Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 02:01 PM

900 posts, read 2,368,377 times

Advertisements

32014983QUOTE=Julie_inFall;32014983]I'm not interested in meeting guys from craigslist; it's very unsafe. The person could be a serial killer, stalker or rapist.[/quote]

You could meet a serial killer on the street too.

I used to think like this too. I had to get out of thinking of this way and broaden my horizons and stop being afraid. For me it's just a way to better meet people since I'm not working yet.

I met my crazy husband in the streets, I now believe I'm better equipped to recognize crazy when I see it and run. If you don't feel safe meeting a person then you don't. Always take pre-caustions before meeting, even bringing a friend who'll sit near by in a public place w/o the meetee's knowledge.

You just have to be safe.

Oh and I only suggested you LOOK on Craigslist to get an idea of the different White men and different things they like in Black women. Just skip over the freakiness.

Oh to all other CD posters before you ball me out about my other posts about wining and dining. My man doesn't have to be college educated but he does have to be employed and and goal oriented. He could drive a bus, be a auto mechanic, or anything respectable as long as it's an honest living and be intelligent. I believe I am/will be blessed to carry both of us so I'm worried if he doesn't have thousands in his bank account but I certainly don't want a man who'll bring me down.

Jad4, I can relate to you about the hood thing, I'm not hood either and don't want a guy with a hood mentality either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 02:11 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,242,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
You're right.

I remember not too long ago an AA young man questioning why so many Black women were looking for White men? After he'd complained he said he understood they had more money and more apt to wine and dine you. He went on to say he had dreams of being a rapper and would soon be able to afford the same if not more and how he was currently in school

...getting his GED! Lol
Normally, I would say that money matters, and it does, but I think educational achievement matters significantly more - at least in regard to black women dating white men.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:24 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,230,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
You don't have to order alcohol at bars to go in them. They serve non-alcoholic beverages.
Have you ever tried it? It's extremely BORING! You feel like an outsider.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:33 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,008,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Normally, I would say that money matters, and it does, but I think educational achievement matters significantly more - at least in regard to black women dating white men.
No it doesn't.

I really wish you guys would stop making it seem like white men have all these "standards" when it comes to dating women of ANY race.

I hate posts like these, because it's not true.

If you're fairly decent looking, not afraid to approach or know how to flirt without being slutty (or even being slutty Lol) and make a man feel at ease within the first few minutes of conversation, then you can do what you want with him.

I can't explain it into words, but getting men of any race or age isn't rocket science or as difficult as people on the internet make it out to be.

White men are not these "classy" creatures with "standards". Many of them can't be as "choosy" as they would like. Some can, but they're either very good looking or very rich. I repeat, they're no better than any other race of men. Don't believe the hype.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:39 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,008,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Have you ever tried it? It's extremely BORING! You feel like an outsider.
Yes, I have and I feel completely fine. Not as an outsider at all.

When a man has alcohol in him, he's more relaxed and apt to reveal more about himself. Depending on what day it is or time, I "might" order one alcoholic drink to loosen the mood a bit, but if I have to go to work, then I'll get something non-alcoholic. I don't like to drink when I have something important to do the next morning.

Again, I'm not afraid of the opposite sex nor do I look at men as "creatures from out of space".

I peeped their card along time ago.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:48 PM

O
Quote:
I believe this matters to most women including Black women. I may be an exception (excluding a lot of other working class Blacks) that doesn''t mind a man who doesn't hold a degree.

The point I was trying to make as Jad2k hit on was Black women as a whole have a small pool to choose from when it comes to the Black man, it's further lessened when we look for college educated Black men, Black men who aren't/haven't been incarcerated, Black men w/o baby mommas all over the place, underemployed, gay etc.
etc. We have too many of our Black men falling into the cracks or dreaming about being the next Jay-z or Michael Jordan without putting the biggest value on education an obtaining that first.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
No it doesn't.

I really wish you guys would stop making it seem like white men have all these "standards" when it comes to dating women of ANY race.

I hate posts like these, because it's not true.

If you're fairly decent looking, not afraid to approach or know how to flirt without being slutty (or even being slutty Lol) and make a man feel at ease within the first few minutes of conversation, then you can do what you want with him.

I can't explain it into words, but getting men of any race or age isn't rocket science or as difficult as people on the internet make it out to be.

White men are not these "classy" creatures with "standards". Many of them can't be as "choosy" as they would like. Some can, but they're either very good looking or very rich. I repeat, they're no better than any other race of men. Don't believe the hype.
What makes you think that I was referring to white men and not black women? Black women are simply the least likely to date outside their race. Having said that, the reason I think educational achievement matters more than income is simply because of the numbers. Black women have higher educational achievement levels than black men and if they want someone with a comparable education level they have no choice but to either a) share a black man, or b) date outside their race.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong and it really is just about money though.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
What makes you think that I was referring to white men and not black women? Black women are simply the least likely to date outside their race. Having said that, the reason I think educational achievement matters more than income is simply because of the numbers. Black women have higher educational achievement levels than black men and if they want someone with a comparable education level they have no choice but to either a) share a black man, or b) date outside their race.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong and it really is just about money though.

It's about being compatible not about the money. You're painting all Black women as opportunist and that's not the case.

Wish I could stick around longer for this discussion but I gotta go. See y'all on the next go 'round.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:06 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,465,002 times
Quote:
OMG! A man wanting sex!

Sometimes you'll find a few gems among the freaks who are looking for serious relationship and not just a roll in the hay. I've seen a few Christian men looking for serious relationships that would lead to marriage.
It was too weird for me.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
O

I believe this matters to most women including Black women. I may be an exception (excluding a lot of other working class Blacks) that doesn''t mind a man who doesn't hold a degree.

The point I was trying to make as Jad2k hit on was Black women as a whole have a small pool to choose from when it comes to the Black man, it's further lessened when we look for college educated Black men, Black men who aren't/haven't been incarcerated, Black men w/o baby mommas all over the place, underemployed, gay etc.
etc. We have too many of our Black men falling into the cracks or dreaming about being the next Jay-z or Michael Jordan without putting the biggest value on education an obtaining that first.
Yes, that was kind of my point. Education matters to most women, but more black women graduate than black men. Normally, the education levels are reversed.

Percentage of persons age 25 and over with high school completion or higher and a bachelor's or higher degree, by race/ethnicity and sex: Selected years, 1910 through 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City