Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 03:22 AM

56 posts, read 148,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
A response to a comment by NYWriterDude.
Read WBXRyder's post. When the eagle flies, some others also want to "get paid".

I'm starting to think that the number after marilyn's, screen name is her weight?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 06:59 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,986,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I am going to have to reconsider my positions on Stop and Frisk. On gentrification, I already had no strong feelings. People need to live where they can afford, so if your landlord wants to raise the rent you need to pay up or find another place to live.

But as far as Stop and Frisk goes, while I don't want innocent people to be poorly treated by the police, at the same time the reason why Bloomberg even had to institute stop and frisk is because you have some scummy behavior from certain people.

I don't want to hear any excuses from defenders of this criminal scum.

Basically, its the poor underclass people that are so worshipped and celebrated by bleeding heart liberals that are doing these brutal attacks on innocent people!

The behavior of these children is an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment. What kind of parents would allow their children to roam the streets committing criminal behaviors? If any of these thugs are underage, the parents should be held responsible. Maybe if mommy gets kicked out of her apartment and can't get into a shelter she'll try to do a better job in teaching her children that there are consequences for crappy behavior.

And really, New York should do like the Southern states were prisoners are forced to do hard labor. Upstate NY is cold, so even make them bust rocks in a quarry in the COLD!

And the behavior of this riff raff is exactly why New York needs to further eliminate easy welfare.

Airborneguy, I have my differences with you but I'm going to say that people should arm themselves in self defense and the city needs to organize a sense of community among working and law abiding people. If you had community full of armed people who cared about where they lived you would not have this kind of barbarism. The behavior of these cretins is wicked, vile, stupid, and savage.
This has to be a put on right? The only thing you get with more "law abiding people" armed is more dead people. Want to clean up the city just find all the people who voted against Obama last time and run them out of town.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:56 AM

18,922 posts, read 13,805,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
This has to be a put on right? The only thing you get with more "law abiding people" armed is more dead people.
Want to prove that with some statistics? How about you use Montana and Wyoming. Hint: they have the highest rates of gun ownership in the nation.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:42 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,969,458 times
The only thing I liked about Gentrification of NYC is the women who moved to NYC in recent years to fulfill their ambitions. These women who come from elsewhere are very approachable, laidback, not so stuck up, very knowledgeable of todays times and like to have a good time, compared to the stuck up, shallow, rough looking native NYC women. If it wasn't for gentrification I would have been struggling with ladies or even worst, paying for child support, or seeing a woman with a self made family and helping her pay for a babysitter. As for Stop and Frisk. I live in the hood and I never once got Stop and Frisked. Yes I have been stopped but never Stopped and Frisk. To even take it a step further I never even got my bag searched by police at subway stations even though I look Middle Eastern/Hispanic since terrorism and drugs are such a big problem. I thought cops were into racial profiling? In a sense even though I'm not a fan of gentrification and Stop and Frisk to some extent I probably benefited from these two demons in some way, shape or form. So yes Gentrification and Stop and Frisk can be a good thing depending on the person.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:09 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,222,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Want to prove that with some statistics? How about you use Montana and Wyoming. Hint: they have the highest rates of gun ownership in the nation.
Would not surprise me if the Last Frontier state of Alaska was third. Maybe it was even number one at some point.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:43 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,222,383 times
As for Montana and Wyoming those states are not densley populated. A lof of lebensraum for everybody. Less stress. I still stand by my opinion that firearms in the hands of everybody in a hectic, densley populated city with social ills and huge social inequality would not work out very well. What works in pasture country might not work in an urban setting. Staring straight down a forty-four on the train everyday... no fun.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:19 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,896,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
As for Montana and Wyoming those states are not densley populated.
Exactly, you took the response right out of my hand.
It might therefore be a counterintuitive comparison.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:32 PM

18,922 posts, read 13,805,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
As for Montana and Wyoming those states are not densley populated. A lof of lebensraum for everybody. Less stress. I still stand by my opinion that firearms in the hands of everybody in a hectic, densley populated city with social ills and huge social inequality would not work out very well. What works in pasture country might not work in an urban setting. Staring straight down a forty-four on the train everyday... no fun.
Why is it always EVERYBODY with you guys? Sobro same thing: "oh, so even babies should carry guns right? or else we should be Somalia."

If NYC joined America in recognizing the Constitution, EVERYBODY wouldn't have a gun. More law-abiding citizens would, not EVERYBODY.

I truly can't imagine what it is going to feel like to live somewhere that's free one day. This place is bizarro world.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:13 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,226,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As for Stop and Frisk. I live in the hood and I never once got Stop and Frisked. Yes I have been stopped but never Stopped and Frisk. To even take it a step further I never even got my bag searched by police at subway stations even though I look Middle Eastern/Hispanic
This has to be a lie! Don't you read the other comments, which insist that all young men of color are being S&Fed constantly on the streets of NYC, for no other reason than their race!

Old 12-12-2013, 07:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,285,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Is there more or less crime in PA? Is the bigger issue your overzealous cops or the criminals committing crimes? If you move out of your high crime neighborhood you should have nothing to worry about.

If ignorance is a bliss, than you should be eternally happy. I never said that it was for one, and I have already mentioned that there are overzealous cops everywhere in Pa. from Philly to Pittsburgh giving SOME of these clowns the right to harrass certain people would only make the situation worst. Finally what makes you think that I live in a high crime neighborhood because I'm black or because I oppose a failed police policy in another state?

If you really want to know quite frankly I'm tired of these white boys throwing lawn chairs in the street when cars are coming over hill blindly. Calling the police did not stop them but a group of neighbors found out who they were and it stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City