Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 05:37 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,481,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_inFall View Post
I know this is an interracial thread, but I have to add Kerry Washington's hubby to the list:
I was actually surprised when I heard she married a black man. I really like her, and although she dated primarily white guys, she seems very proud of her heritage. I heard that she is expecting. Congrats to her.

The show has really helped black women break in to mainstream television.The very end of last week's episode was really nice. Black women get to be vulnerable and I like that. I also like to see black men in charge and not thugged out for once. However, I do not like the cheating aspect of it but that is why the show is called Scandal. I would prefer that she end up with Scott Foley's character.

I saw a movie entitled G yesterday and it was really good. It is a movie loosely based on the The Great Gasby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 07:14 AM

809 posts, read 1,273,254 times
Quote:
I'm sorry for the annoying question, but where is the best place in either Manhattan or Brooklyn to meet a nice white guy?

I'm non white, but highly attracted to tall professional white men with dark hair.
You need some glory hole therapy

Old 11-01-2013, 07:33 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times
Quote:
Which intellectual events have you attended lately? Book signings at Columbia or NYU, how about exhibits at the Schomburg, Studio museum, Met, etc? Which broadway and off broadway plays have you attended recently? Have you attended any open recitals? And lastly, have you partaken in any of the city wide political forums?

I have attended a number of the aforementioned events and black women were definitely in attendance. In all honesty, I rarely saw any black guys.
Unfortunately, I'd say this is accurate. It's not like it's 50% black women in attendance but the black women at these things outnumber black guys, by a lot.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:05 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Not really. There are blacks that live on the island and he doesn't acknowledge being mixed with Indian. He only mentions the african and european part of it.

He just keeps saying that black women are not attracted to him. If so, what's up with HIS look that most of us don't like. He says white women like him LESS so.

Which is why I'm confused. He sounds like he actually likes black women and is willing to drop some $$$s on them at the strip club which tells me he would do the same OUTSIDE the club.

Only he can answer this question. He also says that damn near 90% of native NYC women were spawned by satan's trolls too, so I don't know WHERE he stands.
Island?

Do you even know where Guyana is? You seem more than confused about it.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
You need some glory hole therapy
What is glory hole therapy? I've never heard of it.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:05 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
What is glory hole therapy? I've never heard of it.
It's basically a hole in the wall and something sticks out from it. The woman is on the other side of the wall and enjoys what is sticking out without seeing who the c..k belongs to.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
It's basically a hole in the wall and something sticks out from it. The woman is on the other side of the wall and enjoys what is sticking out without seeing who the c..k belongs to.
That is vulgar. Is he saying that she needs to get laid?

Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times
Kerry Washington is gorgeous and I'd say the the type of black woman most white men would probably find attractive. I read this blog post titled "The Types of Black Women Hot White Guys Date" or some title like that. It basically amounted to black women that are thin and look either like models or have "cutie pie" faces. Hair texture or skin color was not a preference meaning hot white guys would be with a very dark skin black woman with an Afro-assuming she has the face and figure of a model. Needless to say, her post was hotly debated! I have a friend that's like jet black (no joke) and has what I'd call a cutie face- round with pouty lips. She's also short and fit. Anyway lots of black guys don't give her the time of day because she's "too dark" but boy do those white guys like her! Especially the foreign ones.

I'd say in NYC, the above is more or less true. White guys with black women don't care about hair texture or skin shade. This is in contrast to the "traditional" standard of black beauty which is light skin and long straightened "good" hair. Also, more often than not the black women with white guys are no where near over weight. Not to say if a black woman is over weight she can't find a white man, it's just that most of those interracial couples I see, the black woman is well within a normal BMI. On the other foot, you'll see a large amount of overweight black women with fit and decent looking black men.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Kerry Washington is gorgeous and I'd say the the type of black woman most white men would probably find attractive. I read this blog post titled "The Types of Black Women Hot White Guys Date" or some title like that. It basically amounted to black women that are thin and look either like models or have "cutie pie" faces. Hair texture or skin color was not a preference meaning hot white guys would be with a very dark skin black woman with an Afro-assuming she has the face and figure of a model. Needless to say, her post was hotly debated! I have a friend that's like jet black (no joke) and has what I'd call a cutie face- round with pouty lips. She's also short and fit. Anyway lots of black guys don't give her the time of day because she's "too dark" but boy do those white guys like her! Especially the foreign ones.

I'd say in NYC, the above is more or less true. White guys with black women don't care about hair texture or skin shade. This is in contrast to the "traditional" standard of black beauty which is light skin and long straightened "good" hair. Also, more often than not the black women with white guys are no where near over weight. Not to say if a black woman is over weight she can't find a white man, it's just that most of those interracial couples I see, the black woman is well within a normal BMI. On the other foot, you'll see a large amount of overweight black women with fit and decent looking black men.
After a nose job, which Kerry got. A white girl nose

Old 11-01-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
That is vulgar. Is he saying that she needs to get laid?
It was a joke. The original post sounded like a foreign woman who lands here and starts her quest at stepping up their perceived and projected social dating ladder/scene

NYC abounds in such characters, especially from Asia/India/Middle East. They predominantly refer to themselves as "non-white" in online boards and personals ads.

Now that it looks like she is black, that's irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City