Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 01:14 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
The significance would be to figure out a way to identify solutions to undo the problems causing these people to act violent towards others. Unfortunately this is more common in areas where people have darker complexions. Admitting that would be the first step.
It has absolutely nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with high school drop out rates, single parent child rearing, mental illness and poverty. If you are interested in solutions, you will address the issue from this angle.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:24 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
It has absolutely nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with high school drop out rates, single parent child rearing, mental illness and poverty. If you are interested in solutions, you will address the issue from this angle.
And does skin color have any correlation to these other variables?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
And does skin color have any correlation to these other variables?
Absolutely not. Social Scientists have studied this extensively.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:35 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,400 times
@CityGirl wish I could rep you but it says I need to spread some around...

Old 11-16-2013, 04:32 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Well then I'm thankful that these attributed are strongly concentrated amongst a group that is easily identified in public so that I know who to keep my kids away from!

Old 11-16-2013, 05:02 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,709 times
It all comes down to a declining culture and ethics. It will only get worst as time moves on. Receiving accolades for bad behavior and excuses from apologetics is not really a solution, but part of the problem since the beginning. We have individuals who believe assaulting random people, causing injury, receiving praises from their peers who are on the scene, then posting it on YouTube or WorldStar for further accolades and credit.. see where it's going ? It is...what it is...

Old 11-16-2013, 05:21 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
Absolutely not. Social Scientists have studied this extensively.
If you have links to reputable studies it would be most appreciated. I didn't realize that black neighborhoods in NYC are just as safe as white ones. Looking at the homicide reports one would be mislead.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
If you have links to reputable studies it would be most appreciated. I didn't realize that black neighborhoods in NYC are just as safe as white ones. Looking at the homicide reports one would be mislead.
Why don't you go to your local library and conduct your own search of various peer reviewed journal articles on this subject...

On another note, what you see playing out throughout many African American urban areas, will be prevalent throughout much of the U.S., because the key factors which have given rise to violence/crime in African American neighborhoods are slowly becoming the norm throughout the larger American society.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:37 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,710 times
Quote:
It has to do with race. These Black thugs are going around finding White people (or Asians) to Knockout. They see it as a race thing first. To go out and find that different race color person fist and then go an attack them. And well we are seeing it as a race thing too.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Well then I'm thankful that these attributed are strongly concentrated amongst a group that is easily identified in public so that I know who to keep my kids away from!
One could also argue that percentage wise, there are more European American men who sexually abuse children. Should people safeguard their children from all European American men, given the stats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City