Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 10:58 AM

228 posts, read 338,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi61196 View Post
Does a lot of snow mean a lot of people will retire ? Because that would be great for the people waiting to get on.
Why would it be great? I never understood why people busted chops to guys that wouldn't retire everyone situation is different.im gonna be 40 when I can retire with little kids running around where else am I gonna go work and make this kind of money? Senior guys have earned the right to stay as long as they want.your husbands time will come and I hope when his retirement comes nobody is pushing him out the door

Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 AM

228 posts, read 338,528 times
Let it snow let it snow let it snow

Old 01-21-2014, 11:19 AM

4 posts, read 8,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobigorgohome View Post
Why would it be great? I never understood why people busted chops to guys that wouldn't retire everyone situation is different.im gonna be 40 when I can retire with little kids running around where else am I gonna go work and make this kind of money? Senior guys have earned the right to stay as long as they want.your husbands time will come and I hope when his retirement comes nobody is pushing him out the door
It was just a question. Sorry if you feel upset about my question. I don't anyone to leave before their time........ I'm new to this so I wasn't sure.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:14 PM

733 posts, read 1,164,522 times
Holy ***** look at all this snow

Old 01-22-2014, 01:04 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,393,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyblack View Post
Holy ***** look at all this snow
Not enough....need more. Then they'll really hire

Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Not enough....need more. Then they'll really hire
Damn we really get no love lol I thought we did a good job last night, most the roads I passed were down to blacktop and on the way home all I hear on the radio is how we failed and read on Facebook people cursing Dsny, where's the love??!?!?!? Lol

Old 01-22-2014, 06:33 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Damn we really get no love lol I thought we did a good job last night, most the roads I passed were down to blacktop and on the way home all I hear on the radio is how we failed and read on Facebook people cursing Dsny, where's the love??!?!?!? Lol

Love yourself and your fellow worker. We'll never get recognition from the moron public who has ZERO clue what it takes to clean the streets of NY in a matter of hours. They expect to see black top when the snow is coming down 1-3 inches an hour all the while the roads are choked up by those exact same morons going to get cigarettes.

F NYC just pay me *******. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Old 01-22-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Love yourself and your fellow worker. We'll never get recognition from the moron public who has ZERO clue what it takes to clean the streets of NY in a matter of hours. They expect to see black top when the snow is coming down 1-3 inches an hour all the while the roads are choked up by those exact same morons going to get cigarettes.

F NYC just pay me *******. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Yup. I tell them all the time, can you wipe up a spill that's still spilling on the floor? No....so why do they think we can get rid.of snow as it's still falling? Fact is they're spoiled because we've done such a great job in the past and think life entitles them to never be inconvenienced for even a second. If they ever moved outside city limits and saw what a real unplowed street looked like, they would die. Go work BX12, you'll see. But we'll always be hated. GPS that shows every block was hit and no one believes it....waste of money. Sad thing is the people on some no outlet side street expect their street to be blacktop before even a highway. But....didn't they support when Bloomberg wanted to cut forces down lol

Old 01-22-2014, 12:23 PM

And as was said...the traffic and parked cars are the biggest obstacle to clearing streets. I can't plow through you people....

Well....I could but you won't like it

Old 01-22-2014, 02:27 PM

188 posts, read 310,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
And as was said...the traffic and parked cars are the biggest obstacle to clearing streets. I can't plow through you people....

Well....I could but you won't like it
Lol lol your absolutely right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City