, I wanted to know why the mayor (bloomberg) and some police officers are supporting this tactic.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:01 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,209,892 times
Quote:

Obama is the most failed cracker president I've witnessed thus far in life IMO...

Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,300,868 times
Quote:
So because of that one incident every black and latino is under suspicion? Considering that I'm not from NYC and just seeking answers, I wanted to know why the mayor (bloomberg) and some police officers are supporting this tactic.
It isn't always about every minority being a suspect, but it would be nice if minority neighborhoods in brooklyn had similar murder rates as the white neighborhoods in the boro.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
It isn't always about every minority being a suspect, but it would be nice if minority neighborhoods in brooklyn had similar murder rates as the white neighborhoods in the boro.

It would be nice if everyone was treated equally and avaliabilty of decent employment regardless of who you were. Are there middleclass black neighborhoods in NYC? If there are I bet that they do not have the same crime statistics as the poor ones, but yet that are still subjected to the search and frisk once they leave their areas.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Obama is the most failed cracker president I've witnessed thus far in life IMO...
I guess that Bush gets a bye in your book huh? Do you realize if Bush was such a great president Obama would never have gotten elected in the first place, nor would he had recieved a Noble Peace prize for basically doing nothing other than not being Bush.

I'm not really defending Obama because there are some things that he has/not done that I do not agree with, but I will say this one thing. No matter whoever was the president would have been equally as unpopular because of the hard choices that they would have had to make in order to get this country back on track, besides what other president in recent memory had to clean up such a clusterfudge as the one that was left to him. On top of that still have to fight with a group of men that vowed to go against ANYTHING that he proposes, even if it is their idea in the first place (healthcare) and this was before he eventook office
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City