Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 12:34 PM

5,118 posts, read 4,966,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
The attackers should target Italians or Hispanics or the Polish in Greenpoint. The media would ignore the attacks entirely and this would bring less heat. Assaulting Hasidim in NY is a very bad idea and will bring maximum police scrutiny.
Are you implying that the other whites are too soft to fight off these attackers? I am asking because a similar thought occurred to me at one point because I seldom hear any Russian communities complain about outsider crimes...if you know how average Russians appear and behave, you will know what I am saying. So the thugs are smart enough about whom to mess with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 01:33 PM

109 posts, read 239,162 times
Im not from NYC but people have been playing knockout game for years here in the Midwest, nobody gave a damn until Jewish and white people in nice areas in New York City started getting KO'd, now they're talking about charging kids as adults and giving people numerous years. But nothing was really done all these years when only black and latino folks in the hood were getting knocked out here in the Midwest. I'm 24 and knockout game has been played for a lonnnnng lonnnng time. Police nationwide should have handle this shyt years ago, now it's in their gated communities and suburbs and now people are scared of getting KO'd when folks have been getting KO'd all throughout the past decade and more with no legal action.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:15 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
For one thing, you can opt for notifications from spotcrime - many people involved in community programs here do.

There is a problem with news coverage of actual crimes in Harlem. I am not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I must admit that development interests would seem to play a role.

I have seen incredible situations, shoot-outs or similar in mid-afternoon on 125th street, not one news story follows. This is counterproductive because people need to understand the facts before anything nearing solutions can be found. Denial does not make things go away.
The only solution would be to flood the streets with uniformed NYPD patrols like during the Guliani era. The only real deterrant is making people feel they won't even walk around the corner w/o tripping over a cop.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:43 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,311,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
Im not from NYC but people have been playing knockout game for years here in the Midwest, nobody gave a damn until Jewish and white people in nice areas in New York City started getting KO'd, now they're talking about charging kids as adults and giving people numerous years. But nothing was really done all these years when only black and latino folks in the hood were getting knocked out here in the Midwest. I'm 24 and knockout game has been played for a lonnnnng lonnnng time. Police nationwide should have handle this shyt years ago, now it's in their gated communities and suburbs and now people are scared of getting KO'd when folks have been getting KO'd all throughout the past decade and more with no legal action.
I would not say that the incidents that took place in NYC were in the nice parts of town. Maybe the Jews in Brooklyn are different than those in Chicago, but around here they can live in some pretty crappy neighborhoods. Rather than knock the Jews, maybe you should of spoke up earlier about this happening around your way. Don't hate them for having a voice.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:18 PM

56 posts, read 148,635 times
Knock out , is a old game that the homies use to play back in the 90's; this isn't new. Back in the day it was called knock-out kings.....there was a point system where big guys (men) are like 20 points non-bangers are like 10 points. The idea was to rack-up as much points as possible. It was mostly for bragging rights .

Back than no one would target women though; that's the only difference from then to now. Never played it , but know a lot of dudes who did.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:52 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,749,452 times
today's tough guys are having a harder time racking up bragging rights ...what with the low points for old people, women, and the homeless.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:45 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,586 times
The issue is today's 'tough guys' are not really all that tough, they are more demented and have a twisted mentality. This is why from time to time you will read comments I've made which correlates today's generation of thugs with some baddies in 80's B movies. See, in the 80's B movies the vigilante or the protagonist was really the tough guy and the goons who were out doing twisted things, always in packs, had outrages outfits and mannerisms. There is a correlation. LOL!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,674 times
This almost brings a tear to my eye, it makes me so happy:

Instant Karma: Dude Tries To Knock Woman Out But Ends Up Getting Rocked By Her And Her Boyfriend In Las Vegas! - WorldstarHipHop

Old 12-09-2013, 08:47 AM

56 posts, read 148,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post

Good for that mf

Old 12-09-2013, 09:12 AM

5,208 posts, read 4,669,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
And you're proud of this why? These people who play this game is society's trash. They deserve no mercy and should be shot on sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City