Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2007, 01:49 AM

5 posts, read 28,132 times

Advertisements

I heard rumor about this. If its true its good news in my opinion for Woodlawn. First off there is just too much traffic as it is on Katonah Avenue without the BX31 and BX34 running threw it. Second it allows people from the Wakefield section of the Bronx who don't have cars get an easier access into getting into Woodlawn.

I hope at least for me its true.

If so where are they going to move it.

Thanks ALL

Last edited by monty124; 11-22-2007 at 02:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
I haven't heard of that, would be interesting if it happened. They only started that route a couple of months ago, as it previously ran up Webster ave. The route that the 31 used to take was replaced by the 16 I believe. So I think it would be somewhat redundant for the 31 to return to its old route.

My biggest complaint about the 31 is that it seems pointless. Next to nobody in Woodlawn uses the 2 to get to the city, so there's no reason for the bus route. Everyone uses either MetroNorth, the 4, or if they want to get to the west side of Manhattan the D.

That 31 bus stops right outside of where I live and there's almost never anyone on board it in Woodlawn. You might see a few stragglers from Wakefield here and there, but its generally pretty empty. However, I've never put it past the MTA to just **** money down the rat hole, and this seems like a pretty good example of that.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:13 PM

5 posts, read 28,132 times
Default The BX16 has always run on Webster Avenue MEAD

The BX16 and BX31 have always ran by the Woodlawn Metro North Station. So I kind of hope that the BX31 will stop running threw Woodlawn. Two big buses(BX31,BX34) running threw Katonah Avenue in Woodlawn suck.

Anyway will see what happens

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving...

Old 11-22-2007, 11:49 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
I'm not bothered by the route so much. However it does seem very wasteful. Whenever I see a 16 bus rolling down 233rd street it is usually packed to the gills. The 31 buses seem almost empty in comparison. Usually they will only have a passenger or two onboard, even during rush-hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty124 View Post
The BX16 and BX31 have always ran by the Woodlawn Metro North Station. So I kind of hope that the BX31 will stop running threw Woodlawn. Two big buses(BX31,BX34) running threw Katonah Avenue in Woodlawn suck.

Anyway will see what happens

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City