Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 12:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Are you nuts? Trickle down is what keeps NYC going.

Look at the % of total NYC taxes paid by the to 1% or earners. Also look at how many jobs they create, both in the companies they run, and personally, with the money they spend (and in a lot of cases donate) in the city.

Class warfare is bot a losers game, and a game for losers.

If trickle down economics work why are working people still applying for food stamps, looking for public housing, and receiving Medicaid. Can you please explain this to me? Have you ever been to Brooklyn lately even gentry areas. Most of jobs that NYC has created are not middle class or even decent working class jobs, most of these jobs are low skill, low wage pay jobs. Hell even Transplants are making low wage money, thankfully those transplant ladies are loaded up with birth control hormones disallowing them from falling into more single mother Dom poverty unlike their native NYC woman counterpart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCWonderBoy View Post
Do what?!

What is your level of education? You clearly lack in the economics department.
I have a four year degree. I don't lack knowledge in economics, even in macro and micro perspectives, I always took economics classes pretty seriously especially as a Native New Yorker, but also since this city is a nations finance mecca. But dude, plenty of major economics have already stated that trickle down economics does not work. Ok you have more rich and wealthy in one area, does mean you get more money, but look at this, food prices go up, rents go up, transportation costs go up, health care goes up, city taxes go up. One that works in a trickledown economic job might be a bigger loser than some people on welfare. But so many economics have said it, trickledown economics does not work, and from my perspective I have not seen it work in NYC, trickledown economics work against plenty of residents.

Richard Florida Concedes the Limits of the Creative Class

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/us...er23.html?_r=0

Trickle-Down Economics Fails to Deliver as Promised - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Trickle-Down Community Development Comes Up Dry for Most New Yorkers « ANHD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
He's a multibillionaire. If he'd stop hoarding it, he could fund NYC alone for a couple lifetimes.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:17 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Bronxguyanese is right.

Trickle down economics is some holdover crap from the Reagan years. It was a failure then and it's a failure now.

I can't believe people still believe this nonsense.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He's a multibillionaire. If he'd stop hoarding it, he could fund NYC alone for a couple lifetimes.
Lol, rep. I agree

Old 11-25-2013, 01:11 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
No full fledged all in type of economic policy works.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:11 PM

151 posts, read 218,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Bronxguyanese is right.

Trickle down economics is some holdover crap from the Reagan years. It was a failure then and it's a failure now.

I can't believe people still believe this nonsense.
You mean the "holdover crap" that fueled the tech boom?

Trickle-down made us the richest country in the world.

You don't get rich without helping others.

Do you know how many people Bloomberg LP employs? How about Chipotle? McDonalds? JP Morgan Chase?

Old 11-25-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If trickle down economics work why are working people still applying for food stamps, looking for public housing, and receiving Medicaid. Can you please explain this to me? Have you ever been to Brooklyn lately even gentry areas. Most of jobs that NYC has created are not middle class or even decent working class jobs, most of these jobs are low skill, low wage pay jobs. Hell even Transplants are making low wage money, thankfully those transplant ladies are loaded up with birth control hormones disallowing them from falling into more single mother Dom poverty unlike their native NYC woman counterpart.

I have a four year degree. I don't lack knowledge in economics, even in macro and micro perspectives, I always took economics classes pretty seriously especially as a Native New Yorker, but also since this city is a nations finance mecca. But dude, plenty of major economics have already stated that trickle down economics does not work. Ok you have more rich and wealthy in one area, does mean you get more money, but look at this, food prices go up, rents go up, transportation costs go up, health care goes up, city taxes go up. One that works in a trickledown economic job might be a bigger loser than some people on welfare. But so many economics have said it, trickledown economics does not work, and from my perspective I have not seen it work in NYC, trickledown economics work against plenty of residents.

Richard Florida Concedes the Limits of the Creative Class

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/us...er23.html?_r=0

Trickle-Down Economics Fails to Deliver as Promised - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Trickle-Down Community Development Comes Up Dry for Most New Yorkers « ANHD

Please explain how city taxes go up due to trickle-down economics. That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

You can post links all day long. Doesn't change the fact that trickle-down works and works well. There's a reason China is using the model.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:14 PM

People just don't understand what trickle-down actually is.

The rich provide the jobs.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:28 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Bloomberg's staff is probably 1% of color from the pics I've seen, so I don't care.
There are lots of Indian Americans that work there. Should they count?

Old 11-25-2013, 01:30 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
There are lots of Indian Americans that work there. Should they count?
The pics I saw a couple of years ago didn't show any, but yes, this is very good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City