Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:18 PM

30 posts, read 33,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
You got a DUI after already getting busted for DUI. Nothing personal, but hope your ass ends up in jail. Sounds like only then you will think twice.

I think DUI is the most under punished crime in society.
Seriously how can you say this to somebody?

Old 12-04-2013, 08:19 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpetrov View Post
Seriously how can you say this to somebody?
Do allow me to agree with that poster and add a few thoughts.
People who drink or use drugs and drive are are absolute bottom. Period.
They kill people's children, friends, spouses, and pets - with impunity, and almost always without another thought.
There is no reason whatsoever to drive when you have been drinking. How stupid can a person be.
And how selfish.
Even if you are sixteen, a maturity level that is indicated by the fact of your post, you should know better by now.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Do allow me to agree with that poster and add a few thoughts.
People who drink or use drugs and drive are are absolute bottom. Period.
They kill people's children, friends, spouses, and pets - with impunity, and almost always without another thought.
There is no reason whatsoever to drive when you have been drinking. How stupid can a person be.
And how selfish.
Even if you are sixteen, a maturity level that is indicated by the fact of your post, you should know better by now.
Self righteous much? I am looking at JAIL and having a CRIMINAL RECORD for BAC readings that weren't even that high for a 'crime' that wouldn't even get you arrested 30 years ago, let alone charged!!!

Old 12-04-2013, 08:42 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
[quote=pkpetrov;32489216]Self righteous much? I am looking at JAIL and having a CRIMINAL RECORD for BAC readings that weren't even that high for a 'crime' that wouldn't even get you arrested 30 years ago, let alone charged!!![/quote

If a person has a prior DUI is the penalty for getting another one increased?

Old 12-04-2013, 08:52 PM

Yes the problem in my case is that this last DUI was on a suspend license but I have no choice I am in sales and have to drive for work and worse yet I wasn't drunk. BAC standards here are ridiculous!

Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Right. Then leave.
Clearly, this person is a true victim. Perhaps we should organize a chip-in.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:01 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpetrov View Post
Yes the problem in my case is that this last DUI was on a suspend license but I have no choice I am in sales and have to drive for work and worse yet I wasn't drunk. BAC standards here are ridiculous!
So...you drove with a suspended license?

Old 12-04-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
So...you drove with a suspended license?
Yes. But I only blew a .9.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,121 times
Take your punishment you deserve we do not need or want people like you on our roads. You should not have been driving in the first place!!!! Find a job that does not require driving!!! Does your job which requires you to drive know that you do not even have a license to drive!! From what you have said here. You belong in jail for a long time before you kill some innocent person!!! Of course the lawyer is not going to be positive. Truly because you are crazy!

There have been far too many people getting away with what you think you should get away with! Go to jail no get out free card for you.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Take your punishment you deserve we do not need or want people like you on our roads. You should not have been driving in the first place!!!! Find a job that does not require driving!!! Does your job which requires you to drive know that you do not even have a license to drive!! From what you have said here. You belong in jail for a long time before you kill some innocent person!!! Of course the lawyer is not going to be positive. Truly because you are crazy!

There have been far too many people getting away with what you think you should get away with! Go to jail no get out free card for you.
Before MADD people didn't even get pulled over for driving after few drinks and now it a felony? Fake outrage and low BAC standard put a lot of people in a real bind, not just me. I am in sales and yes must drive for work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: