Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,600 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I recently signed a floor plan. Maybe those of us who have signed a floor plan and are currently waiting for approval/rejection can share which apartment we singed for so we know if any of us signed for the same floor plan and this way we'll have a better idea of our chances?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 09:19 AM

913 posts, read 2,272,486 times
GCD1983,

How long did this whole process take for you? When was the first time you went for the apartment viewing? I went in May as specified in my postcard.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:36 AM

74 posts, read 170,745 times
LCityGirl,

As someone else stated, I wrote a letter saying that I no longer work at XYZ and got it notarized. It was pretty simple. I wanted to find the fastest way to get my paperwork in, and since my former employer no longer wants to help and won't respond to anyone's calls or emails, this was the fastest way.

If you call the Q41 office, never talk to the person who answers the phone. She's a moron. Talk to Liam or Dawn. They're both knowledgeable and helpful.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:38 AM

I am so tempted to just call and inquire.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:49 AM

86 posts, read 312,390 times
I also signed a floor plan and am waiting for someone for a better log number to potentially take it from me.

What I don't understand is why have me sign it in the first place at all? It seems like it is backwards.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:16 AM

Jhartigan,

I thought you moved in there already. I didn't know you were still on the wait list. That is insane.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:04 PM

10 posts, read 16,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulQ41 View Post
Anyone who signed the lease have any tips? Were there any red flags? Did they say anything about cats/pets in the lease?

Thanks!
Hi hopeful,

When I signed the form to authorize the credit check, I remember initialing a statement saying there were no pets allowed.

I think if it the pet in question is a small one, it shouldn't be an issue. A couple I know who live in a lottery apartment live with their cat anyway. Not sure if they snuck it in there or spoke to the landlord about it, but if you approach it correctly, people can be very understanding and flexible with this kind of thing. Good luck!

Old 06-04-2014, 09:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,187 times
Hi All,
I am moving in with my daughter who is almost 18, to the tenth floor. I am going to try and get a new job in Manhattan to simplify my life. I feel that Long Island City will be a fun place to live, everyone will want to visit us for the fireworks and see the sunsets too! Also, I have never lived in a new apartment in my life, and it will be an awesome feeling....They would not give me more than a month, so I signed and then have 30 days to move, while working full time.. it is stressful and after waiting for months and months, now its all about hurrying up! You have to schedule the elevator with the super, they give you a window, mine is 1-3pm. I kept having to sign documents with my daughter to prove she is not earning an income, and had to re-certify my employment and provide new tax returns, since the process had gone on for so long! I am not worried about the neighborhood, but, I have lived in Brooklyn for years, and we are used to city life. You just have to use common sense and scope things out, that's what I believe, and it has always worked for me. Best of luck to everyone on this site!!!!

Old 06-05-2014, 08:16 AM

LongislandcityRocks aka Mrs. Latina,

I am sooooo happy for you. When did you first see the apartment? When did you first get the postcard to come in and see everything? Give us a month so it'll help people who are currently waiting.

Also, the comment about your kid not working just doesn't makes no sense. It's obvious she's unemployed and a college student and yet the building is making you jump through hoops for no reason to verify she is unemployed. They're absolutely ridiculous and robotic like an MTA employee. Dumb as a box of hair!

Now are you in a 2 bedroom?

The area is fine. Sure certain streets are sketchy and some don't have street lights, but i think you should be fine.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:28 PM

28 posts, read 59,469 times
q41, what do you do at BOA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery