Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 05:25 PM

18,363 posts, read 31,445,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
The 3 who didn't get paralyzed all went on to commit more crimes and go on to have careers as criminals in and out of prison.

The 1 who participated in a heinous rooftop rape and robbery of a pregnant woman in the Bronx after the Goetz incident, Ramseur, died of a drug overdose, a possible suicide (but somehow I doubt it), in 2011, on the 27th anniversary date of the Goetz incident.

I don't "feel sorry" for any of them, including the one who got paralyzed. They were nothing but predators. The way they lived their lives showed it.

If we are going to feel sorry for people who got mixed up in crimes, how about feeling sorry for the WRONGLY ACCUSED who go to jail for years when they didn't do anything?

I'd rather feel sorry for the Central Park Jogger accuseds who the cops somehow talked into confessing, who spent YEARS IN JAIL, when it was ONE DIRTBAG who raped her and nearly killed her. Thank God the truth finally came out and they were finally released!

totally agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 05:32 PM

18,363 posts, read 31,445,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Oh how I love when they parade out the 6th grade "graduation" photos to show what "a good boy" he is. Or say "he's an aspiring rapper" or some other such BS. They should show photos of how they really looked while they were out stealing, robbing, and intimidating people.

These four boys were thugs, plain and simple. Criminals, bullies, trash. They were on that train, on their way to the Times Square arcades to break into them and steal money. On the way, they saw Goetz and figured he'd make an easy target. WRONG, MORONS!! Bernie did the right thing and let them have it! The only mistake he made was that his aim was off. Oh well.

As for Darrell Cabey's mother boo-hooing? Please. She did a **** poor job in raising her son and should be ashamed of herself for raising a piece of shiit like that.

I remember that era in NYC as well and it wasn't pretty! Bernie Goetz was a HERO. Remember all the posters and signs along the thruway when they were bringing him back from NH (?) "We Love you Bernie Goetz" "NY Loves the Subway Vigilante" and the like.

After that, things started changing in NYC. Bernie was absolutely a catalyst for change. After he, a skinny nerdy computer geek, stood up to 4 thugs and pumped some lead into them --- everyone else came to the realization that we (hardworking people) don't have to take this shyt from some trash that slithered into our path.

I think Goetz had no choice but to turn himself in. The police sketches looked exactly like him and his neighbors and friends knew it was him. He called one of them from NH (is that where he was hiding out?) and they told him that everyone was behind him and to just come back and turn himself in. I think the outpouring of support from EVERYONE in the city (black, white, hispanic, asian, etc) is why he only got 6 months for the gun and the other charges were dismissed (or whatever)

oh yeah, love the "aspiring rapper", that's a new one we've just heard a few weeks ago, poor thing.

the graduation pictures are always a real tear jerker.

Bernie only made the news of this incident because of his history.
I really think our drug laws ned to be re-vamped.
we have such more important things to be worrying about than pot.
seriously, pot, it is 2013, time for a change already.

remember every mugger deserves what he Goetz.

loved that one.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:00 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,694,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

loved that one.

Love that one, too!!!!!

I read that he's only been charged with a misdemeanor so he'll probably only get a small fine or something. They really made a huge deal about this --- the cops just HAD to let the media know that they nabbed Bernie Goetz.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:17 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,186,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
oh yeah, love the "aspiring rapper", that's a new one we've just heard a few weeks ago, poor thing.

the graduation pictures are always a real tear jerker.

Bernie only made the news of this incident because of his history.
I really think our drug laws ned to be re-vamped.
we have such more important things to be worrying about than pot.
seriously, pot, it is 2013, time for a change already.

loved that one.
Yeah we are really lagging behind on the marijuana issue. Even states that might as well be on the moon are progressing way beyond us on that issue. Considering how greedy NYS is for taxes, this one should be a no-brainer.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:39 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,985,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yes, I am for real. If a Black or Hispanic person had gotten busted for doing anything, half the people on this thread would be having orgasms. When a broken down old white man gets busted for selling an ILLEGAL substance, there's weeping and wailing because people LIKE YOU know very well they could be NEXT!

And quite frankly, I don't give a flying %$^& about Bernie Goetz. At his age, being arrested for selling something illegal is an utter disgrace.

The laws must be upheld equally and since it is ILLEGAL to SELL marijuana in NYC, Goetz deserves to be PUNISHED.
Agreed. The tone of this thread would have been vastly different had they been young minorities of the black and brown persuasians and everyone knows it.

Did old man Bernie really believe some young cutie was interested in him?

I swear these old men are gonna learn one of these days and pay attention to what they see in the mirror. Lol

Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 PM

113 posts, read 126,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Agreed. The tone of this thread would have been vastly different had they been young minorities of the black and brown persuasians and everyone knows it.

Did old man Bernie really believe some young cutie was interested in him?

I swear these old men are gonna learn one of these days and pay attention to what they see in the mirror. Lol
Some people have the intellect to see past skin color. Then there are those who play the " racist" card every chance they get. Wonder which you belong to?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
Some people have the intellect to see past skin color. Then there are those who play the " racist" card every chance they get. Wonder which you belong to?

LOL!! So true.

In this case, they only targeted him because he is Bernie Goetz. They only blasted it in the media because it is Bernie Goetz. Anyone else? The small amount of weed would have either been confiscated by the cop (for his later use, of course) or thrown away.

I still say it's entrapment if the story I heard is correct: He offered to smoke WITH her... she insisted on paying for it. Hmmmm.....

If it was a black or hispanic or asian that got busted for such a small amount of weed and they were blasting it all over the news? I would feel the same way. It's a BS arrest, meant to do nothing except give the public the illusion that the NYPD is doing its job.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,073,804 times
Yes, and he brought her the pot wrapped in a kleenex.
Everyone wants a little love whether its 65 year old Bernie or our hopeful interracial lovers down the page.

"He was arrested after he allegedly went upstairs to his apartment and returned with the marijuana, wrapped in a tissue."[LEFT]
Read more: 'Subway vigilante' Bernard Goetz arrested in New York on pot charge - UPI.com
[/LEFT]

Old 11-03-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vall View Post
Yes, and he brought her the pot wrapped in a kleenex.
Everyone wants a little love whether its 65 year old Bernie or our hopeful interracial lovers down the page.

"He was arrested after he allegedly went upstairs to his apartment and returned with the marijuana, wrapped in a tissue."[LEFT]
Read more: 'Subway vigilante' Bernard Goetz arrested in New York on pot charge - UPI.com
[/LEFT]

LOL!! Dontcha know? ALL the big-time dealers are wrapping their drugs in tissue now!!! That alone should show he's not a dealer. But, alas, NYPD has to put out some propoganda, letting them know they're keeping the streets safe from the likes of a big time criminal like Bernie Goetz.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:50 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,849,840 times
I mourn when I think of all the money that could be saved if drug use, sale, production would be decriminalized. Then do the same with prostitution, gambling and all the other silly free choice crimes that are currently prohibited.

The entire country could furlough HALF of their police forces and save trillion$ in salaries, pensions, police cars, etc.

The remainder could usefully spend their time AND OUR MONEY, catching ACTUAL criminals. Perhaps even go after some crooked politicians, judges, Mafiosi, and cops on the take. Imagine THAT, apprehending REAL criminals that cause REAL damage to society...WOW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City