Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 06:20 PM

286 posts, read 353,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I started a thread on that same listing last week
Look for "Brooklyn is done"

I just wouldn't want to live on Jamaica Avenue because it's too busy. I was never a fan of living on main streets.
I know what thats like, I lived off of Atlantic ave. for a few years. The summer was worst with all the traffic, noise and dirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 06:22 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Looks awesome but I wouldn't want to live directly on Jamaica Avenue.
Jamaica ave is pretty quiet over there. Not as busy a road in Brooklyn as it is in Queens. Nice house. Play some tennis across the street like at a country club type development in the burbs.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:22 PM

80 posts, read 140,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Jamaica ave is pretty quiet over there. Not as busy a road in Brooklyn as it is in Queens. Nice house. Play some tennis across the street like at a country club type development in the burbs.
Agreed, for a building like that I wouldn't mind living on Jamaica ave. Especially facing the park, Jamaica isn't that busy over there.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:07 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
The row-houses on that block are actually nice. Expect noisy summer days though. Fulton St is actually much busier and louder than Jamaica Ave.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cypre...98.53,,0,-3.42

Old 04-25-2014, 12:31 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbf726 View Post
I think it would take a long time..and maybe the brooklyn real estate bubble bursts before it ever happens. Some new comers might end up this way in search of affordable housing, but my feeling is will stay the way it is for a long while. I hope it does, we need some affordable nyc neighborhoods!
At the next recession is when many housing bubbles start popping. We may not be far from the next recession.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:21 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
In regards to Cypress Hills - Closing Bell: Brooklyn Down East Tour | Brownstoner

Old 04-30-2014, 02:57 PM

286 posts, read 353,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
Most of the walking tours shown on Brownstoner get crowds of people showing up (Fort Greene, Cobble Hill, Crown Heights) unfortunately for ENY I think most of those people still think it's the war-zone of the 80's and 90's. Whenever I told people I worked with (mostly transplants) that I live in ENY some even gasp like I just told them I live in Baghdad. They gave me looks of concern and I just laugh since I know 5 or 6 years from now they'll be priced out of *insert trendy neighborhood and be talking about how beautiful Cypress Hills is.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:55 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianbeef View Post
Most of the walking tours shown on Brownstoner get crowds of people showing up (Fort Greene, Cobble Hill, Crown Heights) unfortunately for ENY I think most of those people still think it's the war-zone of the 80's and 90's. Whenever I told people I worked with (mostly transplants) that I live in ENY some even gasp like I just told them I live in Baghdad. They gave me looks of concern and I just laugh since I know 5 or 6 years from now they'll be priced out of *insert trendy neighborhood and be talking about how beautiful Cypress Hills is.
Pretentious bastards.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-30-2014, 08:52 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianbeef View Post
Are native NYers (excluding those living in bad areas) any less scared of East New York?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:37 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City