Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 04:45 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times

Advertisements

Short story, Macy's said that they don't know what the actor is talking about. The cops asked to "borrow" a room and they gave them one. This is all they are aware of. Apparently, NYPD just automatically knew to stop this one black guy out of hundreds of shoppers to question about a purchase they were ALREADY aware of without no input from Macys. Uh, huh.

Macy's DENIES 'Treme' actor Robert Brown race profiling allegations | Mail Online

Quote:

No Macy's employees were involved in the detention or questioning of a black actor who claims he was stopped because of his race while shopping at the flagship Manhattan department store, Macy's officials said Sunday.

Rob Brown, a black actor who works on the HBO series 'Treme,' has said he was detained nearly an hour by police on June 8 after employees contacted authorities about possible credit card fraud. The actor has filed a lawsuit.

In a statement, Macy's said there was no record of any employee contacting authorities about Mr Brown's purchase. The store said police officers requested use of a room in the building and that request was granted.

The store said it was reaching out to Mr Brown, and continuing to investigate the situation.

Oh, and for those that don't know, the 34th street Macys location has jail cells in the basement. Why Macys is lying about this is anyone's guess as it can be easily proven from former and current workers of the store.

Can't wait to hear NYPD's take on this. It seems all of these retail establishments are making them out to be the bad guys, while trying to absolve themselves of blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 05:02 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times

WHITE PEOPLE, BLACK PEOPLE. - YouTube

Old 10-28-2013, 12:53 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
When the find the IRON MAIDEN in the basement, Macy's will be in deep doo-doo.

In a related question, does anyone know where I can buy blackface makeup to go shopping at Macy's and Barney's?

Old 10-28-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
When the find the IRON MAIDEN in the basement, Macy's will be in deep doo-doo.

In a related question, does anyone know where I can buy blackface makeup to go shopping at Macy's and Barney's?
OMG Kefir I fell da f___k out!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Yes baby it's time to get PAID!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I suggest getting your "blackface" makeup professionally done. Make sure you pay over $300 for something using your debit card with matching ID. It would help if you can get someone to film all of this too.

A second Macys shopper has come forward, but this time, the cops chased him four blocks away. They told him the reason they were stopping him was because they "lost him in the surveillance" video.

Why do they continue to take the shopper's money, if they believe the transaction is fraudulent?? I'm beginning to believe these racist practices were instituted by Ray Kelly and Bloomberg. Their fear of the black penis knows no bounds. Jeez.

Fourth New York shopper, pointing at Macy
Quote:

Another department store customer came forward Sunday with the fourth “shopping while black” complaint in a week — a customer who says he was surrounded by cops after a legitimate purchase at Macy’s Herald Square in New York.

In an eerie echo of the three prior allegations of racial profiling last week, Art Palmer said four plainclothes cops questioned him just three blocks away from the flagship store after he bought $320 worth of Polo dress shirts and ties April 24.

Palmer, a 56-year-old exercise trainer from Crown Heights, Brooklyn, said he made the purchase without incident, using both his Macy’s platinum card and his American Express card.

He was walking to a gym on Park Ave. when police surrounded him and demanded to see his ID. The officers said they were suspicious because they had lost sight of him on the store’s surveillance cameras, he said.

“The reason why we stopped you was because you were standing in an area at Macy’s where we could not see you,” one of the officers said, Palmer told reporters Sunday.

When asked if he believed he was racially profiled, he said, “There was no other reason.”

He was allowed to continue on his way after he showed his receipt for the duds and the cards with which he purchased them.

When Palmer returned to the store the next day to complain, a Macy’s manager blamed it on the cops and said officers frequently come into the store to monitor surveillance videos without permission, according to Palmer.

Palmer said a lieutenant at the midtown South stationhouse told him the officers “were just doing their jobs.”

Frustrated by that response, Palmer filed a grievance with the Civilian Complaint Review Board.

He looks really good to be 56 years old.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:06 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Oh Lordy, Lord! I'm so curious to find out what he bought that they assumed was purchased fraudulently.

What's next, Khol's???

Do they HAVE to bring in Sharpton? Isn't there anyone else out there who's an expert on this?

Old 10-28-2013, 01:08 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,738 times
Anyone remember the old Eddie Murphy whiteface SNL sketch. That was hilarious.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:11 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
OMG Kefir I fell da f___k out!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Yes baby it's time to get PAID!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I suggest getting your "blackface" makeup professionally done. Make sure you pay over $300 for something using your debit card with matching ID. It would help if you can get someone to film all of this too.

A second Macys shopper has come forward, but this time, the cops chased him four blocks away. They told him the reason they were stopping him was because they "lost him in the surveillance" video.

Why do they continue to take the shopper's money, if they believe the transaction is fraudulent?? I'm beginning to believe these racist practices were instituted by Ray Kelly and Bloomberg. Their fear of the black penis knows no bounds. Jeez.

Fourth New York shopper, pointing at Macy

He looks really good to be 56 years old.

Here's the kicker--he has a Macy's credit card!!!! AND AMEX! Everyone who knows AMEX knows that you don't just get an AMEX card if you have low or spotty credit.

I hope he returned the merchandise. I wouldn't give Macy's the satisfaction, regardless of whether or not they are aware of what NYPD are doing. Macy's shouldn't be able to play ignorance here. If NYPD is surveilling people and asking for rooms to question people then Macy's needs to be aware of what's going on.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:22 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times
All Tawana Brawley type lies.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:23 PM

364 posts, read 708,343 times
How come Robert Brown didn't speak up when he was harassed by the cops until now? Since he's a known actor, his encounter would have drawn a lot more attention.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Oh Lordy, Lord! I'm so curious to find out what he bought that they assumed was purchased fraudulently.

What's next, Khol's???

Do they HAVE to bring in Sharpton? Isn't there anyone else out there who's an expert on this?
Nothing extravagant. Just some shirts and ties. Simple men stuff.

He filed his complaint back in April. Glad he never wore the stuff. I wouldn't be able to either after being chased down like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City