Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 10:32 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You really do have issues concerning social services, don't you? You're taking comments that are said by people on this forum, myself included far too personally?

The entire time I've posted on this forum I have always been for cuts in social services, and I have always accused certain segments of the population for being disgusting slobs that drain our resources. That's especially my attitude with NYCHA.

With that said, I have said there is absolutely nothing wrong with temporary entitlements such as unemployment that people worked for and paid taxes into.
You're saying that NOW, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I was just using social services as an example of inconsistency. There are other things you've said, but I don't feel like listing all of them. I guess I'm more disappointed in you saying how the mothers or guardians of these heathens should do jail time for the actions of their no account kids. You act like the mothers purposely raised their sons to do this crap or they haven't tried to get help somewhere for them.

Many social service cuts that happened under BILL CLINTON destroyed programs that could have helped these kids. Now, when a mother or guardian asks for help with their juvenile delinquent child, they're told there's nothing they can do until they get arrested. Even putting a PINS petition out on them doesn't work like it used to and is hard to obtain, because these places are overflowing.

You live in Los Angeles now. Why do you even care? Also, NYC isn't the only place where this is happening. Why don't you post this same thread in those forums? This "game" didn't begin in NYC and is not the only place it's happening either.

Quote:
And I did not advocate the cops stop two or more Blacks just because they together. I said given the recent knockout game maybe stop and frisk or increased police presence in problem areas isn't a bad idea, given the fact that ghetto people just can't seem to behave.
No, you didn't say it in those exact words, but I'm trying to figure out HOW stop and frisk will stop a group of teens or grown men from beating up someone for kicks?

Many people in the "ghetto" don't believe in this crap. Believe it or not, there's still a "code" that you don't cross. This knockout game is something that is not and will never be accepted. Even Mike Tyson said it made no sense and the people who do it are "evil". This is coming from someone who I consider to be insane.

Quote:
But back to the Black issue, its a common tactic for scum to try to hide behind race. I have personally seen criminals try to hide behind their race when they are busted. Its just that they've learned to milk white liberal guilt. I'm neither white, not liberal, nor guilty so whatever. Nor will I defend or like someone because he is Black.
I don't believe you.

Not saying you're lying...I just don't believe you.

Last edited by marilyn220; 11-29-2013 at 11:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 10:58 AM

35 posts, read 37,436 times
So, if we eliminated social programs like WIC, and SNAP, knockout attacks will end right?

Old 11-29-2013, 11:06 AM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Los Angeles? I thought he moved to Yonkers or somewhere else just north? If he moved to LA, it is a little ridiculous to be so concerned with NYC as to continue posting here daily.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:23 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Los Angeles? I thought he moved to Yonkers or somewhere else just north? If he moved to LA, it is a little ridiculous to be so concerned with NYC as to continue posting here daily.
I believe he lives in another state.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:54 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
It won't stop it, because the guys doing it probably won't be carrying anything worthy of a stop and frisk.

NYWriterdude is advocating that cops stop 2 or more blacks walking together just "because" they "might" do something.

NYWriterdude's post are contradictory and he never stands for anything for a long period of time. One minute he's down for something, then the next he's against it. There is no consistency.

One minute he's against gentrification and then now he's for it.

Like in one post, he says he has no problem with social services "temporarily", but I bet he'll create another thread saying how these people are disgusting slobs draining our resources.

I no longer take him seriously.
Basically what I thought when I read the title and who created this thread.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:00 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Quote:
I am going to have to reconsider my positions on Stop and Frisk. On gentrification, I already had no strong feelings. People need to live where they can afford, so if your landlord wants to raise the rent you need to pay up or find another place to live.

But as far as Stop and Frisk goes, while I don't want innocent people to be poorly treated by the police, at the same time the reason why Bloomberg even had to institute stop and frisk is because you have some scummy behavior from certain people.

I don't want to hear any excuses from defenders of this criminal scum.

Basically, its the poor underclass people that are so worshipped and celebrated by bleeding heart liberals that are doing these brutal attacks on innocent people!

The behavior of these children is an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment. What kind of parents would allow their children to roam the streets committing criminal behaviors? If any of these thugs are underage, the parents should be held responsible. Maybe if mommy gets kicked out of her apartment and can't get into a shelter she'll try to do a better job in teaching her children that there are consequences for crappy behavior.

And really, New York should do like the Southern states were prisoners are forced to do hard labor. Upstate NY is cold, so even make them bust rocks in a quarry in the COLD!

And the behavior of this riff raff is exactly why New York needs to further eliminate easy welfare.

Airborneguy, I have my differences with you but I'm going to say that people should arm themselves in self defense and the city needs to organize a sense of community among working and law abiding people. If you had community full of armed people who cared about where they lived you would not have this kind of barbarism. The behavior of these cretins is wicked, vile, stupid, and savage.
Can i use the Smith & Wesson .38 Saturday Night Special Limited Edition with a wooden handle? What's your choice?
ROFLMAO!!!!

Old 11-29-2013, 01:10 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

NYWriterdude's post are contradictory and he never stands for anything for a long period of time. One minute he's down for something, then the next he's against it. There is no consistency.
I noticed the inconsistency also.

I think the Nywritergal likes to take contrarian positions just for the sake for arguing, and not because he has thought those positions thoroughly

Dude's got a lot of time on his hands apparently, since I see him posting on this board pretty much 24/7

I think he's just trying to sharpen up his argumentative skills for an upcoming LGBT drama-filled novel. So bear with him

Old 11-29-2013, 03:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
I know, I was being facetious.

Good to hear. There is no correlation between legal gun ownership and increase gun crime. Gun crime is at a 20 year low in our nation and so far, it continues to go down. Punishment needs to be targeted towards those who commit an actual crime with a firearm, not preemptively created to whittle away the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.
I agree with this. So far this is the best response I have heard of in this thread. Sad part is that I can not Rep you.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:25 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
Quote:
There is no correlation between legal gun ownership and increase gun crime. Gun crime is at a 20 year low in our nation and so far, it continues to go down. Punishment needs to be targeted towards those who commit an actual crime with a firearm, not preemptively created to whittle away the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.
Not entirely true. Most mass shootings are committed with legal firearms. Dangers include increased risk for suicide and accidental shootings-especially tragic when children are involved.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us...dden-toll.html

Old 11-29-2013, 04:36 PM

107 posts, read 272,857 times
Quote:
I'm Black. What if those thugs punched someone in my family? Yes, Blacks are victims of crime at the hands of the hoodlums that are so worshipped and celebrated by you fake liberals. People of other races (Hispanic, Asian, etc) are also victimized by this criminal scum. What about the rights of people not to be violently assaulted?

The fake liberalism of NYC never ceases to amaze me.
Yes, NYC liberals love to champion the cause of scum as long as said scum doesn't live in their neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City