Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 09:50 AM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,847,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I need for you to find a recent story or something within the last 20 years or so where somebody black or hispanic was caught doing what this woman did.

The people who WORK for HRA (not just in NYC, but all over the country) are the ones that scam and create fake identities accounts. Real people cannot do this.
I don't work for HRA but I have a good source that is high in their ranks. This does happen and it is accomplished by taking a little at a time. They are are almost always caught and given jail time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 09:52 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,042,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
The ones you are referring to have to collect about 10 years before they get what this women received in a short period of time. This is really small. There are many much larger fraud cases from the Eastern European community that wasn't reported in the media. It happens to be that the community is Eastern European and that many are connected in the fraud schemes and know each other.

The welfare queens you are referring to, are for the most part generational welfare recipients with no education or skills that have not been exposed to any other existence. They don't have the ability to defraud the system to this level.
What the gov't needs is better data tools to catch these low lives. If the gov't can spend billions on huge data centers spying on us i'm sure they can easily connect the dots to catch this type of fraud. Couple with a work to welfare program it should stop many of these cases from happening. If you own a cash business, and were forced to do 10-20 hours of community service, would it be worth your time to collect gov't money?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:53 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,557,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Don't put your hand in my face like a princess...

I don't need to re-read what I typed. If you need to call replying to conjecture (your post) "defensive", then so be it. I will also label your replies as such.
LOL I knew you were going to go there and by the way, I'm a dude. If I want to put an emoticon of pushing away BS, I will do so.

Replying to my post is not what I'm calling defensive. This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername
Start a thread on the hasid scum. Prove me wrong. Start another thread on some white trash scum. Prove me wrong. Cause I am already here calling this low life what she is.
Is being defensive. To put it like this: if we were having a face to face convo, I would quickly perceive you as being defensive.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:53 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,006,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
You didn't specify. I googled for 5 more seconds and found this woman, Rosa Ortiz, who committed food stamp fraud to the tune of just under $300,000. I suppose you will have an excuse for this one too ("Bodegas are disorganized")

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...aud-case/?_r=0

Sigh, I'm talking about INDIVIDUALS collecting welfare/SNAP benefits swindling or scamming the system.

It's okay. You don't have to. I was just making a point about something. It's very, very, very hard to scam the system in NYC. The background check is super intense.

The woman in this story got away with it, because they know how to work the loopholes in the system. What those are, we'll never know, but I'm sure she had to have someone on the INSIDE of HRA helping her.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:54 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,006,000 times
Quote:
I don't work for HRA but I have a good source that is high in their ranks. This does happen and it is accomplished by taking a little at a time. They are are almost always caught and given jail time.
Are you talking about clients or employees of HRA?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:55 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,199,920 times
Quote:
The ones you are referring to have to collect about 10 years before they get what this women received in a short period of time. This is really small. There are many much larger fraud cases from the Eastern European community that wasn't reported in the media. It happens to be that the community is Eastern European and that many are connected in the fraud schemes and know each other.

The welfare queens you are referring to, are for the most part generational welfare recipients with no education or skills that have not been exposed to any other existence. They don't have the ability to defraud the system to this level.
Again, I am here calling this reprehensible. The world would be a better place if she drowned in her russian porridge, or whatever the hell they eat. Where are you going with this? Because she as an individual leeched more than a lot of welfare queens on an individual level? I don't really care. Nuke them all from orbit.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM
DAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
You didn't specify. I googled for 5 more seconds and found this NYC woman, Rosa Ortiz, who committed food stamp fraud to the tune of just under $300,000. I suppose you will have an excuse for this one too ("Bodegas are disorganized")

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...aud-case/?_r=0
This is common, with business owners that fraud the system. Most come for one shot deals, SNAP etc and state that they work at the business. Usually a cash only operation like a beauty salon, laundry, small restaurant/deli etc. Many are Latin, Middle Eastern, or Eastern European, and Asian. This is not exclusive to one group. However the largest cases have been with Eastern Europeans. This reported case is really small. It is a surprise that this one was chosen to report on.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,199,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
LOL I knew you were going to go there and by the way, I'm a dude. If I want to put an emoticon of pushing away BS, I will do so.

Replying to my post is not what I'm calling defensive. This:

Is being defensive. To put it like this: if we were having a face to face convo, I would quickly perceive you as being defensive.

Yeah I figured you're a dude. Called you a princess anyway.

And your initial post comes off as "defensive". Like you said to me, re-read if you must.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:01 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,557,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Again, I am here calling this reprehensible. The world would be a better place if she drowned in her russian porridge, or whatever the hell they eat. Where are you going with this? Because she as an individual leeched more than a lot of welfare queens on an individual level? I don't really care. Nuke them all from orbit.
This is where I'm sensing the defensiveness. If you know you'd easily call out this lady like the rest, why do you feel the need to defense yourself? The first replies were about those who only target black/Latino welfare abusers and ignore the rest.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 AM
DAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Are you talking about clients or employees of HRA?
HRA employees I thought that is what you were referring to in the post I'm responding to. If not, it is just additional info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City