Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:52 PM

268 posts, read 480,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
You're a funny guy.
Hey, you wanna laugh?

This prick last week asked me to christen his kid. Yeah, alright.. Seven thousand I'll charge him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 10:04 PM

929 posts, read 1,659,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Long Island man, they are all in Long Island. I am not kidding
Connecticut, too.

B+Q Italians went to SI, FL and NJ. Manhattan Italians are a different story.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:21 PM

141 posts, read 306,720 times
Dead.

Or Rockland, Long Island, NJ, CT, Staten Island.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:31 PM

929 posts, read 1,659,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Don Draper View Post
Dead.

Or Rockland, Long Island, NJ, CT, Staten Island.
Not Westchester?

I spend zero time in the county, and don't know anyone who lives there, so I wouldn't know.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:53 PM

229 posts, read 232,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Thirty years ago I remember coming to New York City for the first time and was amused at finding so many stereotypical New Yorkers. Many were of Italian background (generations before) and had that brash New York accent and attitude.

Now I go to the Manhattan part of New York and I run into very few people like that. Manhattan seems to be mostly the rich or immigrants.

Where did the old fashioned stereotype New Yorkers go? Staten Island? Brooklyn? Queens, Long Island? or Jersey?

I am particularly interested in finding the old fashioned Working Class New Yorkers with Italian backgrounds with strong accents and lots of attitude.
Most are gone except a few like myself in Bklyn,along with the other europeans. The 3rd world people are taken over NYC.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11222blue View Post
The 3rd world people are taken over NYC.
Dude, Italians used to be 3rd World immigrants. They worked hard and made their way up through society.

Same thing is happening in the next crop

Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 PM

229 posts, read 232,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Dude, Italians used to be 3rd World immigrants. They worked hard and made their way up through society.

Same thing is happening in the next crop
I disagree...most people coming here from the middle east are not like the immigrants from Europe.
Where were you raise and born?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:15 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Lower East Side/Little Italy, Harlem (East and West), Hell's Kitchen, Greenwich Village all had sizable Italian populations at one time. East Harlem area around Rao's restaurant (East 114th Street) was one of the last hold outs and still as a decent "old school" Italian-American population but they are slowly going and being replaced by Mexicans/Latinos.

Where did they go? Aside from dying off many moved to other parts of NYC or NYS on their own or to be near or with their children/grandchildren. Others still moved on as the neighborhoods changed.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:55 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,795,989 times
They died off, maybe? But didn't the old style New Yorkers have children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Lower East Side/Little Italy, Harlem (East and West), Hell's Kitchen, Greenwich Village all had sizable Italian populations at one time. East Harlem area around Rao's restaurant (East 114th Street) was one of the last hold outs and still as a decent "old school" Italian-American population but they are slowly going and being replaced by Mexicans/Latinos.

Where did they go? Aside from dying off many moved to other parts of NYC or NYS on their own or to be near or with their children/grandchildren. Others still moved on as the neighborhoods changed.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:56 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,795,989 times
When I think of the New York Attitude I think of Judge Judy. I run into so many New Yorkers who remind me of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City