Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 05:02 PM

138 posts, read 136,697 times

Advertisements

@bellalove when we last spoke 3weeks ago she asked for Janurary pay stubs which I faxed over. First let me explain that the lady that interviewed me first no longer works there and was given to another lady which is handling my case. ( I knew some bs was going to happen)
Now, she told me that the developers multiply my Jan. paystub by a certain number then 52 weeks. I get paid every 2 weeks not weekly!!!. With this lady everything is over the phone which i hate and cant stand. The weird thing was that the other lady that was interviewing we did the calculations together as if the developers would and the number cam out good..its funny i find this all funny..its like common sense I would not apply for something that I know I won't qualify for.you know??? She said that she would send a letter and I can always appeal..but honestly I am so upset and turned off..why bother..I wish I can go there in person and speak to the developers and tell them a few words here and there, but these people are just plain wrong..God knows I need an apartment to finally be a peace and **** like this gets me pissed and aggravated. like numbers and papers don't lie!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 05:18 PM

343 posts, read 1,092,744 times
@sancoho that's awful I'm so sorry this has happened to u. It seems like no one is having any luck with this place.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:23 PM

108 posts, read 106,552 times
@sancocho, did your pay change between the first set of calculations vs the second time you sent in pay stubs. If you did a bit more overtime in those checks, your screwed. My only fear is that they also use the bank account as assets so if you have thousands saved, they add that to salary. For example I just got my income tax refund, and If they use that as income I'm screwed

Old 03-13-2014, 05:25 PM

@bellalove thanks mani,,but honestly I just cant express myself further on how I feel right now. its like dam if you dam if you don't..I was very patient and gave them all of the extra nonsense the requested. and still they messed up.. according to them I make 40k which I don't..and i even told her to look at my W2 from last year and you will see I don't even amke that. I even gave them a verification of employment letter with all of my information. and still they messed up.. I feel things happen for a reason..but my problem is Im too persistent when I want and need something and know they are wrong...once I receive that dam letter I will show them even my blood if I have too and show them that they messed up terribly..

Old 03-13-2014, 05:29 PM

@ joyero the crazy thing is that I dont even work 80 hours due to attending college..I havent had a raise since a year lol..according to them they cant use assets against you as long as its not a certain amount. Im a start saving the old fashioned way(under the mattress) this is all bs!!! techically income refund is really your money its not extra income

Old 03-13-2014, 05:36 PM

343 posts, read 1,092,744 times
@Joyero from what other ppl have said, savings is counted as 2% towards income. So if u have 10,000 savings, 10,000 x 2% (0.02) is only $200.

@sancocho are u going to appeal? I'm not sure if it's worth it. If u made more money in your January stubs, that could be the reason for the income increase. The income calculations for these lotteries leaves very little room for error. I've noticed that with my own stubs, even working 1 or 2 more hours a week could put me over the income limit when I do the calculations.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:41 PM

108 posts, read 106,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
@Joyero from what other ppl have said, savings is counted as 2% towards income. So if u have 10,000 savings, 10,000 x 2% (0.02) is only $200.

@sancocho are u going to appeal? I'm not sure if it's worth it. If u made more money in your January stubs, that could be the reason for the income increase. The income calculations for these lotteries leaves very little room for error. I've noticed that with my own stubs, even working 1 or 2 more hours a week could put me over the income limit when I do the calculations.
Well that's good to know then. I still have yet to hear a response from my interviewer but it seems tomorrow is the day. I will keep you guys posted. Sancocho... Pelea esa vaina loco. Lol. I figure your name Sancocho your from DR?

I am in for a two bedroom and I am just under the income threshold so I am very nervous now.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:42 PM

@joyero I am going to appeal. bc I dont work 80 hours and don't work overtime due to my studies. Plus, I want to see how they calcuated it bc I am postive that they are wrong which they are.. and if I have to be a bitchy then o well good luck with them..Im just upset because I realllllyllylylylylylyly wanted this and now this happened

Old 03-13-2014, 05:45 PM

@joyero yes i am dominican, sancocho is my favorite plate lol..but yes I will appeal and fight it. I applied for either the one bedroom or studio..but the second bracket i believe..good luck @ joyero...sometimes I wish I can speak to a supervisor and cry my way lol..but its probably useless...

Old 03-13-2014, 05:46 PM

fyi people there are more apts available on nyc connect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery