U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-23-2007, 10:48 AM

36 posts, read 91,624 times
Default Free haircuts?

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with those "free haircut" offers on craigslist that are posted all the time. I assume that they are either stylist trainees or some kind of scam...not sure which. I thought that usually even the trainee schools are only about half off, which is still a lot of money if they are the high end stylists that charge $100 a cut or so...

Has anyone responded and used one of these free cuts, or do you know what the "catch" is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 02:04 PM

6,579 posts, read 10,613,977 times
I can't speak for all the ads, but my gut feeling is that they are not scams. I do think there are trainees (maybe they are giving their first few haircuts) and they can't charge for cuts. Perhaps the trainees that are further into their program can charge half. I know the free ones are usually talking about giving a certain kind of haircut - like long layers or a bob, so they seem legit. But perhaps you get what you pay for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City