Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 07:49 AM

108 posts, read 106,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCityGirl View Post
For those that have been through the Interview process, when you give In your paper work are you stapling the papers or using paper clips? For Items such as Bank Statements do you sign anywhere on the paper? (Trying to have things prepared ahead of time)

Thank You
The more organized the better. For example, I had tabs on all my bank statements. It is okay for each month to be stapled I don't see why not. I had tabs labeled by month and tabs that described other paper work. tabs tabs tabs!! lol. I also brought in seperate folders for my income tax, seperate folders for my bank statements, and seperate folders for my pay stubs and another for my identity docs.

With all this organized paperwork, I don't think I lasted more than 5 minutes in the interview room. It was hello, good afternoon, may have this, this and this..I was like here, here and here lol.

So yea, just be organized enough to hand in your documents right away, and you don't get stuck searching for anything lol.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 AM

138 posts, read 136,711 times
I have to agree with joyero the more organized the better. Even though I was organized I had some documents to be notarized because I had deposits in my account and I needed a school letter explaining my part-time stueldent status, other then that it took a rough 6 months to finally be accepted.my experience with this company was good compared to others. So far I am very happy to come home and be able to relax and actually think.the building is nice and quiet. The super is nice.theres a pathmark which offers great discounts better then the Associated eventhough the platanos are super expensive in pathmark but its all good.I just read the rider anyone has thoughts on it.im trying to get a copy of apartment key just for emergencies its a hassle.I dont understand why they placed that sign on apt. Key I understand the main door.but come on seriously on apt key.why??

Old 05-21-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
I have to agree with joyero the more organized the better. Even though I was organized I had some documents to be notarized because I had deposits in my account and I needed a school letter explaining my part-time stueldent status, other then that it took a rough 6 months to finally be accepted.my experience with this company was good compared to others. So far I am very happy to come home and be able to relax and actually think.the building is nice and quiet. The super is nice.theres a pathmark which offers great discounts better then the Associated eventhough the platanos are super expensive in pathmark but its all good.I just read the rider anyone has thoughts on it.im trying to get a copy of apartment key just for emergencies its a hassle.I dont understand why they placed that sign on apt. Key I understand the main door.but come on seriously on apt key.why??
Sancocho I think i saw you when you moved in saturday . Were you in that elevator? with that guy...I couldnt fit I had to take the other one...if that was you you're mean you didnt let me in

what sign are you reffering to?

Old 05-21-2014, 10:59 AM

138 posts, read 136,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post
Sancocho I think i saw you when you moved in saturday . Were you in that elevator? with that guy...I couldnt fit I had to take the other one...if that was you you're mean you didnt let me in

what sign are you reffering to?
The only person I saw was a man in a wheelchair we spoke for like I minute. On Sat I moved.if it was you my apologies I was so stressed out to move everything.it happened so fast. Im not sure though.I also spoke with a lady with curly hair. Lol.
On the apt door key it reads prohibited duplication.we was ablr to move in less then a day im super organized

Old 05-21-2014, 01:24 PM

49 posts, read 60,771 times
did anyone get a knock on their door from someone who works from MPower Energy? if so what are your thoughts

Old 05-21-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctown101 View Post
did anyone get a knock on their door from someone who works from MPower Energy? if so what are your thoughts
They are usually a scam. They want to sell you energy... That con ed sells them..... I had to sort of get nasty with one of them because they kept on knocking on my door... Three different people. Their claim is you pay a set price for your energy.. Never less never more... But on the days you don't use all the energy provided, you still have to pay the set price... Screw that... It is only beneficial if you use a lot of power... And I do mean a lot. Other than that don't do it.
My two cents of course, your free to try them lol.

@sancocho I'm just messing hope you're all settled in!

Old 05-21-2014, 06:41 PM

101 posts, read 105,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctown101 View Post

In my opinion it is not a good idea to purchase power with them. I had a bad experience with them in my old apartment. They tell you how much cheaper their product is but what they fail to tell you is you still have to pay to have their product delivered which is where the cost adds up.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:36 AM

49 posts, read 60,771 times
@Joyero @Mzmatty thanks

Old 05-23-2014, 10:19 AM

71 posts, read 77,741 times
SO WHEN ARE WE ALL MEETING ON MY TERRACE.. LOL.. NOT Myyyyy TERRACE BUT THE TERRACE ON MY FLOOR

Old 05-23-2014, 11:40 AM

101 posts, read 105,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJu1320 View Post
SO WHEN ARE WE ALL MEETING ON MY TERRACE.. LOL.. NOT Myyyyy TERRACE BUT THE TERRACE ON MY FLOOR

Is the terrace completed ? I haven't been up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery