Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:33 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
And we care what other people think? Maybe you don't know NYers much..but worrying about what Billy Bob on Ommpachumpa, Oklahoma has no impact on me or anyone else in NYC.
You care more about what other people think more than anybody I've come across on this board. I've never seen someone defend anything like you do with that rathole of a neighborhood. You care what other people think like nobody else I've seen.

Edit: just saw your edit. Lol your sensationalism knows no bounds. You probably mutter curses to yourself about ignorant ole "billybob" while perusing meat for tonight's dinner at the supermarket. If you need me to explain that to you, then let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Sh1tting on Texas and various other "red" states seems to be the pompous, cool guy liberal thing to do in this area. It makes me smile every time. Consequently, this is the reason most folks around the country indeed have ill feelings for new yorkers. Being such stuck up cvnts that moniker inevitably gives off and all.
Liberals out number Republicans in NY 1 to 6. In this board, it's more like 1 to 30.

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Then you should do so...I am sure Texas would be perfect for you...and yet...you are in NYC..strange?
As long as I'm not in the South Bronx. Rather be homeless in Manhattan.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Liberals out number Republicans in NY 1 to 6. In this board, it's more like 1 to 30.
This board goes far beyond liberalism, with its long term public assistance clients. I'm not sayin that to be offensive, its true and many have outed themselves.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:38 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
G-dale: Well then I am glad that you are homeless in Manhattan then. Guess that beats Texas also!

Available: ?

Old 11-22-2013, 11:39 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
I can remember the decline of NYC beginning in the the mid to late 1960′s that continued until end of the Dinkins Administration. Decades of Progressive leadership stretching all the way back to the incorporation of the City in the late 19th century was temporarily suspended due to financial constraints in the 1970′s and 1980′s and the past 20 years of adult supervision (Neither Guiliani nor Bloomberg were/are perfect btw). The only recent encore was the Dinkin's four year run that reminded New Yorkers that going along to get along was a recipe for disaster.

There is a whole new crop of New Yorkers who were either not around for that era or have decided to rewrite history in order to romanticize a period of absolute physical and civil decay. I do not forget and there was nothing good about it. Ironically, the past 20 years of relatively positive advancement interrupted by 9/11 laid the foundation for New Yorker’s desire to experiment with Progressive/Social leadership. I see nothing good to come of this, but good luck, Y'all.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:41 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Quote:
G-dale: Well then I am glad that you are homeless in Manhattan then. Guess that beats Texas also!

Available: ?
I replied to your edit with an edit.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:42 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Texan2yankee: That's funny that you talk about rewriting history.. I too despise that. Tell us how you think history was pre 1960.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:47 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I can remember the decline of NYC beginning in the the mid to late 1960′s that continued until end of the Dinkins Administration. Decades of Progressive leadership stretching all the way back to the incorporation of the City in the late 19th century was temporarily suspended due to financial constraints in the 1970′s and 1980′s and the past 20 years of adult supervision (Neither Guiliani nor Bloomberg were/are perfect btw). The only recent encore was the Dinkin's four year run that reminded New Yorkers that going along to get along was a recipe for disaster.

There is a whole new crop of New Yorkers who were either not around for that era or have decided to rewrite history in order to romanticize a period of absolute physical and civil decay. I do not forget and there was nothing good about it. Ironically, the past 20 years of relatively positive advancement interrupted by 9/11 laid the foundation for New Yorker’s desire to experiment with Progressive/Social leadership. I see nothing good to come of this, but good luck, Y'all.
You sound OLD. Like a relic from another era whose time on this planet is just about over.

Aren't there some senior citizen things you should be focusing on in your twilight years in Texas, than worrying about what's going on in NYC?

Old 11-22-2013, 11:50 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Marilynn, I guess I am getting old and still come to see family in NYC often. Also, I loathe to see destruction of the city happen again. I am just getting squishy in my advancing years. Damn it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City