Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 12:04 AM

29 posts, read 66,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnyc1 View Post
I got a postcard two days ago to bring paperwork. Would love to get in this place.

Is income based on total income or adjusted gross income?
I am not 100 percent positive but from helping friends fill out these applications and helping them get their documents together, if it's for the 80/20 buildings or low/moderate income - they are usually talking about your total income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 07:36 AM

86 posts, read 312,398 times
Can someone who dropped off paperwork confirm what they had to bring?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:49 AM

For anyone who didn't get the first notice, only the 2nd notice: you need to bring:

- Driver's License
- SS Card
- Last four paystubs
- W2 Tax Return
- Lottery Postcard

Old 11-25-2013, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,562 times
I never received the initial notice but I did receive a 2nd & Final notice on Saturday dated 11/19/13. It also has the municipal preference. All the information that jhartigan mentioned is infact correct. Hopefully, this will work out in everyone's favor.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:27 AM

9 posts, read 37,124 times
I received the notice at the end of Oct-13, I have a Community Board preference, my number was on the thousands but because of my preference I was told to appear from 11/06 to 11/10. There was not that many people, but they were unable to answer the number of apartments distribution even when it is in their flyer. I called to ask the status and they told me it could take 2 weeks to a month. I could only qualify for the low rent appartments, and I was told that after you get approved if there is people ahead of you, they will go in numeric order. I'm glad they tell you like 50 times there are not guarantees . For those with an obsessive personality like myself, here are the guidelines for this lottery. Good luck to all, and will keep you posted when I hear something. Marketing Guidelines

Old 11-26-2013, 11:45 AM

10 posts, read 41,687 times
I too have recieved a "post card" giving me an option of 3 days next week to attend an open house to as some of you guys mentioned, bring in documentations(S.S., W2's, etc.). I notcied a log # at the bottom which was in the 300's. Does anyone know if that number implies a "place in line"? Meaning would my application be considered before someone with a higher log #?

Thanks in advace for any input.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:10 PM

OxyGenius - that's a very good log number but people with application preferences would go before you. Ex: someone with a log # of 2000 but a mobility impairment preference would supersede your #300. I think you have a very good shot though.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:21 AM

10 posts, read 41,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartigan View Post
OxyGenius - that's a very good log number but people with application preferences would go before you. Ex: someone with a log # of 2000 but a mobility impairment preference would supersede your #300. I think you have a very good shot though.
Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:43 AM

Dropped my documents off last night - was told I'd hear back in 3-4 weeks like everyone else.

For those that haven't been called, you can see the floor plans here:Bronx Pro Real Estate Management - Q41 Lottery Applicants. Click view floor plans.

For those looking at the studios, like me, they are pretty small! 402sf - going to be tight but the apartments look gorgeous from the renderings.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:00 AM

14 posts, read 104,475 times
JHARTIGAN,

Since you've already dropped off your documentation, is it true that you don't select units, that they're assigned to you? I hear the building/apartment units are beautiful...but how's the area/neighborhood? I'm not familiar with LIC. Any feedback is appreciated.

Good luck during the processing of your paperwork!

Thank you,

TIFERNA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery