Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 02:23 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,323,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Martin Luther King is dead and has no way to address these allegations. Talk about smearing a dead person to prove a political point. If he had a white ex, so what? Is that somehow a crime? Is that suppose to somehow make him a worse person, or take away from what he did?

Political parties are not going either, neither are class differences.

Nor do I even see the point in class unity. I could argue that class unity is big a falsehood as race.

Its really up to you the individual to live the kind of life you want to. Class and race as categories are just similar forms of collectivism. But the reality is people primarily care about themselves, and beyond that maybe their relatives and their friends. When all is said and done, you are responsible for YOURSELF!
No one is smearing anyone that is dead. I am not against anyone or MLK. I was just arguing a neutral point. May he RIP.

And I agree with what you said about class and race being constructs and not real. At the end of the day all of these divisions and labels and factions are put in place for power. However unlike others, I can see through the bull**** of it all. I won't ignore it and not act like it's here but I at least know the honest TRUTH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
And this information about MLK comes from where?
You can google it. I read it online and there are various sources on it if you do research and you can speak to biographers too.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
By the way, saying people should get rid of politics, in and of itself is political! The claims you made about Martin Luther King, regardless of whether are not they are true, are politics.

As for the Trayvon Martin thing, right or wrong, the outcry was how those people personally felt about that matter. They thought Zimmerman should have been jailed for killing Martin. Mind you, Zimmerman has more recently been arrested for violence against his girlfriend.

So political parties aren't going anywhere, so feel free to vote for whatever politician you think best suits your interests or not vote at all.

The people I know who spend all their time complaining about the system tend to do so to distract from their own personal failures.
I'm successful and don't have any personal failures. Speak for yourself papo. Yes, any opinion could be considered poLIEtical.

Do you feel that political parties should be done away with or it doesn't even phase you?

Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
By the way, saying people should get rid of politics, in and of itself is political! The claims you made about Martin Luther King, regardless of whether are not they are true, are politics.

As for the Trayvon Martin thing, right or wrong, the outcry was how those people personally felt about that matter. They thought Zimmerman should have been jailed for killing Martin. Mind you, Zimmerman has more recently been arrested for violence against his girlfriend.

So political parties aren't going anywhere, so feel free to vote for whatever politician you think best suits your interests or not vote at all.

The people I know who spend all their time complaining about the system tend to do so to distract from their own personal failures.
Well based on you changing up your stance on these matters I guess that means Trayvon was a hoodlum and thug and drug crazed fool and that he is an example of a person that was stopped and frisked (regardless of race). The case wasn't racial IMHO at least.

I just found it odd because your stance contradicts many things you've said on other threads and forums in the past. Its almost as if you are not the same person? Not saying you are wrong, but it's interesting to see how you've changed your stance.

This could be interpreted as political etc? Would t you agree?

Old 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
Well based on you changing up your stance on these matters I guess that means Trayvon was a hoodlum and thug and drug crazed fool and that he is an example of a person that was stopped and frisked (regardless of race). The case wasn't racial IMHO at least.

I just found it odd because your stance contradicts many things you've said on other threads and forums in the past. Its almost as if you are not the same person? Not saying you are wrong, but it's interesting to see how you've changed your stance.

This could be interpreted as political etc? Would t you agree?
Trayvon Martin is irrelevant to this thread and forum. The incident happened in Florida and pertains to issues in Florida that I will not address in this forum.

And don't put words in my mouth. I can speak for myself.

Nothing I said contradicts anything I've said. I've explained my stance, and explained why wrote I wrote the OP. If some people have issues with it, its their problem not mine.

Truthfully, my OP was more about why de Blasio cannot completely get rid of stop and frisk. He too has to answer to public pressure, and with media exposure of the knock out game, de Blasio doesn't want to be the man who let NYC return to the crack epidemic. The judge who ruled Bloomberg's version of stop and frisk unconstitutional (which I agree with) did not order an END to STOP and FRISK. Even if de Blasio drops the city's appeal, her ruling did not STOP STOP and FRISK.

It curtailed it towards the police having to actively catch crimes in progress or about to happen, or that have already happen. And the cops would be required to supply video footage.

Someone gave an example of hoodlums on the street scoping out potential victims or following people. If the police stopped and frisked someone under those circumstances, stop and frisk is totally constitutional according to the Judge Scheindlin's ruling.

What is unconstitutional, and what I previously said is unconstitutional is stopping someone because of their race or even because they are dressed a certain way or look a certain way (tattoos) . That's when you get into stereotypes and what's when innocent people get harmed.

But if some guys are hanging out on the corner or in front of a building at 3am in the morning, I have no problems with cops questioning them. That falls into reasonable suspicion, and yes, cops are constitutionally allowed to question people (even stop and frisk them) if there is reasonable suspicion.

I can distinguish between different types of police encounters. Some times the individual stopped or arrested by the police (much of the time actually) really is a criminal and guilty. With that said, there are racist cops and cops who are jerks, and sometimes innocent people get caught up in problems. With that said, just because a Black person cries racism does not make them not guilty or the cop racist. Hustlers love hiding behind race to manipulate white guilt.

Last edited by NyWriterdude; 12-02-2013 at 03:00 PM..

Old 12-02-2013, 03:26 PM

229 posts, read 232,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
I'm sorry. But you know what? I did not lay down and spread my legs and get pregnant and SPAWN one of those scumbag thugs. Why is it MY da-mn job to have to mentor and do this and that for thugs whose own PARENTS wont do it?? I'm SICK of this attitude. I GET what you are saying, I do. And I HAVE volunteered my time and things in the past for those less fortunate. But I swear, I'm getting sick and tired of hearing this dribble.

If you have a kid, it is YOUR responsibility to raise, teach, and guide your child. But they don't do that. And if you are an adult, its YOUR job to take some responsibility for where you are in life. Stop looking to everybody else to have to help your a$$! You know how the black community can start to help themselves?? By doing what my family did. My parents raised me to have respect. They taught me the value of an honest day's work, and the importance of an education. They kept me on a leash, monitored what I did and who I did it with. And as I became older with my own views and thoughts, I was smart enough to continue to follow the path in which I had been raised. As an adult, it was now up to ME to continue to have respect for others, good work ethic, and to remain law abiding. It was up to ME to take responsibility for the things that I did, and not blame others for whatever situation I was in if CLEARLY it was no one's fault but mine.
I also made sure that I held others responsible for their actions, and refused to find excuses for others bad behavior. (No matter WHAT race they were).

See, if more black people did THAT, then there would be less need to yap about the crisis going on within the black community because there wouldn't be as much human trash running around. I swear, do WHITE people need people coming into their neighborhoods to hold their fricking hands???? But see, a lot of black peoples mentality is the exact opposite of that. They have that entitlement attitude, and that " everything is everybody else's fault" attitude. They don't teach their kids sh*t except get what you can get for doing nothing, and if you get in trouble its not your fault. It's downright embarrassing.

And, I am black. AND I work in Law Enforcement. So TRUST me when I tell you I get to see things going on with people within their homes that some of you don't. And believe me, tons of people just don't want to apply themselves, and just want to suck on the teats of the government for everything. I can sort of get how NYwriterdude feels because I'm so tired of having to be lumped in with the freaking TRASH within this race who do NOTHING but cry and complain but yet do NOTHING to try to improve themselves. Instead, they look to everyone else to take care of them, (government handouts) and to raise the kids they spawn. S&F and all the police interaction in the world isn't going to matter if people don't start getting a brain and get off their ass and at least TRY to better themselves instead of settling for being the trash they are.
You tell them girl

Old 12-02-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Trayvon Martin is irrelevant to this thread and forum. The incident happened in Florida and pertains to issues in Florida that I will not address in this forum.

And don't put words in my mouth. I can speak for myself.

Nothing I said contradicts anything I've said. I've explained my stance, and explained why wrote I wrote the OP. If some people have issues with it, its their problem not mine.

Truthfully, my OP was more about why de Blasio cannot completely get rid of stop and frisk. He too has to answer to public pressure, and with media exposure of the knock out game, de Blasio doesn't want to be the man who let NYC return to the crack epidemic. The judge who ruled Bloomberg's version of stop and frisk unconstitutional (which I agree with) did not order an END to STOP and FRISK. Even if de Blasio drops the city's appeal, her ruling did not STOP STOP and FRISK.

It curtailed it towards the police having to actively catch crimes in progress or about to happen, or that have already happen. And the cops would be required to supply video footage.

Someone gave an example of hoodlums on the street scoping out potential victims or following people. If the police stopped and frisked someone under those circumstances, stop and frisk is totally constitutional according to the Judge Scheindlin's ruling.

What is unconstitutional, and what I previously said is unconstitutional is stopping someone because of their race or even because they are dressed a certain way or look a certain way (tattoos) . That's when you get into stereotypes and what's when innocent people get harmed.

But if some guys are hanging out on the corner or in front of a building at 3am in the morning, I have no problems with cops questioning them. That falls into reasonable suspicion, and yes, cops are constitutionally allowed to question people (even stop and frisk them) if there is reasonable suspicion.

I can distinguish between different types of police encounters. Some times the individual stopped or arrested by the police (much of the time actually) really is a criminal and guilty. With that said, there are racist cops and cops who are jerks, and sometimes innocent people get caught up in problems. With that said, just because a Black person cries racism does not make them not guilty or the cop racist. Hustlers love hiding behind race to manipulate white guilt.
Ah ok. I can agree with most of what you stated. Valid points.

Well then do you agree then that the ppl that claimed to be "profiled" were wrongfully or racially profiled in the Barney's controversy because in another thread you seemed to be against the Barney's incidents.

So then do you agree now that Barney's and the NYPD were not at fault or it's not anything wrong since the ppl complaining are just opportunists? After all it's hard to prove if there was racism or race involved in this matter.

You have a tendency at times to change up your view depending on who you are talking to or depending on whose around or what you may feel at the moment.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's just something I noticed.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:42 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,091 times
Quote:
I'm sorry. But you know what? I did not lay down and spread my legs and get pregnant and SPAWN one of those scumbag thugs. Why is it MY da-mn job to have to mentor and do this and that for thugs whose own PARENTS wont do it?? I'm SICK of this attitude. I GET what you are saying, I do. And I HAVE volunteered my time and things in the past for those less fortunate. But I swear, I'm getting sick and tired of hearing this dribble.

If you have a kid, it is YOUR responsibility to raise, teach, and guide your child. But they don't do that. And if you are an adult, its YOUR job to take some responsibility for where you are in life. Stop looking to everybody else to have to help your a$$! You know how the black community can start to help themselves?? By doing what my family did. My parents raised me to have respect. They taught me the value of an honest day's work, and the importance of an education. They kept me on a leash, monitored what I did and who I did it with. And as I became older with my own views and thoughts, I was smart enough to continue to follow the path in which I had been raised. As an adult, it was now up to ME to continue to have respect for others, good work ethic, and to remain law abiding. It was up to ME to take responsibility for the things that I did, and not blame others for whatever situation I was in if CLEARLY it was no one's fault but mine.
I also made sure that I held others responsible for their actions, and refused to find excuses for others bad behavior. (No matter WHAT race they were).

See, if more black people did THAT, then there would be less need to yap about the crisis going on within the black community because there wouldn't be as much human trash running around. I swear, do WHITE people need people coming into their neighborhoods to hold their fricking hands???? But see, a lot of black peoples mentality is the exact opposite of that. They have that entitlement attitude, and that " everything is everybody else's fault" attitude. They don't teach their kids sh*t except get what you can get for doing nothing, and if you get in trouble its not your fault. It's downright embarrassing.

And, I am black. AND I work in Law Enforcement. So TRUST me when I tell you I get to see things going on with people within their homes that some of you don't. And believe me, tons of people just don't want to apply themselves, and just want to suck on the teats of the government for everything. I can sort of get how NYwriterdude feels because I'm so tired of having to be lumped in with the freaking TRASH within this race who do NOTHING but cry and complain but yet do NOTHING to try to improve themselves. Instead, they look to everyone else to take care of them, (government handouts) and to raise the kids they spawn. S&F and all the police interaction in the world isn't going to matter if people don't start getting a brain and get off their ass and at least TRY to better themselves instead of settling for being the trash they are.
Well said!!!!! PROPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:51 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
So then do you agree now that Barney's and the NYPD were not at fault or it's not anything wrong since the ppl complaining are just opportunists? After all it's hard to prove if there was racism or race involved in this matter.
Dude, do not put words in my mouth. Since you insist on doing that, I will be forced to put you on ignore.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:

SummerFall, you go girl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City